Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the few bright spots for the WIzards this year....

Washington Wizards forward Otto Porter finally outplayed Carmelo Anthony on Thursday night after getting bullied by the All-Star for years.

Coming out of Georgetown as the third overall pick in 2013, Otto Porter was considered a jack of all trades, master of none.

His mid-range game has always been reliable, he moved very well without the ball and helps on the glass. Porter, in many respects, embodies a traditional role player – someone who makes significant plays, but doesn’t always get the spotlight nor recognition on the boxscore.

This season, though, Porter has started to blossom.

For some reason, pundits believed Porter had a low ceiling. Since he lacks explosion and rarely makes a highlight worthy play, Porter tends to fly under the radar.

Washington Wizards’ Otto Porter Shut Down Carmelo Anthony

Random, but I'll always be amazed at Rose's inability to get back to an all star level.

B Roy, Grant, Penny lost everything physically. Rose is STILL more athletic than every PG besides Wall & Russ.

He went from a supernatural athlete to merely an elite one, and his game completely fell off a cliff. That's amazing to me.

Random, but I'll always be amazed at Rose's inability to get back to an all star level.

B Roy, Grant, Penny lost everything physically. Rose is STILL more athletic than every PG besides Wall & Russ.

He went from a supernatural athlete to merely an elite one, and his game completely fell off a cliff. That's amazing to me.

Obviously a mental thing.

You can see physically he still does things that only those two other guys can but its not even close to as consistent as it used to be.

Maybe it's because of all the injuries changing his style of play and it's also the amount of missed development in that time.

It's crazy because Russ had 3 knee surgeries and came back MORE explosive but he's an alien.

I waited for a while for that Rose to come back but it's obviously not happening.

Cxo-sTpWIAAQQVd.jpg

Obviously a mental thing.

You can see physically he still does things that only those two other guys can but its not even close to as consistent as it used to be.

Maybe it's because of all the injuries changing his style of play and it's also the amount of missed development in that time.

It's crazy because Russ had 3 knee surgeries and came back MORE explosive but he's an alien.

I waited for a while for that Rose to come back but it's obviously not happening.

I don't wanna say Rose is scared but once he gets to the rim he contorts his body to avoid contact. Someone that gets to the rim at will should be taking more than 2 FT's a game. It's definitely something mental holding him back.

Also, his jumper is so broke :x

Last edited:
I just don't think Rose is mentally strong enough to go back to his normal self.

He's been through a lot and to see yourself going from MVP to struggling is hard.

Joeuger says they're going small now and that cousins will play the 5

Didn't cousins literally just say he wanted to play the 4 and play with a shot blocking big?

This is going to work out for sure

Better than he is now. Better than he was the last time he was in the playoffs, where he averaged 20 and 6 even though he had only been playing for a month and a half :lol:

I'm only worried about his health. If nothing happens to disrupt his health, I'm not even worried.

Joeuger says they're going small now and that cousins will play the 5

Didn't cousins literally just say he wanted to play the 4 and play with a shot blocking big?

This is going to work out for sure

Sounds like a Joerger move.

His approach on how to handle players sucks.

I always go back and forth of how to use the kings in 2k.. can't decide who to pair boogie with wcs, kostas or gay at the 4

Usually end up going with wcs at the 5 boogie at the 4

Spurs, Mavs, and Pacers are in need of an upgrade at the PG spot. If Rondo can get a contract, so can Rose.

Spurs, Mavs, and Pacers are in need of an upgrade at the PG spot. If Rondo can get a contract, so can Rose.

I don't see the Spurs wanting a player like Rose at PG.

Don't really fit with the Pacers, either. Plus they have Teague

I can definitely see Dallas throwing money at him.

Last edited:

What exactly does Kyle Anderson do well?
Not make mistakes. When have you ever seen Kyle Anderson make a mistake?

I've never seen Kyle Anderson do anything. Every Spurs game the announcers pump him up like he's some great find, yet you barely notice he's even on the court. And he's not even one of those guys that's doing a lot of dirty work that you can't see on stat sheets. He's just a body in a Spurs uniform.

Last edited:
Derrick Rose is the best player on the Knicks. The only way the Knicks will have a semblance of playoff success is if Kristaps and Carmelo give the keys to Rose and let him lead the team and be the no.1 option.

The only really difference I see in Rose game is him not dunking. I dont even remember the last time homie dunked a ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom