OFFICIAL 2015 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

What are some common mistakes people can make during their drafts? I think one might reaching for a QB too early (like Rodgers or Luck) when you have guys like Foster, Cobb, Hill on the table :lol: don't get me wrong those two will consistently put up 20+ a week but I'd rather have a more balanced roster than anything.

What are some common mistakes people can make during their drafts? I think one might reaching for a QB too early (like Rodgers or Luck) when you have guys like Foster, Cobb, Hill on the table
laugh.gif
don't get me wrong those two will consistently put up 20+ a week but I'd rather have a more balanced roster than anything.
If we're talking standard format, most agree that at the very least you wait to take a kicker and defense as your last picks

Honestly you could probably go without even drafting a defense but I probably will anyway

Never fails that I end up streaming defenses week to week, I think most people do too. Last year I ended up streaming kickers as well... won my 10 man league doing so

Last edited:
started streaming D/ST the last 10 weeks of last season & loved it. will definitely be doing it again this season

Yep. I may just take Miami last round unless the Jets are there. Streaming is the way to go unless you find a waiver wire gem.

Last edited:
I keep going back and forth on AP

Whenever I doubt him he does something amazing

But I also feel he could have that season LT had when he turned 30

10 dollar drop and adds make it very expensive for me to stream defenses for my league smh
Wow thats the highest I have ever heard for an add/drop price. 

Does your league have alot of waiver transactions?

Most of the guys in your league ballers or what?

Wow thats the highest I have ever heard for an add/drop price. 

Does your league have alot of waiver transactions?

Most of the guys in your league ballers or what?

Trades are ten a transaction too. It def limits the high volume of waiver transactions so it makes you calculate your move much more on whether this guy is worth it or not. We love it because it adds to the money pot and also affects how you draft towards the later rounds. We all hate that one guy who would stay up early in the morning to scoop guys off free agency after the waivers are done.

Anybody draft players based on bye weeks?

AP bye is week 5. I love that because I don't run the risk of losing him In a crucial matchup later on

Did a mock and ended up with (#1 pick) AP/AJGreen/Alshon as my first 3 picks. I would love that

Also I love Melvin Gordon man. He's why I may go RB/WR/WR/RB if he's still there in the 4th round. It'll be risky though

Last edited:
I only care about not having guys at the same position with the same bye. Prefer, for the most part, to have no starters with the same bye week period.

I never pay attention to bye weeks and I don't recall it burning me yet, or at least in the past 3 years

It probably just depends on how easy it is to add free agents. I see everyone has different waiver rules and stipulations. The leagues I'm usually in are standard waiver wire adds so I can usually fill in any holes or byes easily 

For others I could see why you might pay more attention to bye weeks during the draft

Last edited:
Anyone got input? My draft ain't for a month and I got 6th pick in a 12 man league.

First 5 picks the dudes already said who they are taking, bell, ap, lynch, lacy, and Charles. What should I do at 6?

Anyone got input? My draft ain't for a month and I got 6th pick in a 12 man league.

First 5 picks the dudes already said who they are taking, bell, ap, lynch, lacy, and Charles. What should I do at 6?
Is it standard league or PPR? 

Sucks to miss out on those guys 
laugh.gif

I think I would go Dez or Brown regardless of format then take Jeremy Hill 

Ok so I've gotta nail down my keeper today... Just to make sure...

10-team PPR

Demarco - 2nd
OBJ - 9th
Jeremy Hill - 9th
Gronk - 3rd

It's Odell, right?

10-team PPR

Demarco - 2nd
OBJ - 9th
Jeremy Hill - 9th
Gronk - 3rd

It's Odell, right?

I'm so weary of OBJ this year with Vic back but I would go OBJ as well.

10-team PPR

Demarco - 2nd
OBJ - 9th
Jeremy Hill - 9th
Gronk - 3rd

It's Odell, right?
Id say ODB

Quick question though are any of the big name RBs being kept? Will there be RBs to grab up. That would be the only reason i would maybe think about Hill.

I played in a league last year with only 10 transactions allowed. Made it much more challenging to add/drop, which is a good thing, but at the same time, can be annoying.

Last edited:
I feel like Roto and other guides are somewhat down on Victor Cruz. I seen him basically designated as a FLEX not even as a WR2

Will be on my radar for sure if nobody snags him early. I am a bit hesitant to select him as a WR2 tbh

I feel like Roto and other guides are somewhat down on Victor Cruz. I seen him basically designated as a FLEX not even as a WR2

Will be on my radar for sure if nobody snags him early. I am a bit hesitant to select him as a WR2 tbh
I think torn patellar tendon injuries are worse than ACL tears, and by the start of the season it'll be nowhere close to even 12 months of recovery time. I'd take a stab at him after like the 10th round, but I'm not sure he's worth the risk before that.

Back
Top Bottom