OFFICIAL 2015-2016 College Football Season Thread

Maroon Report ‏@MaroonReport  9h9 hours ago
Report: Spavital Will Not Be Back Next Season http://maroonreport.com/2015/11/09/report-spavital-will-not-be-back-next-season/ … 
Dana? 
nerd.gif

Why am I not surprised that TJ Moe dude is white

Dude would rather us jus be quiet on some it is what it is type **** :lol:

Foh

Last edited:
Bama's defense is built to stop I formation/pro style offenses. The scheme & the players they recruit are geared towards that hence why they tend to struggle vs spread teams.

They've had to change their recruiting some to better deal w: the more & more spread they'll face

Honestly don't think they even need to change recruiting, just be willing to slide corners inside more and drop some SS down to the box

Last edited:
I think the biggest difference for Bama is they have a pass rush again, remember last year they had some weird stat where they were bad on 3rd and really long. A pass rush shuts all that down and dbs don't have to defend for 5 seconds.

Now back to important stuff getting strong Cristobal vibes again. :smh:

Last edited:
Bama's defense is built to stop I formation/pro style offenses. The scheme & the players they recruit are geared towards that hence why they tend to struggle vs spread teams.

They've had to change their recruiting some to better deal w: the more & more spread they'll face

Yea, it's all about matchups and with the diversity of offensive systems in CFB now it's getting harder and harder (even for teams as talented as Bama) to be an elite shutdown D against every team they face. Bama and LSU are able to field rosters (most years) that are both big/strong to defend the pro sets/I formation and fast enough to keep up with most spread teams. In a game like this their best player on D (A'Shawn) gets to wreak havoc, but he would be much less of a factor if they were playing Baylor etc.

As usual, I think LSU's coaching failed them in that game. Obviously their offense is built around a particular identity with Fournette and deep PA passes but they do a horrible job of game planning and often play right into the strength of the other team. This is why you see their offense consistently mediocre even while fielding players like Landry, OBJ, Hill, Blue, Mettenberger, et al and having solid offensive lines.

Not saying LSU would have won, but they sure do waste their offensive talent more so than most schools IMO.

Yup Les could have at least tried to move LF around a bit too get him some mismatches. In the slot or some screens, something to get him into space.

Speaking of LF, his parents are being investigated for possible NCAA rules violations.

Last edited:
So A&M & UT gonna be in the market for new OCs this offseason? Should be fun.

Biggest blank check wins. :nerd:

^Beast on 790 AM reported that a source told him that Cristobal is now the favorite.

I'm not making much of these rumors, we're going to hear the same four names for months until the season is over and the real hiring process starts.

Last edited:
Mario is under qualified to be a coach in a power 5 . It's not particularly difficult to recruit the area when you have sec bag men on your side . Not saying he will fail here but the move from position coach to head coach when you got fired from freaking f.i.u is ridiculous .

I feel like we gon be the tennessee of the acc if they hire him :lol:

Last edited:
I don't believe any of these rumors honestly. Don't think they've started formally interviewing guys yet, but I'm sure they've reached out to gauge interest for various candidates, and I'm sure that they've even had some powerful boosters meeting with guys.

If Cristobal gets the job he'll sign like two Top-10 classes, but what about the Xs & Os?, he hasn't really proven anything, those classes will fade real quick.

Only way I see this working if he could get Chud as the OC and Orgeron/Butch as the DC or something.

If Cristobal gets the job he'll sign like two Top-10 classes, but what about the Xs & Os?, he hasn't really proven anything, those classes will fade real quick.

Only way I see this working if he could get Chud as the OC and Orgeron/Butch as the DC or something.
Butch and Chud aren't working as coordinators under Cristobal. 
laugh.gif
 Possibly, he could work under them. They are not working under him, though. 

So A&M & UT gonna be in the market for new OCs this offseason? Should be fun.

Biggest blank check wins. :nerd:
Sumlin gonna end up hiring Dana or Kevin Wilson. His boys about to get fired and find a nice, soft landing place.

Clemson
Bama
Ohio state
Notre dame
Baylor
Ok state
Iowa
Florida

My shot in the dark for playoff rankings

Last edited:
Ahh yes, the darling of college football: the Notre Dame Fighting Irish.

I knew from the get-go that this selection committee system would be BS. All the analysts are getting paid to tell us: "don't worry America, the rankings will work themselves out." Yeah but, what if they don't? They should have kept the BCS computers and instilled a playoff consisting of the top 4 ranked teams from the old system.

Back
Top Bottom