Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

Damn was hoping he'd fight sooner, don't understand the long layoff these fighters gotta become more active to build more buzz

Yeah same thing I said I told EM damn I was hoping September, he said it's somewhere around there but his guess would be October. Can't believe his last fight was in Jan. Smh

Floyd, tbh. I really can't recall anyone saying they were the greatest because they were unbeaten, maybe Roy but I'm not sure. Or anyone thinking they weren't great because they had been beaten.

Floyd, tbh. I really can't recall anyone saying they were the greatest because they were unbeaten, maybe Roy but I'm not sure. Or anyone thinking they weren't great because they had been beaten.

We all know he uses that to piss people off to sale fights. Its a shame that fighters only see the 0 as a reason to look at Floyd. They forget back in the day he was fearless fighting anyone looking for a challenge and while doing it made it look easy, everyrimt he was doubted he came out on top and did it convincingly but he did get a gift in a fight he could've and many believe shoulve lost. I hope Thurman stays true to his word and gives us great fights going forward unlike canelo smh. Even pacquiao was fearless and had an amazing run at welterweight that shudnt be overlooked

We all know he uses that to piss people off to sale fights. Its a shame that fighters only see the 0 as a reason to look at Floyd. They forget back in the day he was fearless fighting anyone looking for a challenge and while doing it made it look easy, everyrimt he was doubted he came out on top and did it convincingly but he did get a gift in a fight he could've and many believe shoulve lost. I hope Thurman stays true to his word and gives us great fights going forward unlike canelo smh. Even pacquiao was fearless and had an amazing run at welterweight that shudnt be overlooked
I don't think any of us will deny that. His comic book heel persona used the "0" as claims to being the greatest. I'm saying he used that as a schtick and now we have fighters that actually believe in that when it simply isn't true.

I don't think any of us will deny that. His comic book heel persona used the "0" as claims to being the greatest. I'm saying he used that as a schtick and now we have fighters that actually believe in that when it simply isn't true.

No disagreement here.

Just hate that all they see is the le last 6 years and not the other 14 like many of the newer fans to boxing. Back then I didn't care if sweet p lost a fight I still wanted to see that man in the ring. Dlh did not beat him nor did JCC.

How much did Thurman make from 3.1 million free viewers? I think he has found a niche that works. Put GGG and canelo on free TV CBS and ABC would be fighting for that fight

Mike Lane ‏@MikeLane__  31m31 minutes ago
@TheFightGuru @ChrisEubankJr @ChrisEubank why the stalling for Chris?? Are Sky to blame??

Christopher Eubank ‏@ChrisEubank  29m29 minutes ago
Christopher Eubank Retweeted Mike Lane
No, Sky are are good to go. We are waiting for  @MatchroomBoxing                 #English
 Top Rank Boxing ‏@trboxing  30m30 minutes ago
THIS JUST IN: @RamireZurdo just suffered a hand injury in training and is unable to fight July 23rd on the #CrawfordPostol card.
I wouldn't mind seeing Zurdo wash JCC Jr sometime during the fall. 

Mike Lane ‏@MikeLane__  31m31 minutes ago

@TheFightGuru @ChrisEubankJr @ChrisEubank why the stalling for Chris?? Are Sky to blame??

Christopher Eubank ‏@ChrisEubank  29m29 minutes ago

Christopher Eubank Retweeted Mike Lane

No, Sky are are good to go. We are waiting for  @MatchroomBoxing                 #English

Top Rank Boxing ‏@trboxing  30m30 minutes ago

THIS JUST IN: @RamireZurdo just suffered a hand injury in training and is unable to fight July 23rd on the #CrawfordPostol card.

I wouldn't mind seeing Zurdo wash JCC Jr sometime during the fall. 

I thought JLeon Love and Chavez Jr are negotiating to fight. Won't surprise me if Love beats and retires Chavez Jr.

Last edited:
WOW Golovkin vs Brook officially set for September 10th at O2 arena. Talk about out of left field. Apparently Eubank got cold feet.

Brook must not be able to make 147 or he doesn't care about life anymore and has a death wish.

I'm a huge Golovkin fan, but I don't like this fight at all.

Disappointed that the best fight he could get was against a welterweight considering it is a little too similar to Canela's fight against Khan. Though Golovkin isn't a big middleweight and Brook has a decent chin and power, I just can't get down.

Last edited:
Man i think GGG is just gona fight anyone they put in front of him no matter the size.

Im disappointed in this decision tho. 2 rd KO.

I cant get jiggy wit this.

The fight has Golovkin defending his titles, so no catchweight. Golovkin is strongly against catchweight fights per all his comments on Canelo. Only time he has said he'd entertain it was with Floyd because of all the potential money.

Brook is a big welterweight... he could easily move up. I'm not sure if he could hug his way out of this fight though. But I'm intrigued.

Hey I'll watch it. Glad a decent boxer stepped up to fight Gennady.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom