Official 2015 NFL Draft Thread

The impenetrable defense in any argument :lol:

I think Maxx Williams, the consensus No. 1 TE it appears, will go off the board to one of these five teams (in order by likelihood imo):

1.) Atlanta, 2.) New Orleans 3.) Houston, 4.) Green Bay, 5.) New England

Baltimore and Denver are obviously in the mix, maybe others I'm sort of going through that right now.

Well I mean who are your top 3 QB's for next year?

Naa cross out #5, we're pretty set at TE right now :lol:  

After the 2011 season, where the 13-3 New England Patriots went all the way to the Super Bowl, Bill Belichick was likely disappointed of course, but hey, he had a decade of Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez – both age 22 and responsible for more than 2,200 receiving yards and 24 TD that season – ahead of him to make up for it.

But as it turns out Aaron Hernandez is capable of murdering people, so scrap that.

Tight end is certainly not one of the Patriots’ biggest needs as they head into the draft, but I can’t help but think Belichick will really think hard on how taking Maxx Williams in the second (or unlikely, the first where Williams was being projected in the early mocks when intel sucked or was most accurate, who knows) could effectively renew the 2-TE format that seemed almost unbeatable for a short period of time a few years ago. We haven't seen another team come along and recplicate it with the same harmony.

Not even Yung Thomas can fit passes into the tight window – or bars – that Hernandez will spend his life behind now, so go with Maxx with two X’s to reinstall Belichick’s two-TE set. C'mon Bobert Kraft.

Well I mean who are your top 3 QB's for next year?

I hate almost every QB projected for 2016.

Last edited:
I would've agreed with you if we hadn't signed 6'7 Scott Chandler on top of Tim Wright who we got from the Mankins trade and caught 6 td's last year.

Last edited:
You combine he and Chandler's guaranteed $ together and it's about $2 million. I don't know obviously, but I doubt they're that tied to either to not move on somebody they think could be there for a decade.

AFC Divisional Round vs. Ravens - Wright played two more snaps at TE than Nate Solder (3 to 1)

AFC Championship vs. Colts - Wright played just five snaps

Super Bowl vs. Seahawks - Wright played two snaps

Last edited:
as a New England fan, i was always about them trying to replicate the success of Gronk/Hernandez but accept the reality that no matter what works for New England in the past, will be thrown out the window going forward.

they constantly change and adapt their offense to different ideas. 

(Im gonna BOO any deflate gate joke right off the bat)

New Englands goal in every draft whether i agree or not is to simply just get as many picks as possible.

they SHOULD trade up for a CB...but they wont.

they SHOULD draft a RB...but they wont, at LEAST not til 3rd round.

there is no rooting for the Pats in the draft you just let them do their thing and be ok with it.

@JasonLaCanfora: Continue to hear Miami very interested in moving up for DeVante Parker. St. Louis at 10th overall a natural match. Rams willing to go down

A little draft prospect nostalgia. Time flies. I remember this game like yesterday, 23 straight completions by Aaron. USC had a stacked defense too. And, I believe Geoff MacArthur was already out for the season, and was Rodger's safety blanket :smokin

Last edited:
@JasonLaCanfora: Continue to hear Miami very interested in moving up for DeVante Parker. St. Louis at 10th overall a natural match. Rams willing to go down

[COLOR=#red]Yes on the player... NO on the trade...
They already only have 6 picks in this draft (1,2,4,5,5,6)[/COLOR]

The Titans seriously have to be the least talented team in the league. They basically have to trade down because they have so many holes. They have not one upcoming young player to build around on their whole team and their best offensive player is Delanie Walker.

Mariota isn't a fit for any offense Whisenhunt has ever tried to run, and trading for Rivers would be even worse. They still wouldn't be any good and he would leave after a year.

so if you were a betting man...where would you say Mariota ultimately ends up (and for what)?

i think he actually goes to Tennessee.

and if he does i think that ends up being the most shocking scenario 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I think the titans are bluffing and hoping some team gives them something to move up..

if they use the pick, I think they go with williams

so if you were a betting man...where would you say Mariota ultimately ends up (and for what)?

i think he actually goes to Tennessee.

and if he does i think that ends up being the most shocking scenario :lol:

Don't see it, Titans have the most holes of any team in the league

Better off plugging as many as possible and rolling with Zach for 2015

The Titans haven't had a WR better than Kenny Britt since forever ago, and Britt only could play five consecutive games at a time. WR hell.

Last edited:
pls no posting tweets in here tipping picks tomorrow

we're usually pretty good with not doing that. i think you'll have a couple instances of people getting excited and blowing their load early, but for the most part we've been good the past couple of drafts. good reminder tho. repped

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom