Official 2016 NBA Playoffs Thread: Conference Finals: Warriors / Thunder | Cavs / Raptors

Who is going to win the NBA Championship?

• Golden State Warriors

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • San Antonio Spurs

• OKC Thunder

• Cleveland Cavaliers

• Toronto Raptors

• Miami Heat

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
actual elite scorers like steph and KD can get 30 by halftime every other week

all I see is a bunch of excuses to why this guy cant put up big scoring numbers

cant blame the system for his lack of scoring when the system is the reason for his scoring 
Steph & KD don't do that, though.

I'm not blaming the system for anything. It's produced the 3rd best offensive team in the league :lol:

actual elite scorers like steph and KD can get 30 by halftime every other week

all I see is a bunch of excuses to why this guy cant put up big scoring numbers

cant blame the system for his lack of scoring when the system is the reason for his scoring 
Steph & KD don't do that, though.

I'm not blaming the system for anything. It's produced the 3rd best offensive team in the league
laugh.gif
is jj redick an elite scorer? 

There's no one set definition of elite, so Idk if it makes sense to even argue about it, but Kawhi came a few percentage points away from 50/40/90 with a 25%+ usage rate. Not as high usage as guys like Curry, KD, and LeBron, but it's also not like he's some low-volume spot up shooter out there either. Whatever labels you guys want to give him or not give him, he's pretty damn good.

There's no one set definition of elite, so Idk if it makes sense to even argue about it, but Kawhi came a few percentage points away from 50/40/90 with a 25%+ usage rate. Not as high usage as guys like Curry, KD, and LeBron, but it's also not like he's some low-volume spot up shooter out there either. Whatever labels you guys want to give him or not give him, he's pretty damn good.

Couple seasons away from being one of the greatest Point Guards in history as well.

Since MJ? Shaq, Kobe, TMac, KD, Melo, Bron, Steph, Dirk, Kyrie, Harden, Russ, Iverson, Wade

I'm probly forgetting a lot more
KYRIE? 
You don't consider him elite? He can kill you from inside or outside. He gets to the rim at will and finishes very well through contact with either hand.

Nah. He doesn't do it consistently enough.
How much of that comes from being made of glass? When he's healthy and not playing through or coming back from an injury he's fine.

Oh which reminds me, D Rose 

San Antonio gotta be considered one of the best cities in Florida, right?

For whale watching at least.

You don't consider him elite? He can kill you from inside or outside. He gets to the rim at will and finishes very well through contact with either hand.

How much of that comes from being made of glass? When he's healthy and not playing through or coming back from an injury he's fine.

Oh which reminds me, D Rose 

Elite implies consistency to me at least, every night you coming in and getting buckets. Availability factors in as well you got to be there. Klay is the same way, he's capable of going off like maybe nobody else in the league outside of his teammate, but he doesn't do it every night.

Kyrie has never cracked 23 ppg in a season.

Last edited:
Now Russell Westbrook goes but Kawhi can't?

I am confident in stating that if you give Kawhi 23 shots a game then you would see an output that you guys need to be considered elite because this conversation seems to be biased towards totals and PPG.

Now Russell Westbrook goes but Kawhi can't?

I am confident in stating that if you give Kawhi 23 shots a game then you would see an output that you guys need to be considered elite because this conversation seems to be biased towards totals and PPG.

Well he'll likely never get that chance so we won't see.

And on the other hand if he does and starts to put up 25 a game every night at minimum, this can be revisited. But as of right now he's an efficient scorer not an elite one.

Last edited:
But to be fair if they can trick basketball fans into thinking a top 5 C is the goat PF then I don't blame them for trying to trick people into thinking a top 15 scorer is elite

Chris Paul per 36, was at 22 a game on 46/37/90 this past season.

Elite level scorer?

nerd.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom