Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a great team defender still, his game has aged very well as he continues to get more effecient.

Dwight has regressed 3 years, has a history of injuries in his back and knees, can't shoot it from anywhere and has proven to be mentally volatile.

You go ahead with that champ.

actually horfords FG % has declined each of the last two seasons, how is he more efficient?

dwight is still a force on defense, in the 2015 playoffs he was a beast played through injury and put up crazy stats. last season he never got the ball

8.5 shot attempts per game, 13 points 12 rebs

horford last year

13 shot attempts per game, 15 points, 7 rebs

don't let any facts get in the way of your argument though.

He did get the ball, it's just that he'd never do anything when he got it. There were a good amount of times where he was stuffed at the rim (either by a defender or the rim itself), threw up lazy hapless layups, turned it over, or was fouled, leading to missed FTs. I know you can probably pull up some advanced stats to say something different, but I can't get fooled actually watching games.

I love that we can all pretty much agree that Boston is ho hum. Thread bringing people together like never before.

How many wins they get last year? 48? They'll finish with less than that and be in the bottom half of the bracket. I'd put money on it :nerd:

Most of these big money contracts gonna look real ugly when players begin to regress in 3-4 years.

New amnesty gonna be clutch

Last edited:
I love that we can all pretty much agree that Boston is ho hum. Thread bringing people together like never before.

How many wins they get last year? 48? They'll finish with less than that and be in the bottom half of the bracket. I'd put money on it :nerd:

Na they getting 50 wins just not going to beat the Cavs.

Can't wait to use it on Noah

Noah might play 55 games this year max.

Shame they going to let him slow Kristaps development at the 5.

It seemed inevitable he would be a Knick after we traded for Rose. I was fine with a 1 year deal, maybe even 2, for $12-15M/year.

Had to do a double take when I saw 4/$70M with no options :lol:

I had a bet with someone on here about a team finishing in the bottom 4... forget what the bet was

But write that in stone

Edit: it was Miami finishing in the bottom 5 or 4

Last edited:
I had a bet with someone on here about a team finishing in the bottom 4... forget what the bet was

But write that in stone

Edit: it was Miami finishing in the bottom 5 or 4
the bet was Miami has to finish between 1-11.
12 13 14 15 you win. Anything better I win.. 150. That's the bet

Last edited:
Last time I made a bet with a Lakers fan I never got my money.
laugh.gif

so you don't think Boston will be top 4. Ill bet you a bill they will.

It seemed inevitable he would be a Knick after we traded for Rose. I was fine with a 1 year deal, maybe even 2, for $12-15M/year.

Had to do a double take when I saw 4/$70M with no options :lol:

Classic Knicks deal, I thought ****** had turned the corner but I should've known.

His and Moz contracts going to look so trash.

I forget his name, but I made a bet with him too. He conveniently went ghost after the season was over.

I also have a bet that I wasn't paid one. Not sure if it was that guy though.

KAT

23/11/3/1/2 on 50% shooting 35% from 3.

All NBA 2nd Team.

Last edited:
I guess Coach Bud could tweak the system, but Dwight Howard doesn't seem like a good fit offensively. And there's a lot of pressure on Schroder and Millsap to perform. I can't see Korver being as good as 2015, either.

IIRC I think he also bet someone else that the Knicks would make the playoffs... and then they went 17-65 and finished dead last in the East.
laugh.gif

He was like nope, see ya later. Not paying all these bets.
laugh.gif

mean.gif

I guess Coach Bud could tweak the system, but Dwight Howard doesn't seem like a good fit offensively. And there's a lot of pressure on Schroder and Millsap to perform. I can't see Korver being as good as 2015, either.

I think Korver is pretty much done, he was never the same after the ankle and was already overachieving for his age.

Dennis is going to go through a lot of growing pains this year but I think that he can be their future PG if everything breaks correctly.

Milsap is going to be great because that's just who he is but he's also in the twilight of his prime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom