Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This NBA season probably is the most youth-infused season in a very long time. Seems like there's so many bubbling and breakout dudes on deck on so many teams, and teh previous guard is slowly fading out.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: that is very false. You can direct yourself to the Cavs/Lebron haters thread in June right after that series, and then also read posts in there right now. It's not really that no one hated when Lebron/Cavs won the title, it's just that those haters didn't have a single leg to stand on anymore. They were **** out of luck and had to divert that hate and saltiness somewhere else.

And I mentioned that eliminated the entire post because that Heat team did not win. You would have had a point had the Heat mowed through Dallas as well.
that doesnt make any sense.
heat were clowned on so much because they formed a superteam  and said they were going to win a gazillion chips in a row and then loss first time up to bat.   

if the warriors lose this year. they going to be the laughing stock of the nba for having the most stacked super team ever and failing. IF they win ," its what they supposed to do . they stacked af." is what will be said. 

very simple concept. 
. and by saying they had no leg to stand on ANYMORE  you pretty much saying people had some type of reason to discount his chips with miami.

my point exactly ..super teams have huge expectations and if they fail they get clowned more then the average team. When they win "they stacked , they supposed to win " 
they felt cheap. same way if gs ever wins one in the near future  , it will feel cheap. you  taking hated the wrong way.
 people hated on the cavs. i hated the cavs win but it was nothing like the way i hated when miami won.
couldnt throw salt on the way they won because  it didnt feel cheap the way cavs  won last year. 

thats all i got to say about that. 

I guess we're really discussing two different things then. When I mentioned it wasn't true, I was referring to GSW's team being stacked vs the Heat's teams being stacked. That first Heat team was obviously top heavy, but lost due to Lebron's bad play, guys after the Big 3 practically being non-existent, and the Mavs simply playing better. I don't see how you can even call the two Heat teams that won stacked either, when they did have flaws, and those flaws became magnified that final year when they lost. Not discounting guys playing there roles at all, but I don't think many people were clamoring to add/make deals for Birdman, Norris Cole, Chalmers, Mike Miller, etc to come to their teams. Just not seeing how those two titles they won can be referred to as cheap when they were knocked off the first year, and had to work to get those after. If the Warriors win this year, and were to refer to them as cheap, I can actually see why, especially in regards to KD. They finished 73-9, and lost in basically the last 4 minutes of a game 7. They essentially flipped the black hole Harrison Barnes for one of the best players today. Nothing what I said before that last post had anything to do with comparing slander of the teams. That would be a given if they lose, no debating that at all.

Last edited:
That 2nd Heat championship team was absolutely stacked. Three Top 20 + Ray freaking Allen. C'mon, man. :lol:

I would call them stacked from the beginning, but I can understand someone hesitating to do so because it's not like Juwan Howard was in his prime or Mike Miller was some elite player. I get someone calling the roster top-heavy in the beginning. But we have to call those last 2 years a stacked team.

Last edited:
That 2nd Heat team was absolutely stacked. Three Top 20 + Ray freaking Allen. C'mon, man. :lol:

I would call them stacked from the beginning, but I can understand someone hesitating to do so because it's not like Juwan Howard was in his prime or Mike Miller was some elite player. I get someone calling the roster top-heavy in the beginning. But we have to call those last 2 years a stacked team.
I don't see how it's even debatable, that was peak Bron, prime Bosh and just exiting prime Wade in addition to the greatest shooter ever up to that point. In addition to losing twice, I would say they kind of underperformed overall especially in the East, no way that old Boston team or those Pacers teams should have even taken them to 7 games in 2012 and 2013. 

Last edited:
What NBA team has won without a stacked roster?

The 2011 Mavericks?
depends on what your definition of stacked is. Two higher quality all stars and roles players is a stacked team?

. Would you say Okc team make up and roster last year was stacked? I would say no but it's subjective I guess. That's been the make up of many chip teams. 2 stars and lots of solid role players. More then two stars and I say that's a stacked team.

Last edited:
This whole idea of "stacked" is mind blowing to me. If we're going to start knocking teams for winning with "stacked" rosters we need to go back and rewrite history then. The whole point is to win, and usually having better players than the rest of the field is the way to do that. We kill guys for not winning and kill them for putting themselves in positions to win. Contradictories everywhere.

Last edited:
This whole idea of "stacked" is mind blowing to me. If we're going to start knocking teams for winning with "stacked" rosters we need to go back and rewrite history then. The whole point is to win, and usually having better players than the rest of the field is the way to do that. We kill guys for not winning and kill them for putting themselves in positions to win. Contradictories everywhere.
if things were like that then durant shouldnt be criticized for jumping to the warriors .

[quote name="STARBOY"]This whole idea of "stacked" is mind blowing to me. If we're going to start knocking teams for winning with "stacked" rosters we need to go back and rewrite history then. The whole point is to win, and usually having better players than the rest of the field is the way to do that. We kill guys for not winning and kill them for putting themselves in positions to win. Contradictories everywhere.
[/quote]Completely agree. [quote name="lakersman3000"]if things were like that then durant shouldnt be criticized for jumping to the warriors .[/quote]He shouldn't be.

Like dude said, we criticize you for not winning and criticize for putting yourself in the best chance to win.

Pierce can criticize but his TEAM put him in a good position to win. He wanted to win more, so did he stay on the Celtics after he team dissolved? Nope.

if things were like that then durant shouldnt be criticized for jumping to the warriors .
i can't say what should or shouldn't be criticized when it comes to sports debating. im well aware these discussion aren't necessarily grounded in sound logic. the kd thing is a media generated "storyline" that the fans have adopted in this pack-like mentality.  it's to the point where the mere mention of durant sparks disgust in some peoples minds. it's weird.

I'm merely pointing out the contradictory nature of this particular topic of "stacked" teams. 

It's almost as if people believe in this myth that a true competitor can only be validated if he does it with as little "help" as possible. But then we DOG the AI's, the Barkley's, the Ewings, the McGrady's, etc. We say they can never be placed in that elite class of legends because they never got it done, but then when Lebron goes to Cleveland or KD goes to GSW, we come up all these ridiculous reasons as to why that's "not right". 

It's also funny when you think we slander the players for this, but not the people really in control which are the front offices 
laugh.gif

we knock lebron as if pat riley and the heat didn't want lebron. we knock kd for joining the team that beat "him" but not Bob Myers who basically all but said acquiring him was something they wanted to do from the jump. the players get all the slander for doing what they want but we say nothing about the fact that they're only doing what they're allowed to do. 

Last edited:
[quote name="STARBOY"]i can't say what should or shouldn't be criticized when it comes to sports debating. im well aware these discussion aren't necessarily grounded in sound logic. the kd thing is a media generated "storyline" that the fans have adopted in this pack-like mentality.  it's to the point where the mere mention of durant sparks disgust in some peoples minds. it's weird.

I'm merely pointing out the contradictory nature of this particular topic of "stacked" teams. 

It's almost as if people believe in this myth that a true competitor can only be validated if he does it with as little "help" as possible. But then we DOG the AI's, the Barkley's, the Ewings, the McGrady's, etc. We say they can never be placed in that elite class of legends because they never got it done, but then when Lebron goes to Cleveland or KD goes to GSW, we come up all these ridiculous reasons as to why that's "not right". 

It's also funny when you think we slander the players for this, but not the people really in control which are the front offices :lol: .

we knock lebron as if pat riley and the heat didn't want lebron. we knock kd for joining the team that beat "him" but not Bob Myers who basically all but said acquiring him was something they wanted to do from the jump. the players get all the slander for doing what they want but we say nothing about the fact that they're only doing what they're allowed to do.[/quote]Damn.

Exactly.

Completely agree.
He shouldn't be.

Like dude said, we criticize you for not winning and criticize for putting yourself in the best chance to win.

Pierce can criticize but his TEAM put him in a good position to win. He wanted to win more, so did he stay on the Celtics after he team dissolved? Nope.
that's cool. I see what your saying and it makes sense.
i criticized pierce for having something to say about kd situation for the exact same reason you stated. he wanted and got better teammates in boston with the big 3. how you going to talk about what kd did and that being a competitor talk he was on.
. its hypocritical.

Good post starboy...

Last edited:
i can't say what should or shouldn't be criticized when it comes to sports debating. im well aware these discussion aren't necessarily grounded in sound logic. the kd thing is a media generated "storyline" that the fans have adopted in this pack-like mentality.  it's to the point where the mere mention of durant sparks disgust in some peoples minds. it's weird.

It's also funny when you think we slander the players for this, but not the people really in control which are the front offices :lol: .

we knock lebron as if pat riley and the heat didn't want lebron. we knock kd for joining the team that beat "him" but not Bob Myers who basically all but said acquiring him was something they wanted to do from the jump. the players get all the slander for doing what they want but we say nothing about the fact that they're only doing what they're allowed to do. 

Hold this rep

That Mavs championship run in 11 is still one of the best in NBA history. Dirk was on another level especially against Bron and the heat :evil: :smokin

The term Stacked should also be in comparison to the field.this GSW team won 73 games last year added a top 3 player and they only lost Barnes and bogut no one else but the cavs have a legitimate chance and the cavs beat them last year by the slimmest of margins. I'd say the clippers have a punchers chance s/o to James elseworth

For those calling OKC a fringe playoff team, they must not post in the predictions thread.

OKC is running 4-5 all over in there, can't recall a list without them on it. Get your predictions in before Tuesday.

Last edited:
The term Stacked should also be in comparison to the field.this GSW team won 73 games last year added a top 3 player and they only lost Barnes and bogut no one else but the cavs have a legitimate chance and the cavs beat them last year by the slimmest of margins. I'd say the clippers have a punchers chance s/o to James elseworth
Actually your Rockets are going to fare well against them too.

If GSW isn't going to hold anybody below 105, any paced up team can win against them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom