OFFICIAL 2015 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

So hypothetically, if you have a late 1st round pick and Luck is available, do you take him or still go RB/WR?

I personally am aiming to RB/WR, but you never know how others in front of you will draft.

Last edited:
So hypothetically, if you have a late 1st round pick and Luck is available, do you take him or still go RB/WR?

Depends, are you a Colts fan?

The reason i ask is because if you are, little is more fulfilling in fantasy than having your favorite player on your ff squad and being able to beast with them..
If no particular attachment to Andrew Luck, then HECK NO!

Usually at that point in the draft the consensus stud rbs are gone, so the safest and strongest pick would be an elite WR ( Dez, Julio, etc) , then in the 2nd round take a strong RB there((Jeremy Hill, Demarco Murray), or if you want take another elite wideout and lock that position down.. then you would proceed to stock up on RBs.. some prefer the RB/WR method because it brings more balance, some people like having a large advantage at one position...(WR/WR, or RB/RB).

The only time I would consider Luck or a QB in a first round is if you are in a 2 QB league or a league where a flex position can be a QB..

Its really all up to you though.. just from what I've seen, the elite qbs don't offer much of an advantage over someone that knows what they are doing and lock their skill positions first.. you sacrifice a lot if you take a qb or te in your first 4-5 picks.. much rather have Big Ben or Matt Ryan in rounds 5-6 than burn an early pick on a Rodgers or Luck.

Last edited:
@THE BLACKHAND

I'm not taking Latavious in the first round. Nor the second for that matter. But I'm passing on DeMarco if he's on the board, which he should be.

Since there's no way I'd take DeMarco at 3 I was making that as a pointed statement how I don't like DeMarco and you essentially might as well pass on him at that point.

And all I do is play for money, btw. :lol:

Last edited:
@651akathePaul  you wildn on some of your posts right there.

How do you have golden tate at 4 when he has calvin johnson opposite him? Unless you think CJ will get injured again, i dont see how tate will do better. Not to mention leaving out guys like DT & AJ Green

I personally am aiming to RB/WR, but you never know how others in front of you will draft.
i personally never take a qb before i have my team built. rather go with tanny, rivers, etc. after getting the best potential wr's and rb's.

jamie dimon jamie dimon

It's not going to make complete sense because I put my own spin on it, but as I said, there's a lot of gaps in in my posts that I didn't fill in about my thought process. I surely could have made it more clear by making it tiers or relative to what round I'm looking at some of these guys at, but it would be a novel and this was basically a mind dump.

In terms of Golden on that list and not Calvin is for one, it's a PPR, so Goldens value is gonna be higher than where I'd put him in a standard league ( not necessarily higher ranked than CJ, just general), but also, with the 7th pick, the assumption here is that CJ goes right before I pick or right after. Considering at 7, I should have available to me one of the top 3 guys I posted, which are theoretically my first round picks as i have it graded, that's who I'm going for ahead of CJ. As you alluded to though, I don't trust him to stay healthy. Same with AJ.

If I posted my big board it would make more sense, but still not complete sense as I did this with a jagged thought process.

Last edited:
I've seen a lot of love for Bradford in here..

Question, in my league i have drafted so far i took Brady Late, then followed it up even later with Teddy B.. Should i drop Teddy for Bradford?
A lot of people seem sold on him so far..

Only thing is, Im a Falcons fan, his first game is MNF vs us..Not really feeling having to pull for Bradford vs my team and our new Dan Quinn Def in primetime ..

It's a matter of personal opinion. I wouldn't say in your case it's worth it to drop Teddy for Bradford, especially when you already have Brady.

I've been high on Bradford from the outset and with a bias in mind, but with the thought Bradford does work with Chip'so offense, I have him much higher than moat probably would.

You're a Vikings fan how do you like Teddy Football this year? I've been feeling him taking that next step.

Last edited:
You're a Vikings fan how do you like Teddy Football this year? I've been feeling him taking that next step.

Love him. I was ecstatic when they got him and he's showing exactly what I thought he'd be.

As a fan, I've jumped in with both feet. For fantasy though, I'm probably staying away. I think he'll be just fine, but he's not a guy that will go hog wild on fantasy numbers, in my opinion. He's more the efficiency-type. I also feel they're going to get all they can out of AP. Dump off here, move the chains there, take shots deep every now and again, but inside the 10, it's going to AP and also Asiata at the goaline along with AP.

20-25 TD's...Low interceptions and high completion percentage.

Last edited:
For those that have been avoiding Sanders because of the Broncos new "run-first offense"....don't. I have a buddy that's from Denver, huge Broncos fan, that was at our draft the other night and had been to a bunch of the Broncos practices this training camp. Told me when Sanders has been out there practicing Peyton has been throwing to him damn near every time he drops back, and they want him, not Demaryius, as the #1 in targets. Peyton apparently wasn't happy with Demaryius holding out.

Thomas is going to be far and away their #1 
laugh.gif

I take that story as seriously as what I saw on t.v. with Peyton and D. Thomas laughing and joking with each other

D. Thomas was targeted 6 times last game, most on the team

hasn't Sanders been working exclusively out of the slot?

i wouldn't "avoid" him but with his 3rd-4th round adp there's guys that i'd take over him.

I'm avoiding every broncos player. dont trust manning to stay healthy and effective all year long. 2 seasons in a row he tails off second half. at the ADPs his receivers are going, i rather go with other people.

I'm avoiding every broncos player. dont trust manning to stay healthy and effective all year long. 2 seasons in a row he tails off second half. at the ADPs his receivers are going, i rather go with other people.
Who would you take: Cobb or D. Thomas? Standard league

Last edited:
Probably Cobb because I rather have AR exposure than Peyton. I just don't trust Peyton at this age.
I'm leaning the same way even though Thomas has come up HUGE for me the past 2 years

I'm also starting to waver on Hill. I shouldn't pay attention to pre-season that much but he doesn't look like I'd hoped 

Thomas is going to be far and away their #1 :lol:

I take that story as seriously as what I saw on t.v. with Peyton and D. Thomas laughing and joking with each other

D. Thomas was targeted 6 times last game, most on the team

And Sanders didn't play that game.

Also, why would anybody shy away from him because he's been playing out of the slot? If people think Peyton has lost his arm strength he's going to be throwing it to Sanders in the slot all damn day for big yards after the catch.

Last edited:
And Sanders didn't play that game.

Also, why would anybody shy away from him because he's been playing out of the slot? If people think Peyton has lost his arm strength he's going to be throwing it to Sanders in the slot all damn day for big yards after the catch.
So you're honestly thinking that Peyton and Thomas are beefing and that would cause Sanders to be worth selecting ahead of Thomas?

That was my point

No I'm not advising anyone to draft him over Demaryius, you can get Sanders a round or two after that. But for those that are avoiding him I'm saying it's a mistake cause he's in for another big year barring injury.

No I'm not advising anyone to draft him over Demaryius, you can get Sanders a round or two after that. But for those that are avoiding him I'm saying it's a mistake cause he's in for another big year barring injury.
I see. I think it all depends on who's available round by round. Right now Sanders is 30 ADP, that's pretty early for me but don't get me wrong, if he's there as a WR2 I'd snag him

There are no true locks in fantasy, but Davante Adams is Darn near a lock for a top 15-20 WR now with jordy gone.. Keenan Allen is a mystery..... Adams all day..
I'm leaning the same way but I have also been feeling all summer that Allen will have a bounce back year. He is in shape and focused (P. Rivers mentioned this specifically)

Watched him in his two games so far, nothing jumps out. He's been getting open, though he dropped a big pass in game 2

Back
Top Bottom