Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
3 vines :lol:

there was like a 5min+ youtube video.

Pretty sure you can do the same for Curry and Dame as well, but it's not the cool thing to do

Maximus Meridius Maximus Meridius any defensive lapses during that 39 point loss?

Couldn't find any but I got these pimp

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

This man just be chillin on defense. :lol:

Harden isn't making $35 M a year to play defense.

Business decisions

this seems to be the dominant narrative on harden here on nt, "he's not paid for his defense." thus, logic would tell me that harden should never be considered for MVP if multiple NTers are talkin about "an mvp shouldn't have to be hidden on defense" and "an mvp can't be a liability on defense"

I'm currently reading 'personal foul', the book by former referee Tim donaghy, and I highly recommend it for anyone in this thread.

It literally confirms all suspicions I've had about the league. He goes into detail regarding certain traits and personalities of several players/coaches/officials etc.

And of course he delivers details into his gambling addiction and the affect it has on his life and family.

I'm currently reading 'personal foul', the book by former referee Tim donaghy, and I highly recommend it for anyone in this thread.

It literally confirms all suspicions I've had about the league. He goes into detail regarding certain traits and personalities of several players/coaches/officials etc.

And of course he delivers details into his gambling addiction and the affect it has on his life and family.
haven't read the book but the nba isn't straight up period. It's entertainment and BIG business first and foremost. Its not to be taken seriously. I need to read it

Ill still watch it, follow and watch the big games but my interest in general has declined.

Last edited:
In the book, he cites that his first taste of how NBA games are 'really' called was during a 97 match-up between the sixers (home team) vs the bulls. So obviously you know who it involves.

The league placed a point of emphasis on a certain baseline spin move that players were doing that was a travel. Mj did the exact move and he called it. I'm short, he learned that what's good for the game is not good for the business

Last edited:
In the book, he cites that his first taste of how NBA games are 'really' called was during a 97 match-up between the sixers (home team) vs the bulls. So obviously you know who it involves.

The league placed a point of emphasis on a certain baseline spin move that players were doing that was a travel. Mj did the exact move and he called it. I'm short, he learned that what's good for the game is not good for the business
stuff like this is obvious. We all know about "superstar" calls. Calls that are called in the beginning of the game won't be called at the end etc etc. We just have learned to accept it..
It's straight up tho..... Hmm... Is what it is. Entertainment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom