Official 2015 New York Giants Thread VOL: Odell Beckham > *

The whole CBS panel picked WSH except for Bill Cowher :smokin

Giants defense was relentless. Kirk might have had a bad game but he was under a lot of pressure tonight. 3 of those picks, he had someone in his face. Our defense has been solid overall in the last three games.

I don't know if it's the change in players on our O line or if they're just learning each other but we ran the ball and protected Eli the whole game. Everyone said we couldn't do it against that WSH defense.

Eli was looking good. That INT shouldn't have been an INT but doesn't even matter.

What a ******* game by the New York Giants

The whole CBS panel picked WSH except for Bill Cowher :smokin

Giants defense was relentless. Kirk might have had a bad game but he was under a lot of pressure tonight. 3 of those picks, he had someone in his face. Our defense has been solid overall in the last three games.

I don't know if it's the change in players on our O line or if they're just learning each other but we ran the ball and protected Eli the whole game. Everyone said we couldn't do it against that WSH defense.

Eli was looking good. That INT shouldn't have been an INT but doesn't even matter.

What a ******* game by the New York Giants

Foreshadowing? Did you go last night?

Great game all around. Every where. Got Donnell on my FF too. :smokin

Last edited:
Nah, I didn't go. I'm trying to take a break from going to games. It's a terrible feeling when you spend $300-$500 and you watch your team lose. Seen the Knicks get washed by the Wizards last year. Watched the Yankees lose twice to Bal this year. I'm taking a very long break from going to games.

******** offense looked great the last two weeks and the Giants defense brought pressure all game and made Cousins uncomfortable. Kirk wasn't even touched the last two games, and this was completely different result, great game plan defensively. DRC made D-Jax irrelevant.

- As for the offense, Eli is in a zone to start the season. My favorite pass had to be that floater to Randle on the left side that landed perfectly in his hands.

- Best I've seen Randle look in his career yesterday, ran sharp routes and even had a nice sideline catch.

- Herzlick is awful, Beason needs to come back asap.

- Still upset over the Cards loss, they're a tough team and they moved the ball on them with ease. Just have to improve on the turnovers department.

Last edited:
Still convinced that INT was still a TD, he took 2-3 steps. Meriweather is such a douche, dudes does nothing but launch himself. He launched himself at Jennings a few times and went for the knee on Donnell. :rolleyes

I think it was a TD. Both his feet were down and he turned. No idea how it's a pick.

"didn't complete the football play"

Catches the ball, both feet down, holds the ball.....not even debatable. Idiotic call.

I remember, similar thing happened to the Ravens vs Pats in AFC championship game a couple years ago.

And that "defenseless receiver" call was BS too. Dude caught ball, made football move, and lowered his head. They are calling that on all big hits. These stupid calls are all a product of Roger Goodell. The worst commissioner in all of sports...

Defenseless receiver call is nonsense esp when the offensive player lowers his head, Rolle went low to AVOID going high.

It was awful during the Steelers/Ravens game a few weeks ago, safeties come in to hit hard to knock the ball out, you can't even do that anymore.

Defenseless receiver call is nonsense esp when the offensive player lowers his head, Rolle went low to AVOID going high.

It was awful during the Steelers/Ravens game a few weeks ago, safeties come in to hit hard to knock the ball out, you can't even do that anymore.

I think it was a total knee jerk reaction to the injured player. How can you be "defenseless" if you caught the ball?

Whatever, though. We played great all around. I dont think we played a game like that in close to 2 years.

Absolute horse **** call on the goal line the previous play, instead of a TD counts as an INT.

Catches ball, takes to steps in the endzone. The **** else you supposed to do.
Reminds me when Jeremy Shockey when he played for the Giants caught a catch in the endzone, gets popped, and drops the ball.

Refs called it a TD though.

I'll always have concern no matter the opponent, but with divisional games coming up (which the team had a hard time winning last year), Giants need to take care of business at home next week.

Hopefully Beckham will be ready to go, it will only help Cruz if he pans out to be that immediate impact player out there.

I still get worried about turnovers, it's been a two year problem, a few weeks won't erase that.

Last edited:
I don't appreciate Eli going off like this when my opponent is starting him since Peyton is on his bye week

whats the name of the team? in my only league i'm in i drafted peyton and eli, got 58 points with eli cruz brown and jennings this week. and i benched giants D, ugh

WEST COAST!!!

so glad killdrive is gone, this is how an offense should look. OBJ will make this offense so much better even if he only gets a few catches a game just his speed to stretch the feld will open things for cruz and others.

Last edited:
Different years diff teams, but still....two points was dope :pimp:

As long as Eli has time in the pocket, he is capable of making big plays. Dude is a proven winner, yet people still doubt his ability to make plays as if he forgot how to play football. :lol:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...i-manning-upright-article-1.1954641?cid=bitly

NY Giants offensive line allowing Eli Manning to excel

Given plenty of time to throw, he completed an astounding 73.1% of his passes (49 of 67) for 531 yards, with six touchdowns and one interception. His passer rating in those two wins rose to 119.9.

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Friday, September 26, 2014, 10:18 PM A A A

Eli Manning is getting plenty of time to throw the ball, and the results are impressive.

Eli Manning is getting plenty of time to throw the ball, and the results are impressive.
Ben McAdoo deserves a ton of credit for what he’s done with the Giants’ offense, but Big Blue’s new offensive coordinator can’t have all the credit, no matter how magical his touch appears to be. Neither can Eli Manning, although he deserves plenty of praise since he’s suddenly playing as well as he has in years.

The truth is, there has always been a simple formula for the success of the Giants’ offense, ever since Manning really arrived as a star late in the 2007 season:

Give Manning time to throw the football, and more often than not he’ll put on a show.

“We know he can pass the ball,” said left tackle Will Beatty. “We give him a pocket, he’s going to show off. So it’s our job as an O-line to give him that space to work and he’s going make the plays.”

It really is that simple, and it always has been. That was the single biggest reason that last year’s offense was “broken.” And that was the root of all the concerns this summer, when Manning looked terrible and the offense could barely move. He was battered last season. He was running for his life all summer long. But the last two weeks he’s barely faced any pressure at all. “I think there are a couple of factors,” Tom Coughlin said. “We played this (offensive line) together for a couple of weeks, and they experienced a little bit of success a week ago. That really did a lot for them. Once that starts to develop, that helps an awful lot.”

It’s just remarkable that the line developed so quickly. In Week 1 in Detroit, it was as bad as it had been all summer. The Lions battered Manning, hitting him nine times and sacking him twice. It was better in Week 2 — when receivers drops were the main source of the Giants’ problems — but the pressure was still there. In the first two games — both losses — Manning took 11 hits and four sacks. His completion percentage was 61.1 (44 of 72), he threw four INTs and had a passer rating of 69.2.

In the last two games, though, Manning has been virtually untouched — hit and sacked just twice. Given plenty of time to throw, he completed an astounding 73.1% of his passes (49 of 67) for 531 yards, with six touchdowns and one interception. His passer rating in those two wins rose to 119.9.

There’s a lot that went into that success. His receivers stopped dropping balls (mostly). Larry Donnell emerged at tight end. The running game got going. And McAdoo’s up-tempo offense and short, quick passing attack have certainly helped keep the pass rush at bay. But if the Giants’ offensive line hadn’t turned the likes of Houston’s J.J. Watt and Washington’s Brian Orakpo into virtual non-factors, the success wouldn’t have happened.

Give Manning time and he’ll perform. That’s why Victor Cruz said, “Our offensive line is definitely our most unheralded group.”

“It’s huge,” Cruz added. “The key obviously to getting everything going is keeping Eli upright and keeping him in a position where he can deliver the ball to his playmakers and have us do the rest.”

The rebuilding of the line was the Giants’ top offseason priority, as co-owner John Mara stated at the end of last season, but their plan didn’t start out well. They were caught a little off guard by the retirement of veteran guard Chris Snee right before training camp. Then they were hurt by the loss of guard Geoff Schwartz (on injured reserve until at least Week 9 with a toe injury), who was their most expensive free agent lineman. They also lost guard Brandon Mosley for a few weeks to a back injury.

That left them to patch things together with three players recovering from injuries (Beatty, center J.D. Walton, guard John Jerry) and a rookie (guard Weston Richburg), and for a while it looked like exactly that — something that was thrown together. But behind the scenes, there was progress. Said Cruz: “It was just a matter of when it was going to click.”

Once it did, the line knew the entire offense would follow suit, because that’s the way it’s always happened. Manning put on a dazzling display in Washington, completing 18 of his first 20 passes (the two incompletions were drops) while there was rarely a pass rusher near him. When that happens, his performance shouldn’t be a surprise.

“I mean, you know what he can do,” Beatty said. “He’s going to go out there and make you look good. He’s going to complete passes. And as an offensive line we know that. So we have that confidence that no matter who they put in front of us, if we block them Eli’s going to make us look good.”

Very true...different spots/personnel..I remember nicks broke that gm open...

I also remember that jason Snelling game.

Anyways..it's a bit dangerous. 10 days to prep...and at home...for some stupid reason..and its been this way for as long as I can remember..we lay our biggest eggs at home/make more mistakes...like botching snaps/fumbling in the red zone, etc. If we can catch atl off a w...I like our chances...

Ndamukong Suh eyeing NY as a possible destination? That'll be crazy!

He says he prefers to go to NY to play after his contract is up at the end of this year.

I can see him going to the Giants, because the Jets are pretty loaded in the front 7 department. Although, the Jets GM has caught fire for not making many moves.

It'll be interesting where he ends up. I don't think Suh wants to stay in the NFC though.

Back
Top Bottom