Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

T-Pups still have a ways to go. Very poor communication defensively in transition, Towns didn't even contest that dunk by Horford :lol: , Rozier has been lights out from 3 just hit 1 & Rubio going waaay under the screen

Almost every game they keep having these long stretches where they completely forget how to play. It's puzzling.

Last edited:
I've quietly believed that Portland should have separated CJ and Dame. They're way too similar and small for that to actually work. I mean it's cute and all and makes for great highlights but that team could have benefitted from getting some real talent in return for CJ instead of locking him in like they did.

Dame has always had Steph curry like shot selection without the teammates or the results.

Agreed.

They probably could've worked out a 3-way deal with Utah + 3rd squad to get Favors.

I think getting Noel will do wonders for that team. Maybe Noel + picks for CJ. They were supposed to be rebuilding anyway but overachieved last year, kind of like the Suns a couple of years back.

Porzingis closing the gap between he & Towns :nerd: :smokin

As much as I'd like to believe this myself, I don't see it.

KAT is at another level of aggression with his approach. Porzingas is showing more finesse and a perimeter presence. I wish someone like KG could mentor the kid. He has the tools to be an incredible player.

it feels like he's regressed even from last year. He's shown ZERO improvement. Averaging 1.7 points per game. Defense has been nonexistent. Ever seen he popped off about Bron, he's been buns. i need young guys to show growth. Especially in this formidable years.

He has regressed.

Boy jump shot is trash, along with his ball handling is below average.

He looks a bit too big (muscle wise) to even move fluid. Muscle weight is not good on everyone.

Like I said before, we got trade pieces if needed. But I would stick it out until we see what we look like full strength.

As much as I'd like to believe this myself, I don't see it.

KAT is at another level of aggression with his approach. Porzingas is showing more finesse and a perimeter presence. I wish someone like KG could mentor the kid. He has the tools to be an incredible player.
He's a very good defender as well, he's just not getting as much time as C as he should be.

Also he's averaging 20ppg at 20yo on 50% shooting while playing good defense.  It doesn't get much better than that at this age.

Last edited:
I've quietly believed that Portland should have separated CJ and Dame. They're way too similar and small for that to actually work. I mean it's cute and all and makes for great highlights but that team could have benefitted from getting some real talent in return for CJ instead of locking him in like they did.

Dame has always had Steph curry like shot selection without the teammates or the results.

Ive said this since CJ blew up..trade that made to Philly or something and get back talent to build around Dame even more.

I've just written this in the Philly thread:

Noel + picks for CJ McCollum

Blazers are basically what everyone expected them to be last year. They vastly overachieved and paid the price by paying over 200 mil for a core that won't get you anywhere. They need to reset to re-building mode and McCollum's skillset is redundant to Dame. They are in dire need of a defensive presence and Noel will be a DPOY candidate for years to come. Dame and Noel on the pick and roll will be awesome. Plumlee and Leonard will also work well with Noel.

In my biased head, this makes too much sense for both teams, Noel and CJ (except if we end up drafting Fultz, but I am not betting on the unknown + we won 4 straight at home :lol: )

It will give Noel a chance to succeed and impact a team competing for the playoffs. I can definitely see Noel re-signing there.

Last edited:

It's situations like this that make me think that

A. a title isn't the goal

B. NOBODY in the organization is thinking forward about the future

As soon as LMA, Matthews, Batum, AND Lopez all walk in the same offseason you have to think that you just spent a first rounder on CJ & a TON of mins just opened up for him. If you believe in your scouting & development, you had to have seen this level of production coming from him with the increase in mins, so then going a step further now, you HAVE to move him for young, talented pieces, preferably a big like Noel, instead of signing him to a $100 mil contract, otherwise you've just given $200 mil to two 6'3" dudes & are asking them to lead you to the promised land. Even if you didn't foolishly sign Turner, even Crabbe, it's still a poor idea to have that duo on the books for 200 mil because that backcourt isn't winning a title. Pick one, obviously Dame, and move the other guy.

CJ's extension kicks in next year & their team payroll will be over $140 million & it'll stay around that mark for the next few years. Asinine.

Last edited:
Noel couldn't yield a top pick and in an awful draft.
Noel has a history of knee injuries.
Noel's defense numbers weren't great according to synergy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom