OFFICIAL 2016 @MiamiHEAT SEASON THREAD::::

cap goes up next year. now u need to sign a top tier FA just to replace wade, instead of adding on to compliment him. everyone saying go after westbrook next year, but if we dont land him... then what? smh it was a BAD gamble. and we lost.

The point you are not getting is once Wade was sogned there was no longer a max slot for anybody else moving forward. Resigning Wade would have effectively taken us out of all free agent conversations for the next 2 years.

To say the Heat disrespected Wade is going too far. No one forced that man to opt out 2 years ago, that was on LeBron. Last year he got a fair deal at $20 million coming off a year he only played 66 games. The Heat were willing to offer the rest of their cap for a 35 year old aging shooting guard. The 2 years at $20 million is fair, especially considering he signed off on a deal worth only $7 million more in an income tax state. I think he didn't want to be in Miami becasue he felt a way about the Heat going after Durant.

But why feel disrespect for his team going after Durant?? The fact Wade was upset the Heat went after Durant is all i needed to know. Anyone who is trying to win a Championship would applaud their team for going after him. Wade on the other hand wasn't trying to win or work with the team anymore, he was trying to get paid and rightfully so. He help to bring the city 3 Championships.

But at the same time does he even get those Championships without Pat Riley and the organization having that same aggressive mentality he grew to dislike? It goes both ways, you need the players AND the organizational support to put a system in place where you could be successful.

The Heat organization will never put ego before winning and I can respect that. I can also respect Wade for going to a situation where he will be happy.

The point you are not getting is once Wade was sogned there was no longer a max slot for anybody else moving forward. Resigning Wade would have effectively taken us out of all free agent conversations for the next 2 years.
u just said max slot. how many max players do u think we need on the team? i said it days ago, the solution is the luxury tax. period. between bosh and dragic we're cornered. cuz neither of them deserve the money theyre getting. so now we can go chase these unicorn free agents yall talking about... but if im a free agent, im not hitting up the franchise who just tossed their main player for 13 years in the trash. if they did it to wade... i KNOW im not worth anything there.

You don't know that. Remember when Alonzo Mourning left the Heat to play for the Nets for a year? Came back and now he's in management. It'll always be Wade county. It's the young boys turns now.
Nah, this is it for Wade after these two years, he's not going to have anything left. Zo was still efficient player when he came back to the Heat. Plus Wade has surpassed Zo immensely as the Heat's best player ever (and probably Miami's most notable athlete, passing Marino) so this one stings much more.

u just said max slot. how many max players do u think we need on the team? i said it days ago, the solution is the luxury tax. period. between bosh and dragic we're cornered. cuz neither of them deserve the money theyre getting. so now we can go chase these unicorn free agents yall talking about... but if im a free agent, im not hitting up the franchise who just tossed their main player for 13 years in the trash. if they did it to wade... i KNOW im not worth anything there.

You don't get the cap at all. To sign a max player free agent wewould have to have the available spacebefore even touching the luxury tax. You can't just go oh I want Kevin Durant let's just sign him and pay whatever we owe in luxury tax. That's not how it works.

Iono bout ya'll but I'm excited about the youth movement. Yea they're gonna lose, but watching them grow up is going to be fun for me. I love our young pups.

You don't get the cap at all. To sign a max player free agent wewould have to have the available spacebefore even touching the luxury tax. You can't just go oh I want Kevin Durant let's just sign him and pay whatever we owe in luxury tax. That's not how it works.
u missed the "how many max players do u think we need on a team" thing didnt u. if the only reason u saw fit to get rid of wade, is not being able to chase a max-caliber free agent in the next 2 years.... exactly who ELSE do u want on the squad? we didnt need more maxed out players. we needed role players. superstar talent wasnt what was missing. so wade causing us to not afford another max contract for 2 more years.... was irrelevant.

Dear Miami,

This has been an extremely emotional and tough decision to come to. After 13 years, I have decided to embark on a new journey with the Chicago Bulls. This was not an easy decision, but I feel I have made the right choice for myself and my family.

I started my NBA career with the Miami Heat  in 2003 and it has been an honor to have played with them and help build a winning franchise with three NBA championships. I look back with pride and amazement at all we have accomplished together. I want to express my gratitude to the Arison family, Pat Riley, Coach Erik Spoelstra, the coaching staff, and the entire Miami Heat organization.

From the bottom of my heart, I want to thank the Miami community and especially #HEATNATION for all of their love and support over the years. It has been truly incredible. I am deeply moved and appreciative of the positive messages from my fans expressing that they want what's best for me and I know they will support my decision. The memories including championship parades and five conference titles are incredible moments we have shared that will always remain close to my heart as I begin the next chapter of my life.

Growing up in Robbins, Ill., I never dreamed that an NBA career could have even been possible and that one day I would wear a Chicago Bulls jersey. Watching the Bulls growing up inspired me at an early age to pursue my dream of becoming a basketball player. My most treasured memories were watching my dad play basketball on the courts of Fermi Elementary School and developing my game at the Blue Island Recreation Center. I have never forgotten where I came from and I am thankful to have an opportunity to play for the team that first fueled my love of the game. Many of my family members still live in Chicago and I am excited to return home to a city very close to my heart.

I look forward to returning to my roots and to what lies ahead.

Much Love and Respect,

D. Wade

FEELS  
embarassed.gif

Wade is just impatient, he could've took the 20mill this year, opt out as they gave him the option to, then sign for a max deal 3/4yr deal and still have a ton of money left over for another max player. The salary cap went up and its going up again next year. Its pointless to put a chokehold on the team when we don't have the money.

Better bring back Tyler Johnson now.

D Wade was always one of my favorites and I feel for you guys, kinda like seeing Joe Montana play for the Chiefs.

Last edited:
Everybody meet Mr. Me Too, that letter was definitely edited by LeBron James.

Seeing how well the coaching staff has been with getting the best out of projects, I'd love to see Riley take a chance on Moe Harkless

These responses in here are kinda weird but I'm not surpised at the sametime.

I'm not excited about this "youth movement at all" but thats neither here nor there. If Wade would've left to any others team I would rather it actually be the Knicks or Cavs. Just to make things more interesting.

There is no justification of good riddance or Wade is a old scrub anyways so who cares. When you lose a player and a guy like Wade it's more telling of the franchise then the player. That's why I rather Wade have went to a more complete deserving team.

I want to say more but I'll just leave it as that...

Isn't this such a bad look on the heat though? This is how they'll treat their players :smh:. I wonder how that meeting went with arison and him. Sucks that my fav player is leaving the Heat. Good luck to him in a bulls jersey. Now to figure out what the heat will do next.

Wade is just impatient, he could've took the 20mill this year, opt out as they gave him the option to, then sign for a max deal 3/4yr deal and still have a ton of money left over for another max player. The salary cap went up and its going up again next year. Its pointless to put a chokehold on the team when we don't have the money.

Exactly, he was mad about them prioritizing Whiteside and Durant over him but the reality is he only has a few good years left. It is Pat Riley job to build a competitive team. He has to realize he is no longer the future and Whiteside was demanding max offers from multiple teams. You HAVE to secure the future. This is business and you can't think with your heart.

People keep bringing up the fact he was never the highest paid player on his team as if that means the Heat are some cheap franchise. Arison is one of the more unselfish owners in the league. It's just how things shacked out. He was never going to get more money than Shaq or Lebron. And in 2014 when he had a chance to really get paid as the main guy LeBron screwed everyone and the Heat had to recover some way by bringing Bosh back.

after watching what the Lakers went thru the past couple of years with Kobe and his contract/presence holding back the Lakers from making real moves, can't really be mad at this move by the Heat. I feel like they're trying to get Bosh's contract voided so they can make more moves.

after watching what the Lakers went thru the past couple of years with Kobe and his contract/presence holding back the Lakers from making real moves, can't really be mad at this move by the Heat. I feel like they're trying to get Bosh's contract voided so they can make more moves.

I read if the blood clot issue happens again, they can medically retire him and they only take a 3mill against the cap hit every year he has left on his contract. It'll be like the summer of 2009 again where we can sign 3 max players.

Last edited:
Westbrook
Curry
Blake/CP3 (Early termination option)

Are the most notable free agents next summer.

Jesus, 100 new posts... but yea' what needed to be said has already been said. This franchise isn't a well liked one and fans of other teams will believe what they want... Just like fans. This was obviously personal, no real difference in money. Whether it is the FO's fault or something Wade felt was needed or done wrong or whatever

Regardless, I'm excited to see some of these young guys attempt to step up as well as the FO and as well as Goran and Whiteside.

Back
Top Bottom