OFFICIAL 2016 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

Anyone think Randall Cobb is a bounceback candidate this year? He was always a beast when Nelson was healthy. feel like he's under the radar this year

I think Randall Cobb will be a fine wr2. Some guys are just not a number one wide receiver on an NFL team. And he fits into that category. Same with Decker. As the number one wide receiver on a team he cannot do it but put him as a number two wide receiver on an NFL team and he will put up good numbers

Last edited:
i like Cobb a lot because of where he is going. 

im seeing him go rounds 3-4.

that means he could potentially be your flex in a ppr league if you already have 2 wr and a rb.

My main money draft is set for Sept. 5. We usually don't know our draft pick until the day of so pretty much have to be prepared for anything :lol:

We didn't want to wait until 30 minutes before. Majority of us happened to be out last Friday together so we picked paper out of a napkin basket at the bar :lol:

I like Cobb making a comeback also

Lacy I don't know what to think of really

Steal at where he is going if he bounces back

I like Cobb making a comeback also

Lacy I don't know what to think of really

Steal at where he is going if he bounces back
i honestly love lacy this year.

his weight loss regimen with Tony Horton (p90x) and hes in a contract year.

i dont know how RBs who have lost 20lbs in the offseason fare...but i would have to say its more positive than negative.

if i go WR/WR i wouldnt mind at all having Lacy as my RB1 

I have a top 6 pick in my 12 man two keeper league with Julio and Gurley as my keepers...how would you rank these players that will be available to me for my first pick?

David Johnson, Hopkins, Elliot, Alshon, Jordy, McCoy, Ingram, Evans and B-Marsh

And for my next two picks?

Edelman, Tate, Hilton, Cobb, Moncrief, Decker, Baldwin, Kelvin and Maclin

Last edited:
What do you guys think about Elliot's ADP?

Dude is going super early
you cant go by me lol i wrote a pretty lengthy response earlier on this page or the last.

im considering taking him as high as 3rd overall. 

depending on how his hamstring and the rest of the preseason plays out of course.

but IMO theres no situation better for a RB this year than Zeke.

you can argue DJ but theres something i dont like about Arians when it comes to his RBs.

theres always that thought he could be this years gurley

romo gonna romo and that could mean more production from him

but at the same time he could get overwhelmed and very well lose reps 

Last edited:
I HATE using high picks on players that have hamstring problems in training camp/preseason. That **** always seems to linger and you have to go into every week praying that the hamstring doesn't start acting up again. Elliot, Forte and Alshon scare me because of that.

I HATE using high picks on players that have hamstring problems in training camp/preseason. That **** always seems to linger and you have to go into every week praying that the hamstring doesn't start acting up again. Elliot, Forte and Alshon scare me because of that.
i agree but on the flipside OBJ has been battling hammy issues since he entered the league

i like Cobb a lot because of where he is going. 

im seeing him go rounds 3-4.

that means he could potentially be your flex in a ppr league if you already have 2 wr and a rb.
Big point here.

In almost every case you should be trying to fill your flex position as soon as possible in every draft.

i'm hoping to land cobb, ingram, cooks or cooper to pair with ab84, gurley and aj or Julio in my keeper league. I prefer to have a WR fill out my flex spot so im hoping for one of those guys. if not then ingram will do. I also lose a 3rd and a 5th pick so my 2nd pick is pretty crucial.

Last edited:
someone convince me on why to not write off Ingram in a PPR draft.

i never feel comfortable drafting Saints players and to me theres no wow factor with Ingram

he seems to be hanging around the end of the 2nd round

Last edited:

i agree but on the flipside OBJ has been battling hammy issues since he entered the league
obj went undrafted in most fantasy leagues his rookie year

elltiot is gonna be someones first round pick

elltiot is gonna be someones first round pick

Sucks to be that guy

g138126905174655302.jpg

someone convince me on why to not write off Ingram in a PPR draft.

i never feel comfortable drafting Saints players and to me theres no wow factor with Ingram

he seems to be hanging around the end of the 2nd round

Check what he did last year in PPR formats. As consistent as they came.

He's gets goal line work and is a staple in the passing game. No one is a threat to his production in NO, either.

Check what he did last year in PPR formats. As consistent as they came.

He's gets goal line work and is a staple in the passing game. No one is a threat to his production in NO, either.

Exactly. Ingram's floor is extremely high. He's so damn consistent and is actually a good pass catcher now too.

I'm normally a big proponent of waiting to be one of the last guys to draft a TE, but don't sleep on drafting two of them in the early-mid rounds and filling your flex with one if your roster format allows it.

Over the past few years, high scoring TEs have increased, and the TE5 has finished no worse than WR21. Something like Jordan Reed in the 3rd/4th and any of Travis Kelce/Delanie Walker/Coby Fleener in the 5th/6th could prove to be deadly. Both because Jordan Reed could get hurt and ruin it :lol:, or because you'd essentially have a WR1/2 at your TE and flex positions.

Check these articles for a more detailed analysis:

http://rotoviz.com/2016/06/fantasy-football-te-strategy/
http://rotoviz.com/2016/07/why-im-a-convert-to-the-two-te1-strategy/

They both deal with Best Ball leagues but the concepts can definitely be applied to normal leagues.

Last edited:
I'm normally a big proponent of waiting to be one of the last guys to draft a TE, but don't sleep on drafting two of them in the early-mid rounds and filling your flex with one if your roster format allows it.

Over the past few years, high scoring TEs have increased, and the TE5 has finished no worse than WR21. Something like Jordan Reed in the 3rd/4th and any of Travis Kelce/Delanie Walker/Coby Fleener in the 5th/6th could prove to be deadly. Both because Jordan Reed could get hurt and ruin it
laugh.gif
, or because you'd essentially have a WR1/2 at your TE and flex positions.

They both deal with Best Ball leagues but the concepts can definitely be applied to normal leagues.
Can you post the TE strategy article?  I dont have an account or available email address.

Over the past few years, high scoring TEs have increased, and the TE5 has finished no worse than WR21. Something like Jordan Reed in the 3rd/4th and any of Travis Kelce/Delanie Walker/Coby Fleener in the 5th/6th could prove to be deadly. Both because Jordan Reed could get hurt and ruin it :lol: , or because you'd essentially have a WR1/2 at your TE and flex positions.

Can you post the TE strategy article?  I dont have an account or available email address.
There's charts and graphs so it wouldnt translate well if i copied it to here. Use private or incognito mode in your web browser to check it out. It'll bypass the pay wall.

Man if Delanie Walker lasts til my 6th or 7th round pick I'll be hype.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom