OFFICIAL 2016 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

If anyone runs a 12 team league, I'm in one where the playoff settings are pretty cool.

Rather than the default 6 teams, 2 byes, we do 7 teams 1 bye. Only 1 division, and the 7th team gets in based on total points scored, not record. Adds sort of a wild card element to it. That team actually won the championship last year.

Just something to think about if you're looking to add a different element to your league.

What do you guys think

Pick 1
Moncrief vs Detroit
Tate@ Indy

Pick 1
Rams D @ Niners
Philly D vs Browns

Got offered Big Ben, Rashad Jennings, and Willie Snead for my Ryan Fitzpatrick, CJ Anderson, and Julian Edelman in my two-QB league. Ben was his first round pick since QBs go fast, though he did probably take him slightly early.

I'm trying to downgrade either Anderson (my RB2) to Latavius Murray (my RB3) or Edelman (my WR3) to Jordan Matthews (my WR4), but I'm not sure if he'll budge.

What do you guys think?
Thats a horrible trade for you.  I like big ben but he is way to injury prone to gut your team for him.  Is there special scoring for quarterbacks in this league (TD's worth more, bonuses for certain amounts of passing yards, etc?)

Thats a horrible trade for you.  I like big ben but he is way to injury prone to gut your team for him.  Is there special scoring for quarterbacks in this league (TD's worth more, bonuses for certain amounts of passing yards, etc?)
No there isn't. Yeah I thought it was a little much, I'd be willing to take a hit at one position and a smaller one at the other, but not such a big one at both.

I just don't want to end up having two of Frank Gore, Jordan Matthews, or Latavius Murray scoring solid points on my bench each week which is why I'm trying to upgrade my QB and okay with taking a slight hit. I was trying to get his Stafford, which would be a cheaper price, but I guess he's trading him to another team.

Last edited:

No there isn't. Yeah I thought it was a little much, I'd be willing to take a hit at one position and a smaller one at the other, but not such a big one at both.

I just don't want to end up having two of Frank Gore, Jordan Matthews, or Latavius Murray scoring solid points on my bench each week which is why I'm trying to upgrade my QB and okay with taking a slight hit. I was trying to get his Stafford, which would be a cheaper price, but I guess he's trading him to another team.
If I am you and you really wanted to trade, I would wait until someones stud running back inevitably gets hurt and offer them a trade while they are desperate.  Also, more than likely one of your starters will be hurt at some point in the season so the depth doesn't hurt.

What do you guys think

Pick 1
Moncrief vs Detroit
Tate@ Indy

Pick 1
Rams D @ Niners
Philly D vs Browns

Tate and Rams

Got offered Big Ben, Rashad Jennings, and Willie Snead for my Ryan Fitzpatrick, CJ Anderson, and Julian Edelman in my two-QB league. Ben was his first round pick since QBs go fast, though he did probably take him slightly early.

I'm trying to downgrade either Anderson (my RB2) to Latavius Murray (my RB3) or Edelman (my WR3) to Jordan Matthews (my WR4), but I'm not sure if he'll budge.

What do you guys think?

No flexibility is key and you have it with with Murray and Matthews. Things will happen as the season progresses and you'll need those bench players to step up.

Presume both start, who's the better player to plug in.

Standard nonppr weak 1

Christine Michael or Ware?

Rawls is 100% and starting...Michael will get some carries but not enough where you'd wanna start him. Ware is definitely starting and the Chargers defense sucks.

Rawls always gets hurt, don't like how he runs all the time.

I took CM on a super late round flyer, just in case kind of thing.

Here's my final roster:

QB Jameis Winston
RB Jonathan Stewart
RB Latavius Murray
WR Emmanuel Sanders
TE Antonio Gates
FL Danny Woodhead
D/ST Broncos
K Dan Bailey

Bench Cam Newton
Bench Le'Veon Bell
Bench Jordan Matthews
Bench Michael Crabtree
Bench Julius Thomas
Bench Patriots D/ST
Bench Dorial Green-Beckham

I have a trade offer where I would send Le'Veon Bell and receive Giovani Bernard and Shane Vereen. I'm thinking about declining it. What do y'all think?

Rawls always gets hurt, don't like how he runs all the time.

I took CM on a super late round flyer, just in case kind of thing.

I love the way Rawls runs the ball and last year was his rookie season...he was leading the league in YPC before breaking his ankle. That was his only injury in either the pros or college that I can think of.

I have Lacy and Stewart as my RB 1 and 2, AB and Alshon as my WR 1 and 2, and Baldwin as my Flex. I have Ware on my bench, should I make any adjustments?

Presume both start, who's the better player to plug in.

Standard nonppr weak 1

Christine Michael or Ware?

Rawls is 100% and starting...Michael will get some carries but not enough where you'd wanna start him. Ware is definitely starting and the Chargers defense sucks.
Pete Carroll said today that he doesn't wanna rush Rawls back and that he'll be ready to start "in the next couple weeks." - http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/...awks-will-proceed-carefully-with-thomas-rawls

While that wouldn't make me start Michael, I wouldn't be so sure of starting Rawls either.

As for your question, I'd go Ware no doubt.

Last edited:
I have Lacy and Stewart as my RB 1 and 2, AB and Alshon as my WR 1 and 2, and Baldwin as my Flex. I have Ware on my bench, should I make any adjustments?
Standard or PPR?  I would think about starting Ware over baldwin in standard.

Here are my two teams from this past week drafts.

14 TM-

Kirk Cousins/Tom Brady

Wr-Antonio Brown

Wr-Brandon Marshall

Rb-R Jennings

Rb-TJ Yeldon

Flex-Mike Evans

TE- Z Ertz

BENCH- Melvin Gordon, S Ware, C Michael, J McKinnon, T Benjamin, C Walford

12 TM-

Matt Ryan

Wr-AJ Green