OFFICIAL 2015 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD (NBA FINALS SET; GSW V. CLE - (But we have a whole week before the

What Team is Going to Win the Finals?

• Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors

• I Can't Decide

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
so when you win, you have to be impressive? You have to handle the competition mightily? ugly, grind it out wins, aren't still wins? oh.

I'm saying. A team gets through a series, they get through the series. How they did it is often not predictive of how they'll fare in the next series. I can't think of plenty of examples of when teams struggled to advance in one round and then ended up rolling in the next round. Think about the Spurs struggling to get by the Mavs last year in the first round and then basically cruising to the championship. A lot of his has to do with match-ups and health. Maybe the Cavs will beat the Hawks, but writing off the Hawks because they "struggled" in their first two series is silly.

Hawks and Cavs both played 1 good team and 1 bad team

Cavs played better against both then the Hawks did against both

teams get style points now? :lol:
survive and advance

it's all about the W
you can get blowed out in three gms and win the other four by 1pt. as long as you win

im not saying the hawks will win, but to say they dont belong with the cavs or are frauds is hysterical

Last edited:
fam just gassed up the Lebron Slander Silverado. Got the Kyrie Hate Uhaul attachment in the back as well.

Im just saying it's all about how you been playing lately, and if it hasnt been up to par you will be exposed(Hawks)

Ask Pop its not about Wins or Loses its about how the team is playing/performing

We can write the hawks off all we want but kyrie better get healthy and fast. Does Bron have to guard milsap?

Wizards lost get over it man. The Celtics should've never been in the playoffs I expected blow outs honestly. The hawks beat the wizards who had the size advantage and the great overrated john wall.

Houston is definitely the underdog in this series. However, nobody expected Houston to be here, so would anybody be shocked if it was a sweep? A gentleman's sweep, GSW in 5? Most of the basketball world got GSW advancing, pretty easily, actually. Houston can play with no pressure, and they're playing with house money. Pressure is on GSW, really. If Houston flames out, everybody just shrugs. If GSW doesn't advance, there's no other way to view it then as a failed season for GSW.

Houston just doesn't match up well vs LAC. Houston and LAC fans know this, and that's what we got last series. Clippers dominating for the most part, but somehow Houston winning out. On the other hand, GSW is a good match up for Houston. Yes, Houston was 0-4 vs the Warriors in the regular season, but in those 4 games, Bev, Jones, Howard, Smith and Brewer were missing games in some fashion or another. Outside of this year, Houston has always fared well vs GSW.

Don't get me wrong, GSW has been dominant, and their home record has been amazing, but I don't think this series is going to be a walk in the park for the Dubs. Different Rockets team than the Warriors have faced this year, and how many Dwight post ups can you recall the past 3 games? This is a different Rockets squad offensively and defensively, as we've seen the past 3 games. Plus we've seen it in sports before. A team gets hot in the playoffs and manages to do things, unexpected of them. The Rockets are hot.

Also, as a Rockets fan, it's de ja vu. In '95 Houston came back from being down 3-1 and then went on the road to face the league's best team with the reigning MVP in the WCF, Admiral and the Spurs. Here we are in '15 on the road to face the league's best team with the reigning MVP.

Dubs in at least 6 games. Or 7.

Or Houston. In 7.

Last edited:
It's no kool aid, you guys are just underselling the Hawks for not sweeping both the Nets and Wiz who were bad matchups for them to begin with.

The problem is all you guys put your faith in my Bulls vs the Cavs and now want to run with the "if the Bulls couldn't do it no one can" narrative.

View media item 1540323

Neither teams were mentioned as bad matchups, mostly everyone here predicted 4 or 5 games for the Hawks in both series

And yea the Bulls are the only other contender so if they couldnt pull it out Hawks cant feel free to quote me if the Hawks win

Plenty of us in here thought BK could actually beat the Hawks, even Ryan complained about them not being a "legit 8th seed" talent wise.

I had the Wiz pushing the Hawks to 7, just like I had the Wiz sweeping the Raps.

The Wiz and Nets opposed size issues for the Hawks, the Cavs don't especially with Love out.

bron said the other day it doesnt matter who he guards, that he can guard all 5 positions. thats bs though. i've watched him get bodied by anybody bigger than a sf

How have the Hawks been exposed if they made it to the next round though?
laugh.gif
  exposed 

While not exposed, I don't think they're nearly as good as their 60 regular season wins led people to believe.

Brooklyn was an actual test for them...and the Wall's broken wrist changed the entire landscape of that series. They're beatable....no where near being on the Warriors level of play. Now, on the other hand, Cleveland is limping badly. No Love, and who knows how Kyrie will play. I think it's the Hawks series to lose. They've been fortunate to have the "breaks" (no pun) go their way in the postseason.

Wizards lost get over it man. The Celtics should've never been in the playoffs I expected blow outs honestly. The hawks beat the wizards who had the size advantage and the great overrated john wall.

Whose man is this? :lol:

Naw im done talking tho just want the games to come

While not exposed, I don't think they're nearly as good as their 60 regular season wins led people to believe.

Brooklyn was an actual test for them...and the Wall's broken wrist changed the entire landscape of that series. They're beatable....no where near being on the Warriors level of play. Now, on the other hand, Cleveland is limping badly. No Love, and who knows how Kyrie will play. I think it's the Hawks series to lose. They've been fortunate to have the "breaks" (no pun) go their way in the postseason.
That's an explanation I can agree with. That makes sense.

If someone is gonna say they were "exposed" though, they should've lost in the last round.

It's no kool aid, you guys are just underselling the Hawks for not sweeping both the Nets and Wiz who were bad matchups for them to begin with.

The problem is all you guys put your faith in my Bulls vs the Cavs and now want to run with the "if the Bulls couldn't do it no one can" narrative.

View media item 1540323

Neither teams were mentioned as bad matchups, mostly everyone here predicted 4 or 5 games for the Hawks in both series

And yea the Bulls are the only other contender so if they couldnt pull it out Hawks cant feel free to quote me if the Hawks win

Plenty of us in here thought BK could actually beat the Hawks, even Ryan complained about them not being a "legit 8th seed" talent wise.

I had the Wiz pushing the Hawks to 7, just like I had the Wiz sweeping the Raps.

The Wiz and Nets opposed size issues for the Hawks, the Cavs don't especially with Love out.

We thought BK could win cause we were saying the Hawks sucked not that BK was good

Look at you quoting Ryan like a credible source :lol: :stoneface: you should be ashamed B

Edit: Go back to that series and see how many were saying oh brooklyn is actually balling, or were they saying Atl is collapsing

Last edited:
what happened to kyrie? i thought they were just being safe since deladova had the gm in control. he is actually being on the injury report?

reporter asking kyrie if lebron is a father figure :lol:

Hawks rim protection is really sub par, Lebron could have a field day on them. Carrol is really the only option they have to throw on him and he's no Jimmy Butler

But on the other end Hawks should be able to get what they want on offense, I feel like Korver is due at some point to get hot.

Mozgov and Thompson will need to have their defensive rotations be on point

The X factor will be how effective can Kyrie be, because in this series Cleveland will need to put up 95-100 to win these games and he's going to need to win his match up.

I still like Cavs in 6

View media item 1540323

We thought BK could win cause we were saying the Hawks sucked not that BK was good

Look at you quoting Ryan like a credible source :lol: :stoneface: you should be ashamed B

Edit: Go back to that series and see how many were saying oh brooklyn is actually balling, or were they saying Atl is collapsing

Ryan is a credible source when it comes to the Hawks, go take a look in the Hawks thread, you would think he worked for the team :lol:

We just gonna have to agree to disagree then fam, clearly we don't see the same vision when it comes to ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom