Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But I agree it is redundant to have both Tobias and Morris. Whenever I try running with that squad on 2K, I HATE those two playing together

This is the thing. If yall blow up what yall have, how can you have faith that yall will get back to where you CURRENTLY are, within the next 5 years.

That is the risky thing with blowing things up man. It isn't that simple because yall might not get back to where you are anytime soon.

VERY TRUE.

I agree. But 7th or 8th seed every year in the East is tweener man. I would rather be in the lottery.

You made some good points though. Repped.

Last edited:
Detroit's payroll is at 115 mil, third in the league.

Josh Smith comes off the books this offseason but he's being replaced by the KCP extension, so they'll still be pushing 120 mil.

I understand what DC is saying, but I think it applies more to a team like the Clippers or Grizzlies. Teams that have actually advanced in the playoffs & been on the verge of the conference finals.

Detroit has the #3 payroll in basketball and is (barely) an 8th seeded team full of players that haven't shown that they're capable of taking the Leap. Not a single franchise player in sight. They're likely to get swept by the Cavs with or without Love & JR. They need to unload some guys.

Last edited:
Detroit's payroll is at 115 mil, third in the league.

Josh Smith comes off the books this offseason but he's being replaced by the KCP extension, so they'll still be pushing 120 mil.

I understand what DC is saying, but I think it applies more to a team like the Clippers or Grizzlies. Teams that have actually advanced in the playoffs & been on the verge of the conference finals.

Detroit has the #3 payroll in basketball and is (barely) an 8th seeded team full of players that haven't shown that they're capable of taking the Leap. They're likely to get swept by the Cavs with or without Love. They need to unload some guys.

This is what I was trying to get at.

I agree with DC to his points.

But we have either been the low seed in the playoffs or not in it at all for the past 7 years. At least teams like Clips and Grizz get there and advance.

Unload some guys is right, we have no "Franchise centerpiece" despite what they think. Drummond is not that guy man, and Pope making 100 million this offseason I scoff at but it probably has to get done.

Reggie, Pope, Drummond that's most the salary right there! I guess in regards to blowing it up I meant, major moves needed. A PG who can create and Tobias or Morris get traded for a SF. Then tighten up the rest from there.

Last edited:
The Piston's problem is they bet on Drummond and Jackson being Franchise/cornerstone players n it aint working out...they can continue in mediocrity or bottom out and try again, no players they bring in will make a real difference with those being the focus of the team

I remember when Drummond was suppose to be better than Dwight :lol: :smh:

I remember Will's random scoring spree, it was pretty fun

Seriously though, what about the boy Yogi, speaking of random point guard sprees

The Piston's problem is they bet on Drummond and Jackson being Franchise/cornerstone players n it aint working out...they can continue in mediocrity or bottom out and try again, no players they bring in will make a real difference with those being the focus of the team

I remember when Drummond was suppose to be better than Dwight :lol: :smh:

I would rather bottom out and try again.

Pistons have tested the trade market on Andre Drummond. Woah

Pistons also testing market for Reggie Jackson, via ESPN. The Wolves, Magic and Pelicans are all potential trade partners.

Via LegionHoops on twitter

Can a player be traded twice within weeks?

I will take T.Ross for Reggie. :smokin :lol:

But really, might as well take Rubio for Reggie at this point. We have enough people trying to score.

Last edited:
If the Magic trade for and trade away Ibaka just to turn around and trade for Reggie Jackcon wtf :x :smh: ....might fly down to Disney n get Hennigan outta there myself :lol:

Damn and the Lakers still worse than the Magic 2 years later

Magic tanking so your squad losing the pick too :lol: :pimp:

It's been like 5 years since they traded their franchise guy :lol:. I wouldn't be excited about still tanking if I was a magic fan. 2 years ago the only prospect we had was Randle and he was out for the year. Yall are supposed to be way better than us at this point

Last edited:
So Oak staying in Philly

roll.gif

Jahlil Okafor was shelved a ploy to stir interest and induce better offers, sources speculate. No one fell for it. https://t.co/lH8tsqr7Be
— Kevin O'Connor (@KevinOConnorNBA) February 15, 2017

Sheesh. Can't imagine how Jah is feeling. Hope he's working out hard on these off-days.
Guess the Sixers thought everybody was stupid...they been trying trade Oak and Nerlens since last summer, they have NO LEVERAGE and everybody in the league knows this...im sure even the worst GM's been throwing crazy lowball offers and doing **** on their own time when Philly calls about one of those players :lol:

I remember back round draft time when the fans were so pressed to trade everybody i said dont be surprised to have all the draft picks on the roster by the trade deadline

Last edited:
Damn and the Lakers still worse than the Magic 2 years later

Magic tanking so your squad losing the pick too :lol: :pimp:

It's been like 5 years since they traded their franchise guy :lol:. I wouldn't be excited about still tanking if I was a magic fan. 2 years ago the only prospect we had was Randle and he was out for the year. Yall are supposed to be way better than us at this point
Tanking is better than whatever the hell the GM been trying to do for the past couple season, ill take it ...yall keep adding players to the "young core" and still trying to tank cuz it aint going nowhere :lol: ...wouldnt mind seeing my guy Lou will ball in the playoffs tho :pimp:

Last edited:
Lou been nothing but productive for LA... hope they get some value for him 

I mean if they're shopping him why in the world did they sign the vets they did this past summer

Crazy how the Magics had great or good players like Shaq, penny, tmac, Steve Francis and D12 and still have haven't won a championships and are usually a middle of the pack or below team

They had 1 great player in Shaq. And would have won a ship with him had he stayed longer.

Just saw this...

The numbers out of the gate for the tops of drafts ain't like the old days :lol:

1. Ben Simmons - Out
2. Brandon Ingram - 8.1 PPG, .366 FG
3. Jaylen Brown - 5.7 PPG, .427 FG
4. Dragan Bender - 3.2 PPG, .371 FG
5. Kris Dunn - 3.6 PPG, .365 FG
6. Buddy Hield - 8.6 PPG, .391 FG
7. Jamal Murray - 8.8 PPG, .394 FG
8. Marquese Chriss - 7.5 PPG, .420 FG
9. Jakob Poeltl - 2.3 PPG
10. Thon Maker - 3.5 PPG

Status
Not open for further replies.