Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it wasn't for the NBA helping college with the one n done rule nobody would even watch NCAA basketball ...it would be literally only the die hard fans of a few teams n then everybody else would watch for like a week in March

Let the best players go to the league now stop wasting their time and earning potential
And taking money out of their pockets.

If it wasn't for the NBA helping college with the one n done rule nobody would even watch NCAA basketball ...it would be literally only the die hard fans of a few teams n then everybody else would watch for like a week in March

Let the best players go to the league now stop wasting their time and earning potential
Key phrase here, EARNING POTENTIAL.

In the grand scheme of things, these one and done players have a very small window to earn a LOT of money. Making them do one year in college is literally shortening an already short window in regards to the amount of money these guys can earn and that's wrong.

The average player is in the league for what, minus 5 years? Granted one and dones SHOULD be in the league longer than that but most NBA careers aren't that long, so if someone actually CAN go to the NBA you should let them go so that they can maximize this short window. Hell even if they play 10 years, that's still an incredibly short window to make this much money and you're really hurting them by taking a year away.

I understand this is the NBA thread but dudes in here are really saying **** college basketball and that it needs to die?? Are you kidding me? The NCAA Tournament is one of the greatest things in the world and college basketball fans > NBA fans by a wide margin.

i don't know too much about the politics of the G-League, NBA being in bed with NCAA, and all that. but i read an article suggesting that they replace NCAA basketball with the G-league

couldn't see it ever happening. NCAA basketball is a cashcow for so many universities. year in and year out, no matter how garbage some D-1 teams are, TV contracts during march madness alone, memorabilia, and alumni pour money back into school because of athletics.

that being said, hell yeah collegiate athletes should be compensated financially with more than full-rides

Last edited:
"After the Bulls won their third championship, the NBA launched an investigation into Jordan's gambling problems to check whether he had violated any league rules. Then, four months later Jordan stunned the world by suddenly retiring from professional basketball.

At the press conference when he was asked if he would ever return he said, " Five years down the road, if the urge comes back, if the Bulls will have me, if David Stern lets me back in the league, I may come back."

Now why in the world would Jordan ever say if David Stern lets him back, then maybe he would come back when the reporter didn't mention Stern's name at all in his question?"

Damn.

DBVXTyVU0AQeZ2Q.jpg

Was with otto porter yesterdya and he said hes re-signing figured he was just by the type of guy he is curious to see whay the wizards offer him

I don't ever wanna see any of you scrubs in the College Basketball Thread.

Talking about all these dudes should just go overseas and get paid instead of playing in big time nationally televised games that actually mean something in huge arenas before they move on to the big leagues.....since that really seemed like a fun time for Brandon Jennings, Jeremy Tyler, Mudiay and Terrance Ferguson.....

As long as they keep the dumb rules damn right we still gon be in the college thread ...only way to watch the top prospects since they forcing it :lol: :smh:

N u think Jennings , mudiay n Tyler mad they skipped out on a year of college to get extra dollars in their bank account ? Foh :lol:

Last edited:

Talking about all these dudes should just go overseas and get paid instead of playing in big time nationally televised games that actually mean something in huge arenas before they move on to the big leagues.....since that really seemed like a fun time for Brandon Jennings, Jeremy Tyler, Mudiay and Terrance Ferguson.....

Nah, I think most or us are saying **** a trash *** college game where both teams spend 20 seconds passing the ball around the 3 point line before taking a contested 20 footer. Let these kids go to the NBA and make millions while playing in televised games that really mean something.

Outside of Tyler, all these guys have benefited from not playing college basketball.

Never could really get into college ball because every time I try to watch a random game it's always a top team against some unranked losers who are probably biochem and physics majors that have no business on the floor with world class athletes

LOL the #1 pick is coming from a school that didn't make the damn CBI, college basketball doesn't mean **** in the grand scheme of things for real potential NBA guys.

And all those guys you highlighted at least got paid which is the point.

Outside of Tyler, all these guys have benefited from not playing college basketball.
And Even Tyler at least got some checks straight outta high school before even finding his way to the NBA

The easiest way to fix the G league is to increase salaries. At this point undrafted and FA's can go to China and make way more money.
This!!!!
@ 2:38 like this kinda talk from athletes themselves
Stack 5 - Ring

The Truth - Ring

T-Mac - First Round Legend 

T-Mac would be the one to get the money over a championship. He not accustomed to postseason success. 
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom