OFFICIAL 2015 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD (NBA FINALS SET; GSW V. CLE - (But we have a whole week before the

What Team is Going to Win the Finals?

• Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors

• I Can't Decide

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pelicans gonna shock the world?

549375_1088271657868024_8660336477928904675_n.jpg

Last edited:
Jump shooting and 3s will never win the finals. Post play, rebounding and defense will always triumph

Charles Barkely is on NT
nerd.gif
just saw the grantland basketball hour today .... jalen was talking about that. the heat and spurs were mentioned but said they ran inside out. which made sense.,

nothing on the 2k11 mavs though .... were they considered a jump shooting team??? i think they were ...

either way i just cant picture the warriors winning a chip..... 

Last edited:
Speights had a career year

I am going to call bull **** on this.

Link?

I am only aware of one knucklehed Warrior fan who thinks Lee is better than the worst player on the Warriors roster. "Blasted for 10 pages by numbnut GSW groupies" is at best an extreme exaggeration...and more than likely an outright lie.

I'm saying.

But my favorite part was "Mo Speights" and "good ball" used in the same sentence.

why you following me?

the Warriors aren't your normal jump shooting team.

there hasn't been a team this efficent on offense with an elite defense since the '96 Bulls. just nasty :x

I wouldn't say the Heat and Spurs were exclusive jump shooting teams.

They had a presence to get points in the paint

The Mavericks were more of jump shooting team but Dirk got a ton of points in or around the paint

I hear the "the last 4 championships were won by jumpshooting teams" argument a lot, but do you guys really view Miami and San Antonio in the same light as this Warriors team?

When looking at the Spurs, you had a team that was capable of playing half court and a true inside presence in Duncan. When you look at Miami, they had the most dominant player in the world with arguably their 2nd best player at the time being one of the best cutters in the league. You can easily argue that their roster was not built anything like Golden State. Not to mention, the pace Golden State plays at is on another level compared to those teams. You're not only looking at a jump shooting team, but historically one of the fastest teams in the league.

It will really be interesting to see how GSW pushes their pace in the playoffs against an elite defensive team. That's why I'm pretty excited about a possible 2nd round matchup with them. Since those regular season games were not a good measuring stick considering injuries played big parts in each of those games, I would really like to see a zoned in Memphis team defensively (that will have a whole series to gameplan) vs an elite offensive team like Golden State.

The Mavericks were more of jump shooting team but Dirk got a ton of points in or around the paint
Are there stats of where Dirk scored from? That year Dallas ranked 2nd to last in points in the paint

This year the Warriors are 2nd only to the Grizzlies in points in the paint

the Warriors aren't your normal jump shooting team.

there hasn't been a team this efficent on offense with an elite defense since the '96 Bulls. just nasty :x

I'm saying. They have elite D and some maybe a couple outside shooters ever. Saying they can't win the title because they shoot a lot of jumpers is outdated thinking. And I hate the ******* Warriors.

GSW is an interesting team. I'll say that much.

I just think comparing teams like Miami and San Antonio is not the best way to critique their playoff success. When I think of that GSW team on offense, I'm thinking of the old Suns w/ Nash from an offensive standpoint.

GSW is an interesting team. I'll say that much.

I just think comparing teams like Miami and San Antonio is not the best way to critique their playoff success. When I think of that GSW team on offense, I'm thinking of the old Suns w/ Nash from an offensive standpoint.
Well the difference is Golden State's defense. I don't think offense or offensive style weighs more in this instance

I think you're emphasizing offense a bit much here. There really is ZERO reason to bring up the Suns because they weren't what the Warriors are defensively 

Plus, the Warriors are 2nd in points in the paint anyway

Last edited:
Klay and Steph are more dangerous from outside
Well the difference is Golden State's defense. I don't think offense or offensive style weighs more in this instance

I think you're emphasizing offense a bit much here. There really is ZERO reason to bring up the Suns because they weren't what the Warriors are defensively 

All this. But nevertheless, **** the Warriors

That's why I said from an offensive standpoint :lol: . I know Phoenix defense was not on the level of GSW, but GSW winning ball games will come down to their offense and not their defense. If they play a team like Memphis who will more than likely struggle offensively, but also hold GSW to a game in the low 90's....do you think their offense will be much more important? That's what will set them apart from a team like Memphis because you could see the defense between the two teams are tick for tack.

GSW blow teams out because of their high powered offense tagged along with their elite defense. If that high powered offense stops (which is not as important according to you), I will be interested to see how they win their ball games. Do I think they can win games when they are not having their way offensively? No, especially if they are playing a team that doesn't rely on their offense to win games.

Last edited:

Are there stats of where Dirk scored from? That year Dallas ranked 2nd to last in points in the paint

This year the Warriors are 2nd only to the Grizzlies in points in the paint

I cant transfer the heat map

Dirk shot 262 shots from 16 ft and closer to 134 shots from 16 ft and further during the 2011 NBA playoffs

Last edited:
That's why I said from an offensive standpoint
laugh.gif
. I know Phoenix defense was not on the level of GSW, but GSW winning ball games will come down to their offense and not their defense. If they play a team like Memphis who will more than likely struggle offensively, but also hold GSW to a game in the low 90's....do you think their offense will be much more important? That's what will set them apart from a team like Memphis because you could see the defense between the two teams are tick for tack.

GSW blow teams out because of their high powered offense tagged along with their elite defense. If that high powered offense stops (which is not as important), I will be interested to see how they win their ball games.
Right, but I'm saying to even put the Suns in the same sentence is silly because there are two sides to the game. "Winning games will come down to their offense and not their defense", OK? Their offense has been better than anyone else's in the league, and they are 2nd in scoring in the paint. What's the problem with their offense exactly? 
laugh.gif

They've blown out Memphis this year and it didn't seem like they struggled against them so it's not like Memphis is their kryptonite or something. It would be a great matchup 

Warriors over the Pelicans
Rockets over the Mavs
Clippers over the Spurs
Grizzlies over the Blazers

Hawks over the Nets
Cavs over the Celtics
Bulls over the Bucks
Raptors over the Wizards

Warriors over the Grizzlies
Clippers over the Rockets

Bulls over the Cavs
Hawks over the Raptors

Warriors over the Clippers
Bulls over the Hawks

Warriors over the Bulls
I just have a difficult time believing an out of shape, out of rhythm D. Rose can help Chicago beat Cleveland 4 different times.

And he's gonna be critical because Jimmy won't be able to slow down LeBron AND be their best offensive player.

Pau's been great, but he's been shrinking in the playoffs for the past 4 years now. Maybe it'll be different this time, but with Jimmy having to defend LeBron, Chicago is gonna need Pau's offense just as much as the Lakers did. I just don't see it.

As far LAC over SAS, Clippers lack depth (Jamal Crawford has been downright terrible since returning. Similar to Rose, he's out of shape, out of rhythm. And he's the only heavy hitter they have off the bench.)

The lack of depth places more stress on the starters, and SAS can slow down Paul with the length of Green & Leonard. I just don't see LAC beating the Spurs 4 times.

Right, but I'm saying to even put the Suns in the same sentence is silly because there are two sides to the game. "Winning games will come down to their offense and not their defense", OK? Their offense has been better than anyone else's in the league, and they are 2nd in scoring in the paint. What's the problem with their offense exactly? :lol:

They've blown out Memphis this year and it didn't seem like they struggled against them so it's not like Memphis is their kryptonite or something. It would be a great matchup 

I don't think you quite understand what I'm saying . I didn't say anything was wrong with their offense. :lol: . My question is what happens when they are in the playoffs and meet a team where their offense gets toned down and it becomes more of a defensive battle? Looking at their record, you rarely saw them in the last 3 months get knocked in a mouth by a contending team. San Antonio did it. They out hustled them, toned their offense down and never looked back. I want to know how GSW responds in a defensive series. That's all.

And trying to compare these games where they blew Memphis out and looking at being locked in a playoff series is a lot different :lol: . For instance, you didn't hear anyone talk about TA being able to lock up Durant during the season last year. You really never heard it all. But, look at how effective he was against him last year in the playoffs? When you can sit these guys down and study tape on a team for days knowing that's your matchup for at least 4 games straight, A WHOLE LOT changes.

GSW blew Memphis out when Memphis played 15 games in 24 days and during a stretch Memphis wasn't playing well. Nice. They also blew them out when Memphis was without their starting backcourt. Good job. None of that matters when both teams are locked up in a series. I just think it would make one hell of a series, though.

Last edited:
If the Clippers didn't have home court I would be confident in the Spurs if my life was on the line. Since that isn't the case, it's about as 50/50 as it can get

Clippers do have a thin bench and Jamal is barely coming back, valid points. Their starters are playing so well though, and they were able to split the season series. Can't wait to see the battle of the big men

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom