Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on afriend.
when GS wins its going to be like Lebrons rings With the heat. No one going to give a damn or give him credit. Like whoopee dee do You won a Ring with the most stacked team in nba history.[emoji]128514[/emoji]

This is not true

This is not true
it is though. His ring with Cleveland means more then the two with the heat combined.

If Durant wins a bunch of rings it will be looked as in the same light. Would've meant more with Okc. If they lose. So much clowning going to be going on if they lose. and if they win. Big deal that's what they supposed to do, they stacked.

Last edited:
amazing how many "basketball fans" totally forget about rebounding, defense and not turning over the ball as keys to winning just because a team scores alot :smh:

Teams used to smack Miami on the glass too. Didn't matter unless Bron or Wade was having issues.

If your stars make shots, you'll win titles. Period.

Teams used to smack Miami on the glass too. Didn't matter unless Bron or Wade was having issues.

true the heat always had weak centers but in the east they never really had to go through good big men. Roy hibbert[emoji]128514[/emoji]

Last edited:

Out rebound? Maybe. Smack Miami on the glass? I don't recall lbj and co. ever letting an opposing sf lead a series in rebounding.

And Miami played league leading/smothering D and they didn't turn the ball over. You conveniently left those 2 points out.

I'm willing to concede that if gsw is out rebounded but smothers teams defensively and doesn't throw the ball out of bounds on behind the back over the head passes that they may be able to mask the rebounding issue.

But they can't, and they won't.

And when Miami got "smacked" on the glass in the finals, they lost...(see Miami vs. San Antonio v2)

Dudes just swear that gsw will score 150 points a game because Durant brings his career avg to the dubs...like they're gonna shoot 80% from the field or something.

Bottom line, defense, avoiding turnovers and rebounding always mattered in winning basketball. Anyone who disagrees, God help them.

Yeah I wouldnt doubt those Miami teams consistently lead the league in forced turnovers.

they were built different last year and didnt win.

let me remind you how...
exposing weak defenders in PnR
no rim protection after bogut got hurt
turning the ball over being cute with the ball like curry's around the back blunder late in game 7
and allowing TT, LBJ and even K love to kill them on the glass

oh, and that dynamic offense last year? scoreless in the last 5+ minutes of game 7

this year they exchanged rim protection, defense, depth and rebounding for more scoring. they already were near the top of the league or leading it in every major offensive category.

dudes be looking at it like "so, the warriors avg 110 a game, now we'll avg 140 a game since durant scored 25-30 ppg." it just doesnt wrok like that.

Repped. Biggest choke job in NBA history. If they didn't get KD that would still be the headlines.

Sometimes I wonder if some of you folks really believe the things you post or are you folks trying to speak these things into existence

This is not true
it is though. His ring with Cleveland means more then the two with the heat combined.

If Durant wins a bunch of rings it will be looked as in the same light. Would've meant more with Okc. If they lose. So much clowning going to be going on if they lose. and if they win. Big deal that's what they supposed to do, they stacked.

The Heat losing in that first Finals to the Mavs eliminates that entire post. People said the Heat were stacked too, then they ran up against a perfectly constructed team to beat them. You can claim any team to be stacked when they're mowing a bunch of other teams down all the time, then they get beat. The only people claiming those Heat titles didn't mean anything are people who hated the Heat/Lebron. Of course his Cavs ring means more than the Heat ones, it's basically his hometown team that he spent the first 7 years of his career with, left on bad terms and came back. That's simple logic.The difference in KD's situation is that he left a team that had their foot on the Warriors necks, and failed through his own doing, then jumped to an already historically great team.

How does it eliminate it. Lol quite the opposite imo. That was known as one of the most epic failures of all time. " Lebron couldn't win even with a stacked team"
. It was everyone as well. Pretty much everyone hated those heat squads. . Same ish with the warriors. Everyone going to hate the warriors and when they win it will be whatevers.
You arguing semantics.

No one hated on Lebron when he won with the Cavs, even the haters.
It didn't feel cheap. When the heat won it felt cheap. Like that was what was expected. It was a super team like never before seen in the modern NBA till the warriors constructed a bigger one this year.
I fully expect the warriors to win a few in a row but it feels cheap with the addition of Durant.

Last edited:

KAT is the future.

Keep the contest submissions coming. I'll close the submissions on Sunday night and then we can vote on them on Monday.

Well first we need to watch this season unfold. It's not that crazy to think the Warriors will surpass the Heat with hate. The Warriors are gonna be so much better which fuels the hate more than anything and this might end up being the sassiest squad ever assembled on top of that.
So YOU are allowed to say GSW will be hated as much as mia, but when I disagree you tell me let the season play outm

Ok

No, you predicted the warriors future hate as fact like it already happened. I mean we're talking about an unprecedented situation. I said its not crazy to think they will be. I never said they will be.

Last edited:

KAT is the future.

smokin.gif

Y'all realize we have KAT, Embiid, AD, Jokic, Nurkic Whiteside, Drummond, Boogie, Adams, and Gobert all age 26 or younger? :wow: :x :pimp:

What a time.

The death of the big man has been GREATLY exaggerated.

Y'all realize we have KAT, Embiid, AD, Jokic, Nurkic Whiteside, Drummond, Boogie, Adams, and Gobert all age 26 or younger? :wow: :x :pimp:

What a time.

ASG better reflect this come February

No more SF and PF taking the Center positions

What a time.

None of them shaq doh. No Dream, Wilt, or D.Rob, Yao. Tons of Big Guys, but they all, just pretty good outside of KAT and Whiteside.

Yeah. Dominate big men that get far in the playoffs. I think that's what's it's meant.. Heat, no. Big man.. Spurs. Old Duncan, not a first option.. Warriors, Cavs.

Not a dominate big man on those rosters.. No teams led by a big man have won a chip in Hella years.

Agreed Freeze.
.kat needs to change this .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom