Official 2015 NFL Draft Thread

To move from pick 6 to number 2, Washington gave up 3 First rounders and a second. From 20 to number 1 or 2 would be an unprecedented. Eagles ain't moving up .

trades have gotten a little less extreme more recently (but there wasn't the QB factor).. But there is no exact example of a jump that big

In 2013 draft, miami moved up to the 3rd pick with the 12th pick and a 2nd (42nd pick)

Also, Rams moved up to the 8th pick (also got a 3rd back, 71st pick) using the 16th pick along with their 2nd, 3rd and 7th round picks

And San Fran traded the 31st pick and a 3rd to move up to the 18th pick

But then you have buffalp trading a future first to move up for watkins last year.. But again that's buffalo

Gurley, Mike Davis and Duke all comin out.

RB class is going to be outstanding.

Going need duke to fall to the Eagles in the 3rd..

Also not a huge gurley fan.. Or I should probably say I'm not a fan of where he is being ranked even with the injury.. Don't think he has the speed of AP.. Or the wiggle that goes with beast mode's power

Todd Gurley is top 3 RB in the last 30 years of college football

You really think so?

I mean I'm already of the school of thought that you shouldn't take a RB in the first.. But just curious why you think this

There's no explaining talent like that. Size speed agility and hands. He's in rarified air

Even if healthy I think he was running in the 4.5s at best.. Which is really good to go with his size.. But I don't see it, where he would be one of dudes I make an exception to the no RB in the first rule

Which is where I see him still being ranked.. And if he's as high as you say, then he should have gone top 10 if not for the injury

Last edited:
Gurley is a track runner and competed and placed in sec meets.

If you watched Gurley play football and can't see how he's head and shoulders above everyone else on the field with your own eyes, there is no amount of text that I can type that will convince you

Last edited:
Gurley is a track runner and competed and placed in sec meets.

If you watched Gurley play football and can't see how he's head and shoulders above everyone else on the field with your own eyes, there is no amount of text that I can type that will convince you

Come on gunna.. We've seen college dudes on numerous occasions kill it in college and then turn into average joes once the level of competition goes up in the pros (see Maurice clarett or Peter Warwick)

But I just don't see this exceptional dude to still be rated in the 1st after his injury.. Or even to be a top 3 back of the last 30 years as you say

Like I said , there is nothing I can say.

Maurice clarrett didn't have half the physical ability Gurley has.

I wouldn't take a RB in the 1st round in this NFL unless you are a top tier team drafting at the back of the 1st

Last edited:
Fred Taylor is in the mix too. I also believe the Jaguars should've used him to catch more passes out the backfield. Fred was a mismatch in High School, at UF and in the NFL.

Curtis Enis was looked at as a better RB but he sucked in the NFL

None of these guys being mentioned had the physical skillset that Gunna is alluding to. Were talking an unlimited ceiling and not just great college RB's. LT and DeAngelo Williams were college greats, but even they didn't have the potential that Ricky and AP has/had.

Curtis Enis was looked at as a better RB but he sucked in the NFL

Penn State had tons of busts at RB in the 80s and 90s. Ki Jana Carter (although ACL injury) Ennis was heralded because of the program. Penn State was a run first offense anyway. Although Florida was a pass oriented offense, Fred still had 1,000+ yard seasons and a major impact.

Back
Top Bottom