Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gsw with an injured bogut, hobbled Iggy and steph, draymond missing a game, and Joanne missing wide open looks is better than anything Jordan ever faced?

They are just pretty good. Show me footage of them being anywhere near as dominant as the name I mentioned. They're just pretty good until you can actually hang a franchise on them and actually show even a morsel of success. Until then, they're just pretty good.

The fact you mentioned Embiid before he's even laced up for a single NBA game shows where your logic is in this argument.

Embiid has had A LOT of hype over the past two years that he hadn't played. He's gone out there in preseason and been even better than any of us probably thought he would be right away. I don't think he's just going to forget how to play basketball once a game is deemed regular season and not preseason against the exact same players.

You also just said that they need to be able to hang a franchise on them and even show a morsel of success and named KAT and Whiteside as your two examples......I love KAT and think he's going to be amazing but he's played one year in the league and his team was still one of the worst in the league even with a decently talented roster. And Whiteside? Are you really saying his name deserves to be mentioned over AD, Cousins and Embiid? That isn't even worth my time to argue.

Embiid doesn't deserve to be mentioned at all. KAT just played more games in his rookie year than Embiid has ever. With his injury history he could still very well be Greg Oden.

The best ability is availability, just ask Grant Hill or Penny who had it all from a talent standpoint and even they didn't miss 2 entire seasons to begin their careers.

Last edited:

Bet $150
Underrated comment was underrated. 
laugh.gif

roll.gif

saw this on inside hoops. Forums today. ... I would say stinking it up in 14-15 was exaggerated
View media item 2207095

i agree lakersman. a bit exagerrated. but he def didnt have a "curry-type" series. he wasnt himself at all. that is directly reflected by the fat that he didnt win MVP.

he has a decent series and he has a few good games. but we could make a direct connection between the 15 finals and the 16 finals as it relates to his "lack of clutch factor"

They are just pretty good. Show me footage of them being anywhere near as dominant as the name I mentioned. They're just pretty good until you can actually hang a franchise on them and actually show even a morsel of success. Until then, they're just pretty good.

The fact you mentioned Embiid before he's even laced up for a single NBA game shows where your logic is in this argument.

Embiid has had A LOT of hype over the past two years that he hadn't played. He's gone out there in preseason and been even better than any of us probably thought he would be right away. I don't think he's just going to forget how to play basketball once a game is deemed regular season and not preseason against the exact same players.

You also just said that they need to be able to hang a franchise on them and even show a morsel of success and named KAT and Whiteside as your two examples......I love KAT and think he's going to be amazing but he's played one year in the league and his team was still one of the worst in the league even with a decently talented roster. And Whiteside? Are you really saying his name deserves to be mentioned over AD, Cousins and Embiid? That isn't even worth my time to argue.

AD cant even stay on the court g. The man who doesn't read has no advantage over the man who can't.

KAT is a rookie. The squad made huge strides last year. He is the anchor of that team. Averaged a double dbl year 1. Swallow your spit.

White side is a defensive anchor. At minimum, he has the ability to be what prime dwight was. AND he can shot freethrows.

Boogie has all the skills in the world, but he's an idiot. Based on mental maturity alone I'm taking KAT over him.

Why would I not say Whiteside is better than Embiid? Because you've seen Joel do some fancy footwork and hit some 3s in a few preseason game? Spare me. Embiid has been hyped up the last couple years for no reason. He has literally done nothing to garner the hype. Nor to prove that it was worth it yet.

Kinda funny AD went from a defensive anchor prospect with a budding offensive game to a big time scorer with okay defensive impact.

Warriors would have pulled off the repeat at full strength even against a full strength Cavs team.

Seeing Curry in the preseason dancing around the perimeter getting to the rim with an elite first step should be confirmation he wasn't a 100 in the finals

:rofl: there was literally zero talk of Steph not being 100% after his return until those miracle threes stopped falling in the thunder series.

He destroyed POR when he came back, 28/10/7 in G1 against OKC, 28 on 15 shots in G2.......

Then they drop the next 2 games and suddenly he's not 100% anymore :lol: he scores on every Thunder player in G7 and no injury talk. Throws up some bricks in the finals and he's "hurt" again :lol: it was absolutely ridiculous.

Like he's the only player in NBA history that's impervious to playoff defense.

He was fine. When your shot selection is as crazy as his, you're going to have some rough shooting nights in the playoffs. He was off a few times in the finals 2 years ago too.

Last edited:
^ Revisionist history.

People were talking about how amazing it was that he was knocking down those shots even though he was injured.

Maybe it disgusted you, or maybe you tuned them out, but to say "literally zero talk" is patently false.

:rofl: there was literally zero talk of Steph not being 100% after his return until those miracle threes stopped falling in the thunder series.

He destroyed POR when he came back, 28/10/7 in G1 against OKC, 28 on 15 shots in G2.......

Then they drop the next 2 games and suddenly he's not 100% anymore :lol: he scores on every Thunder player in G7 and no injury talk. Throws up some bricks in the finals and he's "hurt" again :lol: it was absolutely ridiculous.

He was fine. When your shot selection is as crazy as his, you're going to have some rough shooting nights in the playoffs. He was off a few times in the finals 2 years ago too.

All this, repped.

^ Revisionist history.

People were talking about how amazing it was that he was knocking down those shots even though he was injured.

Maybe it disgusted you, or maybe you tuned them out, but to say "literally zero talk" is patently false.
yes. even in that okc series people were talking about him not have that first step and being able to break anyone off the dribble like , normal steph does. 

Last edited:
Warriors would have pulled off the repeat at full strength even against a full strength Cavs team.

Seeing Curry in the preseason dancing around the perimeter getting to the rim with an elite first step should be confirmation he wasn't a 100 in the finals

clearly you have no idea how injured tendons work.

NT doctors ftw

Yea that was a gnarly injury and I really doubt it healed in a matter of weeks. Just because you have a good game here and there doesn't mean you're 100%. It can easily flare up on you. He didn't do himself any favors by screaming out 'I'm back' in his first game tho :lol:

Last edited:
Kinda funny AD went from a defensive anchor prospect with a budding offensive game to a big time scorer with okay defensive impact.

Get it how you live. :pimp:

He could still be an elite defensive anchor, just needs actual other defenders on the team.

^ Revisionist history.

Thank you good sir. I might not post heavy but I definitely follow the thread and it was plenty talk on both sides about him being 100 percent healthy

And OKC would have beat GSW if this and this and this.......

Seeing KD after the loss should be confirmation he wasn't 100% invested in winning the CHIP in OKC.

He gifted GSW a 2nd straight shot at a Chip, or else they'd have been fishing in May instead of Contending in June.

Can I do that? 

+1 repped

^ Revisionist history.

actually he's right. there was no big talk of curry being hurt until the tides started to turn on the finals and it was amplified after the finals was over. when he was cookin' there was no issues. after the slip in the houston series and missing a few playoff games, i think everyone knew he wasnt 100%.

but being hurt didnt cause all the silly turnovers, being hurt didnt expose his pizz poor on ball defense. being hurt didnt cause him or the team to go scoreless the last 5 min of game 7.

Last edited:

And OKC would have beat GSW if this and this and this.......

Seeing KD after the loss should be confirmation he wasn't 100% invested in winning the CHIP in OKC.

He gifted GSW a 2nd straight shot at a Chip, or else they'd have been fishing in May instead of Contending in June.

Can I do that? 

Apple and oranges :lol:

You better than that A- friend...let it out tho homie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom