Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
These dudes arguing about Lebron and KDs decisions while I'm here enjoying the Warrriors season
smokin.gif
Its been fun so far. I'd like to see cheat code Curry come out though. Hasn't been a need with KD.

They also need to shore up that D but they'll be fine

Got no problem with stars playing where and with who they want.
I dislike the kd move because it's castrated curry my favorite player in the league. Those big and exciting performances are no more. He's deffering and I get it but To many stars on one team isn't that fun to watch for me. Warriors were more enjoyable to watch last year. That okc vs warriors series was legit. Wanted a rematch. Is what it is though.

Last edited:
mj had the least

not sure if yall old enough to remember them bulls rosters

Magic by far had the most when you look at his squad. EASILY your talking about two players who are arguably top 5 ever, along with other As on top of it. Bird and those celtics weren't far off

Mike on the other hand had some GREAT players around him man, Scottie Top 50 & had no holes in his game & could literally do it all on the floor, Rodman is one of the Best defenders & rebounders of all time. Came to him after already playing on a dynasty, Toni Kukoc in his prime, Horace grant early on.

Mike's early years were surely Lebron on the Cavs like, but once he was really winning he had a loaded squad also.

Kobe & shaq another tandem that arguably had two top 5 players ever, sure two of the top 10 ever. After that nothing but lifelong role players. Nobody on that squad were even sniffing an AS team or All anything. Second Run with Pau & Bynum they had a great overall team, but mind you Prior to Pau getting there he had NEVER won a singular playoff game, & Bynum was 3-4 years removed out of highschool (Kobe doesn't get nearly the amount of credit other do for making players around him better, but that's another convo)

Point is when the greats win they have greats around them, However Bron (& KD if he wins a ring) sat down looked at the league & made a conscious decision to team up with their rivals to win. doesn't mean they're not great, doesn't mean their not competitive but when your sitting in a convo with guys who ALL have multiple rings, ALL have big shots, ALL have amazing stats the small things like that will be discussed

Last edited:
No dudes aren't mad at people taking their own destiny, However when your ranking up amongst the GOATS it deserves to mentioned that during a time where people were starting to call LBJ the best player in the League, & giving him insane praise for making these players "better" he couldn't win at the highest level. So instead of just adding Good AS caliber players he teamed up with a guy who was top 5 in the league at the time & added another top 10-15 guy on top of that in a conference that was already weak.

It's def something notable when your comparing the careers of All time greats that's it. it's like dudes don't want to Criticize LBJ at all.

This times 1000000000000

mj had the least

not sure if yall old enough to remember them bulls rosters
The same Bulls that won 55 games (only two less than the previous season) the year after he left them than the previous year and were thrown out of the playoffs because one of the worst calls ever?

No dudes aren't mad at people taking their own destiny, However when your ranking up amongst the GOATS it deserves to mentioned that during a time where people were starting to call LBJ the best player in the League, & giving him insane praise for making these players "better" he couldn't win at the highest level. So instead of just adding Good AS caliber players he teamed up with a guy who was top 5 in the league at the time & added another top 10-15 guy on top of that in a conference that was already weak.

It's def something notable when your comparing the careers of All time greats that's it. it's like dudes don't want to Criticize LBJ at all.
but why is lebron expected to do everything by himself?
idc who you are it's going to be extremely tough to win anything with mo williams as your second option.
throw mj that same criticism too because he didn't win anything until pippen developed

I dislike the kd move because it's castrated curry my favorite player in the league. Those big and exciting performances are no more. He's deffering and I get it but To many stars on one team isn't that fun to watch for me. Warriors were more enjoyable to watch last year. That okc vs warriors series was legit. Wanted a rematch. Is what it is though.

when he broke the record after missing all of his 3s the game before was the most exciting thing ive seen. Having Klay put up 60 that was crazy exciting. They are still playing some exciting basketball and curry is still putting up numbers so im here for it lol

nvm just read your other post. you hit it on the head :pimp: while I still disagree to a certain extent you make a great point

Roberson is a top5 Defender, for sure.

He needs to do nothing in practice except shoot jumpers.

He also needs to make All NBA 1st team.

.....he might be a top3 defender, but let's just top5 him, for now.

when he broke the record after missing all of his 3s the game before was the most exciting thing ive seen. Having Klay put up 60 that was crazy exciting. They are still playing some exciting basketball and curry is still putting up numbers so im here for it lol
nothing like last year.. Those were two dope performances for sure but Durant eats before everyone else for the most part on A nightly basis.

Last edited:
but why is lebron expected to do everything by himself?
idc who you are it's going to be extremely tough to win anything with mo williams as your second option.
throw mj that same criticism too because he didn't win anything until pippen developed

Nobody is expected to do it himself but i didn't create these narratives people were trying to annoit him one of the Goats w/o putting in the work at that time.
also when people are discussing you as one of the GOATS it really shouldn't take you teaming up with a top 5 guy & another AS to win, it just comes off as not really wanting the challenge.

The year he left, the only team in his way was Orlando who had an inferior superstar and the same kind of role players if not worse than Cleveland.

MJ escapes that criticism because he continued to battle until he & his team improved enough to make the transition to a great team. He didn't call up Hakeem & Clyde to skip the process & completely dominate the conference. This is not to say LBJ didn't put in work, but adding the 1st & 2nd best player in the conference to one team NUKED and parody in the East.

I feel like Cavs could sign Nate Rob and be set.

He brings the right kind of energy and playmaking ability.

Nobody is expected to do it himself but i didn't create these narratives people were trying to annoit him one of the Goats w/o putting in the work at that time.
also when people are discussing you as one of the GOATS it really shouldn't take you teaming up with a top 5 guy & another AS to win, it just comes off as not really wanting the challenge.

The year he left, the only team in his way was Orlando who had an inferior superstar and the same kind of role players if not worse than Cleveland.

MJ escapes that criticism because he continued to battle until he & his team improved enough to make the transition to a great team. He didn't call up Hakeem & Clyde to skip the process & completely dominate the conference. This is not to say LBJ didn't put in work, but adding the 1st & 2nd best player in the conference to one team NUKED and parody in the East.
rashard lewis
vince
jameer
redick
is not worse than anything lebron had lol
so basically mj escapes the criticism because he had a competent front office and lebron didn't?
pippen was a top 5 guy and horace/rodman were all star players so how is that any different?
and he didn't nuke the eastern conference
miami was mediocre the year before he went and i don't even think toronto was a playoff team
I think alot of older cats are mad because lebron is the only person in the post jordan era to actually live up to and surpass the hype and that scares people

Last edited:
I dislike the kd move because okc was up 3-1 in that series, and it was mostly through his own doing that the Warriors came back. His own team firmly had them on the ropes, and he choked it away, only to join that team he choked against.

So Kyle Korver is that dude? Thought he shot his load a couple seasons ago. I had no idea he was that coveted of a player, smh.

rashard lewis
vince
jameer
redick
is not worse than anything lebron had lol
so basically mj escapes the criticism because he had a competent front office and lebron didn't?
pippen was a top 5 guy and horace/rodman were all star players so how is that any different?
and he didn't nuke the eastern conference
miami was mediocre the year before he went and i don't even think toronto was a playoff team
I think alot of older cats are mad because lebron is the only person in the post jordan era to actually live up to and surpass the hype and that scares people

Actually I'm more of a fan of Kobe then mike personally but point blank... MJ is the greatest to ever do it & LBJ has not accomplished enough for this to even be debatable. i've listed these reasons time & time again through the years. he's gonna finish with close if not better stats then Mike, but he's gonna have to do some incredible things in the years coming to be on that plateau. Best of luck to him but son got a long way to go.

SMH at the Warriors for blowing that lead, one win away from ending this discussion forever :smh:

Also i just Reread your Statement about Orlando.... And all i gotta say is Stop Gassing it

1)Vince wasn't on that Squad
2) Jameer was hurt, Rafer alston was starting
3) JJ Reddick of that year is not JJ of today, he was averaging a whopping 9 minutes per game :lol:

that Magic team That he lost to was

Skip
Pietrus
Rashard
Hedo
Dwight

the only players who got more than 10 mpg off the Bench in that series were Courtney Lee & Anthony Johnson. And he was Favorited so heavy to win that Nike set up an entire add campaign around their dream match up of Kobe Vs Lebron..... and he ****** it up

Last edited:

+1

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom