Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree in regards to IT. He's having such a great year, it'll be hard to see him improving even more.

Ainge better use all those assets and bring in Jimmy Butler .

Boston better do something.

Tired of this every year, then Ainge goes and say's what deals he was "very close" to making.
mean.gif
danny ainge the arsene wenger of the nba

I think they should stay as they are until the offseason. Nabbing a talent like Fultz does not come every day. Besides, what move can they possibly do to beat the Cavs this year? The 2017 pick should be untouchable unless you get an Anthony Davis type of player back.

The 2018 pick can be more flexible since next year's draft is weak.

pizza guy has the green light to do whatever he wants on offense in boston, no reason to believe his production takes a dip any time soon

I think they should stay as they are until the offseason. Nabbing a talent like Fultz does not come every day. Besides, what move can they possibly do to beat the Cavs this year? The 2017 pick should be untouchable unless you get an Anthony Davis type of player back.

Would you trade it for Jimmy?

Yeah, people say that literally every year. Nobody thought he could replicate what he did last year, but he exceeded it this year. The playoffs will be his real test.

I agree in regards to IT. He's having such a great year, it'll be hard to see him improving even more.

Jimmy Butler would be interesting. Although, I think having a big to compliment Horford would be a better idea. I've spoken about this topic with a buddy of mine and we both thought Boston would be better suited if they brought in someone like Millsap. I'd rather not bring in a scoring heavy SF, because chances are he'd have to guard LeBron and expend energy trying to stop him. Or you put yourself in a matchup nightmare if you send your PF to stick him.

I wouldn't. If it won't let me beat the Cavs, id rather invest in the next few years. I'd trade the 2018, Brown and Bradley/ Crowder for Jimmy though.

Only reason I think Boston should do something is because I highly doubt IT can continue this type of production and MVP play next year and the year after that.
Thats even worse than not doing anything...Messing up the bright long term outlook chasing an imaginary championship run cuz IT is flames right now :smh:

If nobody thats truly gonna put them past Lebron is available keep the picks and add to the current squad, good chance at drafting 1st right now in a loaded draft

Jimmy Butler would be interesting. Although, I think having a big to compliment Horford would be a better idea. I've spoken about this topic with a buddy of mine and we both thought Boston would be better suited if they brought in someone like Millsap. I'd rather not bring in a scoring heavy SF, because chances are he'd have to guard LeBron and expend energy trying to stop him. Or you put yourself in a matchup nightmare if you send your PF to stick him.

I agree with this. Boston can nab pretty good talent without giving up much if they plan to get a solid rim protector and rebounder. This will help them a ton come playoff time.

I'd trade the Nets pick for Davis and put him next to Horford. Sheesh, that's one one Hell of a frontline up.

Absolutely not. Again, why would you bring in a scoring SF when he has to guard LeBron?

Yeah, people say that literally every year. Nobody thought he could replicate what he did last year, but he exceeded it this year. The playoffs will be his real test.

It'll be all good until the Celtics see the Cavs and then LeBron and co. eats up the small ball. LeBron has historically eaten up every PG that came his way in the East. IT won't be any different. Besides, IT is statistically the WORST DEFENDING guard in the NBA. Kyrie will put up all-time numbers against him.

Last edited:
Serge lost all power when he stopped getting those glorious Keri Hilson yambs on the regular.

keri-hilson-full-photo.png

Last edited:

The only reason I mention more perimeter help is because I think it helps IT a little more. Having another G/F who can score can help IT in the long run (especially in the playoffs). Boston does need rebounding help, but I think they can obtain a guy like Tyson Chandler from Phoenix to play alongside Horford. That's if the goal is to move Horford to PF. Maybe Derrick Favors? Andrew Bogut? I just think their problems up front are more centered around rim protection and rebounding more so than scoring.

They would still have the ability to mix and match lineups as well.

Last edited:
i think boston should keep their team how it is. They are 2nd in the east and have a good chance to be first. no one predicted that. If thy don't make a deep playoff run then in the offseason moves can be made

Crazy how the Magics had great or good players like Shaq, penny, tmac, Steve Francis and D12 and still have haven't won a championships and are usually a middle of the pack or below team

The only reason I mention more perimeter help is because I think it helps IT a little more. Having another G/F who can score can help IT in the long run (especially in the playoffs). Boston does need rebounding help, but I think they can obtain a guy like Tyson Chandler from Phoenix to play alongside Horford. That's if the goal is to move Horford to PF. Maybe Derrick Favors? Andrew Bogut? I just think their problems up front are more centered around rim protection and rebounding more so than scoring.

They would still have the ability to mix and match lineups as well.

Good Point I never thought about.

Bogut, Chandler or Favors would fill that void really well!

For cheap, then a wing can be had.

Man they got a big opportunity.

i think boston should keep their team how it is. They are 2nd in the east and have a good chance to be first. no one predicted that. If thy don't make a deep playoff run then in the offseason moves can be made

While I agree, this could be a year of a upset if any in the East with a move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom