Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the reason eh...

Lmao
Man, I didn't mean it definitively and literally 

but you get the point  
laugh.gif

At 40 years old, Michael Jordan played 82 games and avg 37 mpg.

This is why he's the GOAT.

I'm not listening to no rest garbage.
Really? You're going to brag about the longevity of a player who took years off pro basketball just cause he felt like it?

I've never heard a dumber reason as to why MJ is the GOAT.

What Kareem, Karl Malone, Robert Parish and John Stockton did in terms of longevity is easily more impressive than Jordan's longevity considering they didn't take any multiple year breaks and simply kept playing.

In fact, you can have a pretty long discussion about whether Jordan's whole adventure with the Wizards actually adds or subtracts from his overall legacy. You can mention plenty of pros and cons with regards to those two seasons with the Wizards and what they did for his legacy.

MJ is the greatest offensive player in the history of the league, no one will avg 30 points a game over 15 seasons
No one has more first team all NBA defense awards

lebron might be the most unique, but sure as hell not greater than MJ.

Separate argument but the idea that MJ "tarnished" his legacy in DC is ridiculous. 2 years of a passion project doesn't outweigh a certified legacy that will live on forever.

30 years from now...none of you are going to be talking to your grandchildren and saying "there was this MJ guy that many say was the greatest ever...oh but he played for the Wizards when he was 40 so his career is somehow less legendary". 

Actually...i take that back...i think some of you WOULD say that.

Last edited:
On another note... if the season ended today the Sacramento Kings would be in the playoffs.
eek.gif

Haven't done that since they still had Mike Bibby.

They were in the playoffs last year right around this time then things suddenly fell apart.

On another note... if the season ended today the Sacramento Kings would be in the playoffs.
eek.gif

Haven't done that since they still had Mike Bibby.
This is only because of a random freak anomaly this season where there just happens to be a huge drop in quality after the top 7 teams in the west.
laugh.gif
 Any other normal season, a .424 winning percentage wouldn't even give them a 10th seed in the western conference.

I know. The West is gonna have a weak team this year in the 8 spot regardless of whichever team finishes there (Nuggets, Blazers, Kings).

If Anthony Davis somehow drags the Pelicans into that 8th seed...he deserves a Nobel Peace Prize. 

MJ played all 82 games 5 of his 1st 9 years in the league, one injury riddled season, 81, 80, and 78 the other 3 seasons at almost 40 minutes per. So even before his baseball break questioning his longevity before or after is silly.

Last edited:
Different systems but I wonder how AD feels about Eric Gordon caring about basketball

He never wanted to be there in the first place. Or did you forget him hoping the Pels wouldn't match the offer sheet he signed with Phoenix.

Different systems but I wonder how AD feels about Eric Gordon caring about basketball

He never wanted to be there in the first place. Or did you forget him hoping the Pels wouldn't match the offer sheet he signed with Phoenix.

Obviously but AD has to see a motivated Eric Gordon in H tine and then look to his left and see Dante Cunningham/ Soloman Hill and think to himself "wow"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom