Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

I have this weird feeling Spence will be KO'd one day in the same fashion John Jackson did against Andy Lee.

I was thinking the same a while back. I think it is the way he stands when he has his opponent against the ropes. If it were to happen, it will probably when he is fighting at 154.

For him that's 8-12 more fights, which seems like a good spot to retire. He isn't one of those dudes that only fights once or twice a year.

Luis ortiz is no longer wit golden boy [emoji]128526[/emoji]

Last i saw, he was on the canelo card.

I hope he still is.

This is one heavyweight i truly enjoy watchin.

Last edited:
Nah read somewhere Ustinov's promoter won the purse bid and the fights gon be in mother Russia sometime later this year. Whats up with all the Cubans (gamboa, rigo, and now Ortiz) having promotional issues?

I've heard rumors that those small time co-promoters these guys are associated with are fronts that basically extort these dudes for helping them defect.

There's a rumour that it's not Ortiz who has the problem with GB, it's his teams doing.

I've heard rumors that those small time co-promoters these guys are associated with are fronts that basically extort these dudes for helping them defect.

There's a rumour that it's not Ortiz who has the problem with GB, it's his teams doing.

RIght, I was thinking the same. I know these dudes standards and demands can't be that high they come from extreme poverty. It has to be someone else raising these issues. :smh:

Last edited:
Odds for tonight

Guerrero -2575
Peralta +1300

Angulo -925
Hernandez +550

Money was to be made tonight boys, smh. Both those fools are shot to ****, i enjoyed watching them both in their heyday but its time to hang em up.

Odds for tonight

Guerrero -2575
Peralta +1300

Angulo -925
Hernandez +550

Money was to be made tonight boys, smh. Both those fools are shot to ****, i enjoyed watching them both in their heyday but its time to hang em up.

My book had Guerrero close at -7000 un*******believeable. :smh:

Last edited:
For real, I threw a $1 down on Peralta just for the hell of it at +3000. Feel like an idiot for not throwing down more lol, idc who the opponent is Guerrero should never be that big of a favoeite

This is proof that Danny Garcia ruins fighters

Kendall Holt
Amir Khan
Erik Morales
Zab Judah
Lucas Matthysse
Mauricio Herrera
Robert Guerrero

Peterson arguably lost to Felix Diaz and Malignaggi has won his fights against stiffs.

Last edited:
This is proof that Danny Garcia ruins fighters

Kendall Holt
Amir Khan
Erik Morales
Zab Judah
Lucas Matthysse
Mauricio Herrera
Robert Guerrero

Peterson arguably lost to Felix Diaz and Malignaggi has won his fights against stiffs.

Meh.. Morales, Judah, and Guerrero were on their way out anyways. Herrera beat gift, and got bopped again vs Benavidez.

Matthysse and Khan yea lol.

Last edited:
I like Danny and think he gets a lot more hate than he deserves but the truth is that his team does a great job of matchmaking and selling his fights.

At the end of the day, his big wins were either 1) gift decisions against Peterson and Herrera who did not look good in some fights before & after he fought them, 2) washed up fighters (Judah, Guerrero, Morales, Holt, Campbell) or overrated fighters (IMO) who had previously been exposed b4 fighting Danny (Khan getting blasted by Prescott, Matthyse losing to Alexander & Judah). I think these guys losing after fighting Danny has more to do with them being overrated to begin with than with Danny "ruining" them.

With that being said, I still think Danny is a great fighter but he won't really win me over as being "elite" until he decisively beats a top welterweight.

Last edited:
I like Danny and think he gets a lot more hate than he deserves but the truth is that his team does a great job of matchmaking and selling his fights.

At the end of the day, his big wins were either 1) gift decisions against Peterson and Herrera who did not look good in some fights before & after he fought them, 2) washed up fighters (Judah, Guerrero, Morales, Holt, Campbell) or overrated fighters (IMO) who had previously been exposed b4 fighting Danny (Khan getting blasted by Prescott, Matthyse losing to Alexander & Judah). I think these guys losing after fighting Danny has more to do with them being overrated to begin with than with Danny "ruining" them.

With that being said, I still think Danny is a great fighter but he won't really win me over as being "elite" until he decisively beats a top welterweight.

I was kidding bro kind of like how people used to say nobody is the same after fighting B-Hop, win lose, or draw. But 100% agree with what you said.

Haha word bro. Going back to the Guerrero fight, its crazy how he actually lost to an Argentinian cab driver [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Haha word bro. Going back to the Guerrero fight, its crazy how he actually lost to an Argentinian cab driver [emoji]128514[/emoji]

In California at that. since they didn't count the knockdown... all he had to do was legitimately win 4 rounds and make 2 look close. He just lost his chance at a few decent Haymon paydays vs the likes of Broner and Khan.

And to think he beat some cab driver then Berto to get a shot at Floyd.

I guess his days of top contender at 147 are over lolololololol

And to think he beat some cab driver then Berto to get a shot at Floyd.

I guess his days of top contender at 147 are over lolololololol

He was top 10 p4p at some point if I recall. I just watched the entire fight and it was flat out pathetic, I am fairly confident that Mike Alvarado would've beaten them both last night.

Back
Top Bottom