OFFICIAL 2016 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

I will at least change up my mock strategy and see how my teams look with AB going first. 

It burns the skin taking a WR first though...... 

Ill give it a whirl though.

I will at least change up my mock strategy and see how my teams look with AB going first. 

I don't know why.  Antonio brown scored 20 more points than any other non-quarterback last year in a standard league.  There is a reason why he is projected by damn near everyone to be the number 1 pick.  

Gurley is great dont get me wrong, but he is on a team that has next to no passing game, and if their defense gives up points early he is basically worthless because all they are doing is passing.  Not sure how your waiver system works, but if it is a rolling waiver system, just save your waiver until someone gets hurt then pick the backup.

I have a feeling Arian Foster is done for. He looked really old in the snaps he was on the field the other night.
Yeah he did look a little rusty. i'm hoping that's all it was - rust :lol:.

It's definitely tough if you're used to the "tried and true" method of drafting RB heavy in the early rounds. But it may be necessary :lol:. That shouldn't be the tried and true draft strategy anymore.

Even in standard leagues, the top RBs are almost always outscored by the lower end WR1s, and that disparity becomes even greater as you get further down the line. Most WR3s and even some WR4s will outscore even the best RB2s (and some RB1s).

Last edited:
Yeah he did look a little rusty. i'm hoping that's all it was - rust
laugh.gif
It's definitely tough but it may be necessary
laugh.gif
. Even in standard leagues, the top RBs are almost always outscored by the lower end WR1s, and that disparity becomes even greater as you get further down the line.
Exactly.  I went into my draft think I was going to go WR first (I traded for the first overall pick to take Antonio Brown) and then was planning on a combo of RB/WR in round 2 and three, but by the time it go to me, there were too many good WR's left.  I ended up going WR/WR/WR in the first 3 rounds and dont feel bad about it at all.  There are some other people who went RB/RB/RB in the first 3 rounds.  I'm willing to be that those people will have 1, maybe 2 of those RB's by the end of the year.

Not to mention I watched a guy take Dion Lewis with their 6th round pick the other day.  The next morning it was announced that he needed knee surgery.

Last edited:
Did another draft last night for my personal league with close friends. It was an offline draft. 12 man .5 ppr league. I had the 10th pick and Hopkins slipped to me and then I snaked back and grabbed Gronk.

Curious as to what you guys think about this squad as my RB's look terrible ( My first RB I took is Matthews which was the 58th pick and snaked back and took Woodhead as my 63rd pick.)

Also I don't know how I feel about Phil Rivers as my QB

Did another draft last night for my personal league with close friends. It was an offline draft. 12 man .5 ppr league. I had the 10th pick and Hopkins slipped to me and then I snaked back and grabbed Gronk.

Curious as to what you guys think about this squad as my RB's look terrible ( My first RB I took is Matthews which was the 58th pick and snaked back and took Woodhead as my 63rd pick.)

Also I don't know how I feel about Phil Rivers as my QB
Is James white available?  I would take a flier on him.

^^ Rivers will be just fine. WR/TE are great. Don't worry about your RBs. They look terrible now but when Doug Martin gets hurt in week 4 and Devonta Freeman loses his job in week 5 you'll be really happy you took Charles Sims and Tevin Coleman. And Jonathan Stewart playing a full season two years in a row? Don't think so, so Artis-Payne will be good to have. If just one of those scenarios pans out, you'll be good to go. As for your current starters, for as long as Mathews stays healthy, he'll be solid. And Woodhead is a viable RB2 in PPR.

Last edited:

Is James white available?  I would take a flier on him.
I wish I did take him as a flier, one my buddies took him earlier than I wanted.
^^ Rivers will be just fine. WR/TE are great. Don't worry about your RBs. They look terrible now but when Doug Martin gets hurt in week 4 and Devonta Freeman loses his job in week 5 you'll be really happy you took Charles Sims and Tevin Coleman. And Jonathan Stewart playing a full season two years in a row? Don't think so, so Artis-Payne will be good to have. As for your current starters, for as long as Mathews stays healthy, he'll be solid. And Woodhead is a viable RB2 in PPR.
Thanks for the input my dude (Gotta rep for a fellow XO brother in The Weeknd thread)

Yeah it was tough reviewing my draft last night and seeing the RB's kinda hurt my feelings but like you said I tried to take their handcuffs and see if they can steal the job or the starter possibly getting hurt.

What's Hopkin's usual ADP? I was surprised his slipped to 10 or is that where he usually is at?

XO&FFTWOD :nthat: :lol:.

Hopkins ADP is right around 5-6 so you definitely got a steal there. Who went before him? I'm assuming AB, Julio, ODB. Maybe David Johnson, Gurley, AP but I can't think of anyone else who would go other than those guys.

Last edited:
XO&FFTWOD
nthat.gif
laugh.gif

Hopkins ADP is right around 5-6 so you definitely got a steal there. Who went before him? I'm assuming AB, Julio, ODB. Maybe David Johnson, Gurley, AP but I can't think of anyone else who would go other than those guys.
AB, Julio, ODB, AP, David Johnson, Gurley, Bell, AJ Green, JC, and then I got Hopkins

I have a feeling Arian Foster is done for. He looked really old in the snaps he was on the field the other night.

Those are the exact words used from the analyst on the NFL channel. I would give it a couple more weeks for him to settle in. It is way too early to make that assumption

^ I'd maybe consider dropping Riddick for him. I hate making post-draft, pre-season roster moves though.

Those are the exact words used from the analyst on the NFL channel. I would give it a couple more weeks for him to settle in. It is way too early to make that assumption
Agreed.  He is just coming off of surgery on a new team.  I can't get behind writing him off already.

You guys thoughts on Tyrod Taylor this season?

I chose Tyrod over Rivers as my primary QB (had Rivers last season and he fell off a huge cliff 2nd half of season).

Also nabbed Winston as a backup, hoping for a breakout season this year. 

Our QB's get 6pts per TD, FYI

You guys thoughts on Tyrod Taylor this season?

I chose Tyrod over Rivers as my primary QB (had Rivers last season and he fell off a huge cliff 2nd half of season).

Also nabbed Winston as a backup, hoping for a breakout season this year. 

Our QB's get 6pts per TD, FYI

I like Tyrod a lot if Watkins and McCoy stay healthy. Jameis and Mariota should both be good backup options for anybody in fantasy this year.

10 man league, 0.5 PPR. $200 auction draft. What's the max you guys would bid on Brown, OBJ, and Julio?

I honestly think I might take 3 WR with my first 3 picks

Screw it

OBJ then whoever else falls to me

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with going 3 wide receivers. Depending on how sharp your league is you'll start with obj, and the combination of cooks, Cooper, or Evans.

Nothing wrong with going 3 wide receivers. Depending on how sharp your league is you'll start with obj, and the combination of cooks, Cooper, or Evans.
 What if you went WR first FOUR rounds being AJ/Arob/Evans/Cooper? 12-team standard scoring, 20 yds receiving = 1pt  
nerd.gif

Also, our league scores 6pts per passing TD for QB's. How high would you guys start drafting elite QB's i.e. Cam, Rodgers, Wilson, Brees etc. My strategy has always been wait towards later rounds, which I did again this year and it netted me Tyrod & Winston as my backup.

Curious on other thoughts...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom