Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's where my beef lies with. No league promotes individual players the way the NBA does. Say you live in Memphis, the Grizzlies box office charges considerably more to see the cavs or warriors play because of lebron and curry. You could see the very same Cavs in the same uniforms just without lebron for peanuts in 2011-13. So the box office charges off star talent.

They make that game a premium priced game only for the main attraction everyone pays to see sitting out when fully healthy and able to play. I don't encourage that crap at all, but if they're going to do it, do it during home games where the fans have 41 regular season games, preseason, and possibly playoffs to see their guy play.
If you only attend NBA games when superstars come to town you aren't a true NBA fan.

Now I know you trollin

Dudes who only attend NBA when Lebron or Steph come to town are like boxing fans who only watch Floyd fight.

Bottle jokes are lame. I'm a true NBA fan I go to all kinds of games not just when Steph or Bron comes to town.

I need to sip some of that good stuff timid indulges in lmao.

Either way it's a bad look though. F the kid that lives in Memphis who saved up for months to buy a decent ticket to Grizzlies Cavs because he's a big lebron fan and wants to see the greatest player of his generation play live only for a fully healthy lebron not playing because he's tired after a back to back. He's not a real fan.

Different generation of NBA players.

Well if you're not down with trimming games, then the next best thing is to start the season in early October.

I've never cared about guys sitting it out. I've been to Spurs games where Tim Duncan sat and they only go to ATL once a year. But I'm a fan of the squad in general though, I can see your beef if you're there to see the stars or whatever.

If people are mad I dont blame them, they have a valid reason. It just doesnt bother me though.
I mean but you aren't the avg NBA fan.

The NBA is not for the avid NBA fan, believe it or not. They don't market it to you, you're going to watch and follow regardless.

It ain't really even that big of a deal. It's a smart decision to rest your stars during meaningless games a time the end of the season.

Then do it at home. Not in prime time, nationally televised games. The problem is the league waits on all these marquee games until after the NFL season is over, and it forces these teams into more back-to-back situations than necessary. The NBA is shortening the preseason and adding a week next year, so that will help. The All-Star break also doesn't have to be a week. They could also have fewer inter-conference ABC games, especially late in the season.

Dudes who only attend NBA when Lebron or Steph come to town are like boxing fans who only watch Floyd fight.
Even if this is true, so?

Their dollars are worth just as much as the real fan, maybe even more since most NBA fans are casuals.

Is there any proof that resting players even makes a difference? The clippers rested Blake and DJ the other night. Everybody knows damn well they aint playing into June

Or here's an idea. If you're not injured whether it's home or away, play the damn game. It's been done for 40 years. You've got players doing it right now and they're facing the same rigors. It doesn't have to be this complicated. You can manage minutes in games without sitting all your stars in any particular game.

I've never cared about guys sitting it out. I've been to Spurs games where Tim Duncan sat and they only go to ATL once a year. But I'm a fan of the squad in general though, I can see your beef if you're there to see the stars or whatever.

If people are mad I dont blame them, they have a valid reason. It just doesnt bother me though.
I mean but you aren't the avg NBA fan.

The NBA is not for the avid NBA fan, believe it or not. They don't market it to you, you're going to watch and follow regardless.
Totally aware of that. The casual fan is who really matters. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom