Official 2017 Boxing Thread: 12/16 - Billy Joe Saunders vs. David Lemieux HBO

Who will be the winner of Terence Crawford vs. Julius Indongo fight?

• Crawford

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Indongo

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fonfara is buns man. How do you get caught with the left hand THAT many times in the first round. That's literally all Stevenson has. Set up with a right hook/jab, straight left, wash and repeat.

Fonfara is buns man. How do you get caught with the left hand THAT many times in the first round. That's literally all Stevenson has. Set up with a right hook/jab, straight left, wash and repeat.

Especially after already being in the ring 12 rounds with Stevenson lol. Some dudes don't learn anything even with experience.

Did Stevenson call out anybody? I didn't watch and I know he doesn't have the balls to call out anyone ranked, not even Alvarez or Smith Jr.

That was a pathetic fight...

Stevenson said he's the greatest at 175?!?! :lol:

Ward....?
Kovalev....?
Even Alvarez or Smith Jr!

Last edited:
Fight is 2 weeks away don't come in here asking for that. Get this thread locked smh

Andn0% chance ward loses to Stevenson Buddy had 1 punch to worry about that is it. Kov walksthru him as well

Last edited:
Fight is 2 weeks away don't come in here asking for that. Get this thread locked smh

Andn0% chance ward loses to Stevenson Buddy had 1 punch to worry about that is it. Kov walksthru him as well

He's not asking for the PPV fight, so it's not in violation of rules right?

Anyway, the more I think about it the more I think Ward is going to beat Kovalev clearly this time. He studied the hell out of the first fight. By now he knows the range where Kovalev is the most dangerous and has devised ways to stay away.

Last edited:
Kovalev is also probably coming into the fight thinking he will stick to the same Game plan and just work on his endurance so he doesn't get winded. I think it will be a close fight again, with Ward winning

Maybe it's just me, but I just noticed Kovalev's hook is very odd and doesn't have much power behind it. His best punch is probably his jab and that overhand right, which he needs to throw from a specific distance. Those are really the main attacks that Ward has to avoid. Ideally Ward wants to dig inside a lot more than the first fight.

Last edited:

nah you need to read :rolleyes, just wanted to know if people had a link to the HBO 24/7 that aired friday night...

My bad didn't see the24/7 and I'm not sure its started showing yet.

I hope kov did more then work on stamina. Hope he did some serious body work

We all know Kovalev isn't just the stereotypical robotic European. But what kind of adjustments is he going to make in this fight? I doubt he is going to make any significant changes. I am rooting for him 100% btw.

We all know Kovalev isn't just the stereotypical robotic European. But what kind of adjustments is he going to make in this fight? I doubt he is going to make any significant changes. I am rooting for him 100% btw.

Media propaganda is real. I've been confused for 6 months now why a lot of people are asking what adjustments kovalev would need to make in the rematch. Why would the guy who "really" won the fight would be the one who needs to adjust in a rematch lol? Ward is the one needing to look for adjustments. This isn't 2010 and this isn't the super middleweight division. At light heavyweight in 2017, Kovalev is the superior fighter.

Media propaganda is real. I've been confused for 6 months now why a lot of people are asking what adjustments kovalev would need to make in the rematch. Why would the guy who "really" won the fight would be the one who needs to adjust in a rematch lol? Ward is the one needing to look for adjustments. This isn't 2010 and this isn't the super middleweight division. At light heavyweight in 2017, Kovalev is the superior fighter.

Right... I just know for sure Ward is capable of making major adjustments, and that he will in this fight. So if Kovalev just decides to do the same thing again then the gap will be wider than last time and he will get "robbed" again. So whether it is fair or not Kovalev needs to make his own adjustments to actually win this fight officially.

Last edited:
Right... I just know for sure Ward is capable of making major adjustments, and that he will in this fight. So if Kovalev just decides to do the same thing again then the gap will be wider than last time and he will get "robbed" again. So whether it is fair or not Kovalev needs to make his own adjustments to actually win this fight officially.

Sometimes it's as simple as giving your opponent too much respect based on their reputation. Sergey admitted many times that he thought ward was better than what he actually was in the first fight. That and quitting those 14 mile runs during training camp like he did for his last two fights lol. Ward did nothing In the first fight to have kovalev thinking about doing anything differently besides not gassing out in the later rounds.

Also, what's adjustments can ward actually make in your opinion?

Because if we "really" want to be real, it was a close fight so both guys need to make adjustments.

Or dudes going to be singing the same sad song again :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom