Official 2017 Boxing Thread: 12/16 - Billy Joe Saunders vs. David Lemieux HBO

Who will be the winner of Terence Crawford vs. Julius Indongo fight?

• Crawford

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Indongo

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
 Dan Rafael‏Verified account @danrafaelespn  7h7 hours ago
 Spoke with @RealMiguelCotto, who told me he signed with @GoldenBoyBoxing & will fight again 12/2 if all goes well 8/26. #boxing
 Bible of Boxing‏Verified account @ringmagazine  May 30
 Jarrett Hurd vs. Austin Trout is on for tentative summer date: https://www.ringtv.com/501685-jarrett-hurd-vs-austin-trout-in-on-for-tentative-summer-date/ … by @MikeCoppinger @Swift_JHurd @NoDoubtTrout #Boxing

^ now if only budd could fight the winner of that fight... but you know arum only wants top rank fights :smh:

^ now if only budd could fight the winner of that fight... but you know arum only wants top rank fights
mean.gif
Bob's not the reason Budd hasn't fought any of these PBC guys yet.  He fought Molina but Al has no problem lending out scrubs for beat downs. 

Al should have cashed out Broner against Spence a long time ago. 

Last edited:
Contracted weight is at 140 with penalties for coming in over.

Anyone see the odds for this fight yet? Im thinking it should be pretty close, maybe with mikey being the slight favorite

Broner won't make weight

Yeah he won't and he's not disciplined enough to try. Mikey and his team said they have penalties and such in the negotiations so Broner will probably eat some of those penalties for coming in over weight or change it like Granados mid camp.

That's his only advantage is being bigger than Mikey in the fight.

kinda want Broner to win and I hate Broner... Mikey Garcia's long periods of inactivity still bothers me... and I hate that he never fought Gambao and Crawford at 135... now he wants to fight a dude who we all know sucks at making weight...

kinda want Broner to win and I hate Broner... Mikey Garcia's long periods of inactivity still bothers me... and I hate that he never fought Gambao and Crawford at 135... now he wants to fight a dude who we all know sucks at making weight...

He had to get out of that Top Rank contract

Rodriguez (Mexico)

Hi Dan Is it true that UniMas dropped Top Rank from their channel?

Dan Rafael, The Boxing Guy  (12:33 PM)

My understanding is Top Rank pulled the plug on its series (always a money loser) and has canceled its upcoming UniMas cards as it moves toward the announcement of its new series on a broader platform that will handle fights like Pacquiao-Horn (not PPV), Crawford-Indongo, Lomachenko-Salido II, etc... Stay tuned. It's big.
Sounds like we're getting a US version of Boxnation. 

Kind of sad if this is the beginning of the end for HBO in the boxing business. 

Last edited:

Read about it.
Best thing he could do was get outta that TR scam of a deal

He had to get out of that Top Rank contract

Link to source? Didn't know he was getting scammed basically

July 9th, 2014

Garcia filed the suit in April in order to escape his contract, which he says expired on Feb. 27.
"There are a few extensions that are vaguely and loosely worded," he said Tuesday, "but the way we read it, it's essentially over."
Top Rank disagrees, of course, and says Garcia is still bound by the promotional contract. A breakdown in negotiations between Top Rank and 50 Cent, the promoter for Yuriorkis Gamboa, ditched a possible Garcia-Gamboa fight in May and led to the stalemate.

Terence Crawford then took Gamboa's undefeated record with a rousing knockout last month.
"One door closed and another door opened," said Todd duBoef, the president of Top Rank, who had no comment on Garcia otherwise.
"They offered me a couple more names and I accepted it but I was told the network (HBO) wasn't interested," Garcia said. "Zero dates, zero fights. There's nothing Top Rank did that broke the relationship. I just wanted to apply some more pressure and get a little more legal with them.
One problem is that HBO officials were less than thrilled with Garcia's performance in his last fight, a decision over Juan Carlos Burgos.

"There were all these plans for me to move up in weight gradually and then possibly fight Manny Pacquiao," Garcia said. " I don't know what happened to those plans. But the more I'm in boxing, the more I understand it. I don't want to be doing this forever, but I'm only 26. I have time."

http://www.boxingscene.com/mikey-garcia-patiently-waits-legal-beef-play-out--79698

Jul 9, 2015

Apr 13, 2016

June 1, 2017

Last edited:
How did you score it? I only caught the 9th till the tko. Will watch later to see how spences overall performance was.
Honestly, I have to go back and rewatch it, but up until 11th I would given it to Errol cause although Brook's was behaving as if the body shots and Jabs weren't affecting him and was trying be physical, boxing is the name of the sport and Spence outboxed him.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom