OFFICIAL 2015 LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS OFF-SEASON THREAD (Lance, PP, Josh Smith, Aldrich - pretty nice l

If he could just get a tad bit better at finishing at the rim he'd be a perfect fit with the second unit. He gets to the rim relatively well but throws up wild shots once he's there. He needs to practice that floater every day in the offseason.
This has been his biggest issue since he's been in the league. He gets to the rim with easeeeee. Literally, he has one of the quickest first steps in the league, and has a quick little crossover that he uses and abuses that gets him in the paint.

His finishing when he gets to the rim is so bad though. It's flat out awful. And his shooting form makes it really difficult to get any sort of pull up / midrange game going which is why he shoots that ridiculous floater so much. The floater is a fantastic shot to have, but not to depend on. Any move he makes off the bounce, results in a crazy floater when if his shooting technique was better, could be and should be a pull up jumper. 

He can defend though, and can do some things off the bounce. But he's got to become a better finisher at the rim. Part of it is instead of shooting that damn floater so much, try to finish actually at the rim or find a way to become a more reliable / consistent shooter off the bounce.

Devastating. We got no breaks and it seemed like every bounce and call went they're way. I'm drained man.

That 15-0 run was the difference in this game. Couldn't hit 3's and didn't get ANY of the calls.

It honestly is miraculous we were so close to winning considering we hit 1 ******* 3. Jamal was awful. Must have shot like 4 air balls.

Credit to Pop for using the right gimmicks at the right times. The zone absolutely killed us and hack-a-DJ hurt this time.

Didn't see the first half, but the officiating (which I never bring up) was very much titled towards SAS. Heard that Bill Kennedy and Doc have a long standing beef. That foul on Craw on TP on the baseline was especially bad; still don't know how you get a tech by passing the ref the ball.

With that said, BG was very poor again down the stretch, Craw was getting smoked on defense per usual, Matt Barnes and JJ can't defend without fouling and DJ made a huge mental mistake on the tip. The starters were gassed at the end due to the bench again being a non factor except for BBD.

I really hope we can win this series because its all downhill from here. No assets, picks or young players to develop plus Craw and Barnes are due for a drastic drop off.

Last edited:
1) This is why I keep saying Jamal Crawford is really bad man. He can't defend at all. Fouling, losing sight of his man, falling on the ground, it's incredible to watch honestly. When he isn't making shots he's flat out useless.

2) Blake has got to stop being so damn scary in the 4th. He completely forgets his game and goes straight to trying to throw up caca. 

3) When you win the game on the margins, you'll probably win the game. We didn't come close to winning the 3 point battle, the free throw line battle, the little things. 

4) CP3 played very well to me and was fantastic as far as putting us in a position to win the game at the end. Can't ask for more in all honesty. 

All that being said, the series isn't over. First to four. If this is how we gotta do it, then so be it. 

Didn't see the first half, but the officiating (which I never bring up) was very much titled towards SAS. Heard that Bill Kennedy and Doc have a long standing beef. That foul on Craw on TP on the baseline was especially bad; still don't know how you get a tech by passing the ref the ball.

With that said, BG was very poor again down the stretch, Craw was getting smoked on defense per usual, Matt Barnes and JJ can't defend without fouling and DJ made a huge mental mistake on the tip. The starters were gassed at the end due to the bench again being a non factor except for BBD.

I really hope we can win this series because its all downhill from here. No assets, picks or young players to develop plus Craw and Barnes are due for a drastic drop off.
Agree on everything

No excuses. Clippers have lost cause of the Clippers. Only exception is Game 3. This should've been our closeout game.

That CP tech will be rescinded.

Still believe.... Clips in 7. :smokin

1) This is why I keep saying Jamal Crawford is really bad man. He can't defend at all. Fouling, losing sight of his man, falling on the ground, it's incredible to watch honestly. When he isn't making shots he's flat out useless.

2) Blake has got to stop being so damn scary in the 4th. He completely forgets his game and goes straight to trying to throw up caca. 

3) When you win the game on the margins, you'll probably win the game. We didn't come close to winning the 3 point battle, the free throw line battle, the little things. 

4) CP3 played very well to me and was fantastic as far as putting us in a position to win the game at the end. Can't ask for more in all honesty. 

All that being said, the series isn't over. First to four. If this is how we gotta do it, then so be it. 

Ya'll some real ones in here man.

All of this. It's obvious. Blake was LOCKED IN early today..and lost his focus after missing a few in the 3rd, and getting some bad calls against him. He has to go up strong and stop looking for calls in the 4th...and overall just be more decisive and less predictable. He's a smart player, he will get it. Cp3 played a great game. The motor behind the 7 point comeback with under 3 mins left. Hack a DJ is the reason he had "only" 19pts. He deserves a better GM and bench.

Speaking of bench, I knew that there was no way to replicate the production from game 5, but a 15-0 run is just inexcusable. You have a chance to just hold on to a lead for a few minutes, bend but don't brake. Maybe give up a 5 point differential. But to roll out there and let the Spurs bench do that in just about 3 minutes is ridiculous. Bench owes the starters an apology and need to come out and play with some heart next game. Also, Clips can't keep letting patty mills get open on elevator screens. Austin was losing focus and getting KILLED on those screens.

My hate for the way Jamal Crawford plays basketball is well documented in here. Like you said, he brings absolutely nothing to the table. Even when his shots are falling, I cringe because I know they aren't good shots and it only encourages him to take more of them...and even worse quality shots if that's even possible. Not to mention he might be the worst defender at his position in the L. He can't get to the line anymore, insists on shooting moving jumpers and tough floaters that are too long....and he falls down chasing the 4 point play. He's at his best when he's driving right going off the glass or at the end of the shot clock. I do not want him shooting with more than 10 secs on the shot clock unless he's wide open. If he can get 16 or 17 on 5-12 with a one or more 3's consider that a great game for him.

Still Clips in 7

Last edited:
Not that it excuses his poor play in the 4th completely, but I think fatigue was a major issue for Blake in the second half. He was huffing and puffing the whole second half it seemed. I don't know its something that can be fixed since we don't have anyone who can competently back him up. He also had some plain bad luck in the second half. A few balls that took unfortunate bounces and -- obviously - some calls that could've gone his way and didn't. He'll be all right though.

And on hack-a-DJ, in some ways I give Doc credit for sticking with DJ once the "strategy" starts, but it went on way too long last night. Even if DJ is making most of his FTs, we can't go five minutes or 10 possessions without Blake, CP or JJ getting a shot on offense. With Big Baby playing as well as he has been, Doc needs to have a quicker hook for DJ once the fouling BS starts.

Finally, offensive rebounds have killed us all series.

Not that it excuses his poor play in the 4th completely, but I think fatigue was a major issue for Blake in the second half. He was huffing and puffing the whole second half it seemed. I don't know its something that can be fixed since we don't have anyone who can competently back him up. He also had some plain bad luck in the second half. A few balls that took unfortunate bounces and -- obviously - some calls that could've gone his way and didn't. He'll be all right though.

And on hack-a-DJ, in some ways I give Doc credit for sticking with DJ once the "strategy" starts, but it went on way too long last night. Even if DJ is making most of his FTs, we can't go five minutes or 10 possessions without Blake, CP or JJ getting a shot on offense. With Big Baby playing as well as he has been, Doc needs to have a quicker hook for DJ once the fouling BS starts.

Finally, offensive rebounds have killed us all series.
MAJOR. He was absolutely tired last night for sure. I don't know how apparent it was on TV but it was for sure apparent in person. Thought I was the only one who noticed it tbh

All the starters were gassed, but BG stood out the most.

Not running back on defense, walking across half-court on offense, failing to the ground and not getting up, etc. Don't really blame him tho, can't expect players to execute down the stretch when they are tired because of the worthless bench.

Alot of the issues that keep popping up are on BOTH Coach Doc and GM Doc. The players deserve better man.

All the starters were gassed, but BG stood out the most.

Not running back on defense, walking across half-court on offense, failing to the ground and not getting up, etc. Don't really blame him tho, can't expect players to execute down the stretch when they are tired because of the worthless bench.

Alot of the issues that keep popping up are on BOTH Coach Doc and GM Doc. The players deserve better man.

Of all the Docs recent moves, I actually liked the Spencer Hawes signing. So he has been by far the biggest disappointment. If he could even give us 5-7 decent minutes in this series, it would be such a benefit. But he's been downright awful ever since Blake came back from his injury and he went back to the bench. Never figured he'd be getting DNP-CDs in the playoffs.

Of all the Docs recent moves, I actually liked the Spencer Hawes signing. So he has been by far the biggest disappointment. If he could even give us 5-7 decent minutes in this series, it would be such a benefit. But he's been downright awful ever since Blake came back from his injury and he went back to the bench. Never figured he'd be getting DNP-CDs in the playoffs.

I did too, but here's an example of what I'm alluding to about the blame being at his feet as both GM and Coach.

GM Doc sees Hawes as a player who can strectch the floor, can play with both BG and DJ and is willing to come below market value. Great, we all realize this may be a fit and I have no issues up until this point. But then GM Doc not understanding the salary cap, hard-caps us with the signing, which then moves him to trade Dudley at his low point + a 1st rd pick so he can fill out the roster with Udoh and CDR, yes Udoh and CDR.

Was Hawes, Udoh and CDR worth Dudley (who could only get better after being injured) + a 1st? (supposely a 1st would have netted us W Chandler) Nah, not for a 3rd big, two min players and less flexability going foward.

Ok GM mistakes aside, now it's on the coach to integreate Hawes so he can play to his strengths. Nope, he just has him stand at the top of the 3pt line not realizing that a slow-footed dude with a slow release and a good post game is probably not best suited to be strickly a strecth big.

Hawes, Farmar, CDR and Dudley all were decent to good players before coming here and they all were useless in their time here and I don't think it's just a coincedence. When does the coach take responsibility for not playing the plays HE acquired in a way that best suits their games and the team?

You just can't roll out the ball for role players and say "go play" like you can stars. You have to activley create a role they can excel in.

Last edited:
We can blame Doc all we want but Blake lost game 2 and DJ lost game 5.

We were in a position to win both games even with the awful roster. I don't think Doc asked for 2 boneheaded plays.

We could and should have one this series. Everyboy should take the blame.

One team is extremely poised during pressure and one team can't seem to think straight. Let's take it in 7 doe :pimp:

Even if DJ didn't goal tend that ball and it went in, we would've been up 1 with like 5 seconds left. The way things were going, the Spurs probably would have scored anyway.

This might be the most impressive win I've ever seen by us. I fully expected a blowout tonight. We came out, went down double digits and came the **** back. On the road. Against the defending champs. With an awful first half by CP3.

Unreal.

We need to do this **** one more MFing time on Saturday. LET'S ******* GO!!!!!!!!!!

This might be the most impressive win I've ever seen by us. I fully expected a blowout tonight. We came out, went down double digits and came the **** back. On the road. Against the defending champs. With an awful first half by CP3.

Unreal.

We need to do this **** one more MFing time on Saturday. LET'S ******* GO!!!!!!!!!!

LET'S GGGGGGOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unreal.

Echo the same sentiments man. Have never been more proud of this group man . Incredible. I am so damn hyped right now. One more time. 

Back
Top Bottom