OFFICIAL 2015 LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS OFF-SEASON THREAD (Lance, PP, Josh Smith, Aldrich - pretty nice l

Barnes is a solid back-up SF. The problem is that he's been our starter for the past 2 years. I blame Doc more for that than Matt.
Was just talking to my bro about this. Would have loved for him to come off the bench for us. From a bench perspective, he's an awesome 3 and D guy. And even last year as a starter, 10 a game on almost 40% from 3 is really good. 

That being said, this was an upgrade that had to be made and the hope is that, as essential alluded to, last year was sort of an outlier, and he can return to that versatile 2 way player that can guard multiple positions.

It's funny, I'm the one usually giving GM Doc ****, but most Clipper fans are not happy with him right now 
laugh.gif
 I'm just proud that he didn't give up a pick.

Doc getting tired of Barnes' behavior, yet trades for Lance is hysterical though 
roll.gif

It's funny, I'm the one usually giving GM Doc ****, but most Clipper fans are not happy with him right now 
laugh.gif
 I'm just proud that he didn't give up a pick.

Doc getting tired of Barnes' behavior, yet trades for Lance is hysterical though 
roll.gif
Doc didn't like Barnes behavior for real?

Doc didn't like Barnes behavior for real?
From the ESPN article

"Barnes' on-court temper and penchant for getting fined, however, constantly irked head coach and president of basketball operations Doc Rivers, who has been looking to deal Barnes for about two years."

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...-get-lance-stephenson-trade-charlotte-hornets

Doc has a really bad habit of talking down / leaking negative things about players after he gets rid of them, does it all in the name of the "having good guys in the locker room". Dudley, CDR, Farmar, and now Matt.

Los Angeles Clippers ‏@clippersbuzztap · 7h7 hours ago
http://bleacherreport.com >> 5 Realistic Targets for Los Angeles Clippers to Chase in 2015 NBA Free Agency http://buzztap.com/-wpxlIT

Brandon Bass would be nice. Always liked him as a back up big.

And I kind of agree with Doc about some of Barnes' shenanigans. He made of a lot of untimely, dumb fouls this season. And got a lot of unnecessary techs. Some of it is the refs picking on him, but he made his own bed as far as that goes. Otherwise though, I got the impression he's a good locker room guy. All the other players seem to like him.

Hey all,

Rarely poke my head in S&T but this Stephenson trade has persuaded me to do so. I think it's a low risk trade as there's a team option for the 16-17 season and we got rid of that bad Hawes contract. Just have to hope that he can produce this year. If not, we can cut bait and move on.

Los Angeles Clippers ‏@LAClippers · 8h8 hours ago
Bold and powerful. The next era of Clippers basketball is coming. #GearUpLA

:nerd:

I think this means our hideous new unis are going to become official soon. :smh:

View media item 1585670

Last edited:
we need another hashtag to go along with it and how much we dont want to gear up. I'm actually not gonna buy anything until Nike takes over the NBA contract anyhow...

Los Angeles Clippers ‏@LAClippers · 8h8 hours ago
Bold and powerful. The next era of Clippers basketball is coming. #GearUpLA

:nerd:

I think this means our hideous new unis are going to become official soon. :smh:

View media item 1585670

Yup. Last friday at staples we got to see the jerseys in person and in weds and thurs the clippers representatives will be all over la debuting the new logo and what not.

I dont think the jerseys look that bad personally

Last edited:
I'm sure I'll get used to the new stuff and think it's fine, but I'll always feel they could have come up with something better and more creative. Oh well. If we get to the WCF or further in the new unis, I'll probably come to love them

Idk what they were thinking with the red one but I really like the white one. I think the old jersey and logo were way better tho.

Logo is warmed up trash.

After reading more about the Lance trade, I like it.

Lance has 1 year guaranteed, he's gonna ball out cause he wants a max. I would have him coming off the bench though and run that unit.

I hated Hawes anyway, ******* weak Hybrid

Apparently, people from the team are going to be handing out ts with the new logo all around LA today. Ralph and Doc are going to be at Pink's hot dogs later today.

Apparently, people from the team are going to be handing out ts with the new logo all around LA today. Ralph and Doc are going to be at Pink's hot dogs later today.
Yeah, Ballmer and Cat Mobley are going to be in DTLA.

Only way I'll own anything with the new logos is if I get a free t-shirt today 
laugh.gif

They look like the logo for detergent or bleach from a CPG company. 

The white jerseys are truly bad.

Last edited:
I think the thing that bugs me the most to that we paid a design firm big money to come up with this stuff when there's better designs just floating around on the Net.

Clips eying Wilson Chandler. He's on my favorite team (Nuggets) and if there was somewhere id like to see him go, it's to LAC. He'd fit perfectly.

From a nuggets perspective...we'd take Crawford off the hands...waive him. Only owe him the 1.5mil and get cap relief. Id love a pick and cash back as well lol.

Think this works out well for both teams IMO.

I've had my eye on Chandler for a while. I'd prefer him to Pierce, TBH. If we could somehow wind up with both, even better.

Back
Top Bottom