OFFICIAL 2015 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

I pay absolutely no attention whatsoever to bye weeks when drafting. Other than that I don't really have any unwritten rules that I live by :lol:.
i just try and avoid having 2 starters at the same position with the same bye week. i.e. my RB 1 and RB 2 off the same week.
I don't even care about that :lol:.

Just say I grab Jamaal Charles at 3-4. If in round 2 I can grab Jeremy Hill but he has the same bye week as Charles, that's not gonna stop me from drafting him. I'm not gonna target another guy who I might not like as much as Hill just because I'll be at a disadvantage for one week if he shares the same bye as my other RB.

That's purely hypothetical. I have no clue if they have the same byes or not but you know what I'm getting at :lol:.

Last edited:
Never let a player being in the same high powered offense keep you from drafting them.

Last year if you had CJ Andersen, Demaryius, Sanders and Julius Thomas you would be fine. Same with Cobb, Jordy and Lacy. This one dude in my league drafted Jarvis Landry over Cooks because he already had Mark Ingram. There were also a **** ton of other better options than Landry, but I'm glad he passed on Cooks in particular :pimp:

i'd take a chance on Ty Montgomery in the later rounds..

Love the idea of him.

Is he their return game now? That can be an added bonus...

@fraij da 5 11?

I'm in big trouble at RB position... What RB's would you give up Antonio Brown for straight up in a 1pt PPR league?

Touuggghh call.

I'd say AP, but you know me. Honestly, maybe not even him. Brown is so damn valuable in PPR. I assume you have a great WR group though to be shopping him.

Charles could be worth it, but makes me nervous. Same with Forte.

I'd feel most confident in your shoes though if it were Bell and if you can ride the first few weeks out.

Last edited:
Love the idea of him.

Is he their return game now? That can be an added bonus...

@fraij da 5 11?
Touuggghh call.

I'd say AP, but you know me. Honestly, maybe not even him. Brown is so damn valuable in PPR. I assume you have a great WR group though to be shopping him.

Charles could be worth it, but makes me nervous. Same with Forte.

I'd feel most confident in your shoes though if it were Bell and if you can ride the first few weeks out.

this is by all means not a knock on you.

it just makes my idea of drafting Antonio first overal seem less crazy lol.

if you're saying you wouldn't trade him for AP who will be going first in most leagues

Last edited:
Maybe.

PPR though....RB's have more durability concerns and this is coming from the non-bias side of me. I think AP is going to tear the league up, but I'd understand the cautious optimism with him.

also...to strum up some good conversation.

what are your guys unwritten draft rules?

like mine are

-dont draft keenan allen

-never draft a Jet or Raider

-never fall in love with a pick you had last year
I don't draft Dolphins
mean.gif

I am reluctant to draft former Alabama RBs after a disaster with Trent Richardson two years ago but I am considering Mark Ingram.

Last edited:
From what I've seen so far....really, really like Ingram and Hyde this year. Not as high on Jeremy Hill.

I'm in big trouble at RB position... What RB's would you give up Antonio Brown for straight up in a 1pt PPR league?
If the owner of Jamaal Charles also has Knile Davis I wouldn't be against trying to swing a deal for those two.

Last edited:
From what I've seen so far....really, really like Ingram and Hyde this year. Not as high on Jeremy Hill.

With you for sure on Hyde.

I go back on forth on Ingram and never gave much of a second thought to Hill either. Something just doesn't sit right with him for fantasy.

i personally never take a qb before i have my team built. rather go with tanny, rivers, etc. after getting the best potential wr's and rb's.
I usually take a QB later too. I'd rather stack up on RB, and WR's. I might go with Teddy Bridgewater this year in like 8th round. I see a lot of improvement this year compared to last. 

i personally never take a qb before i have my team built. rather go with tanny, rivers, etc. after getting the best potential wr's and rb's.
I usually take a QB later too. I'd rather stack up on RB, and WR's. I might go with Teddy Bridgewater this year in like 8th round. I see a lot of improvement this year compared to last. 
Teddy rivers and Stafford are the three I'm targeting. Tanny as well but I'd rather have one of the other two.

like Gordon better in standard leagues than PPR

i think he'll struggle a lil bit in the first month tho...

on draft night we all made fun of my friend who drafted him in the 5th

guess the joke's on us :lol:

Arian might be back for week 2 :pimp:

I will always have a man crush for Arian. He has won me some big bucks , BUT he is a pain in the butt to own. Constant game time decisions and time missed but when healthy HE IS GOLD. You must draft smart withother rb's ready to put in. Preferably Alfred blue because if he plays on a Sunday night or Monday night and is a gametime decision you are in a big pickle what to do on Sunday if you do not have blue

how you guys feel about Melvin Gordon this year?

He looked like **** in the game he played and they've even said he hasn't done much in practice. I'm staying away from drafting him. I don't wanna take that chance that early. Think Woodhead gets a ton of work on passing downs too. Think I remember hearing Gordon was bad at pass blocking.

how you guys feel about Melvin Gordon this year?

He looked like **** in the game he played and they've even said he hasn't done much in practice. I'm staying away from drafting him. I don't wanna take that chance that early. Think Woodhead gets a ton of work on passing downs too. Think I remember hearing Gordon was bad at pass blocking.
blah, oh well im stuck with him. When i drafted it was either him or Doug Martin as my RB3 and i chose him over Martin. After watching Martin last night, **** made me regret my decision. Maybe Gordon will make me feel better this Saturday when he finally plays

Back
Top Bottom