Official 2017 Boxing Thread: 12/16 - Billy Joe Saunders vs. David Lemieux HBO

Who will be the winner of Terence Crawford vs. Julius Indongo fight?

• Crawford

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Indongo

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pac is always open to be countered, thats his weakness, counter punches.

Danny lost the fight because Thurman made Garcia the aggressor. Garcia was never on the back foot, and he couldn't cut off the ring or counter really. Pac will come forward, his style suits Garcia much better.

I think Garcia can out Pac on the canvas with his left hook.

Huh? Your assessment of why the fight was lost baffles me. Thurman came forward much of the fight Thurman was the aggressor not danny. You can't be the aggressor in the fight when your constantly 2nd in exchanges lol.

Thurman used the whole ring and got off first in most of the exchanges. Counter opportunities were there but danny never put himself in a position to counter Thurman's wide shots. If Keith wouldve been as wide against porter he would've lost

Danny straight up didnt know what the hell to do with Keith. Hardly any combinations, couldnt cut the ring, no power, hell of a chin tho. Idk how that boy didnt get hurt.

Prolly got 2 million views.

Which is why Angel didn't want his son to fight Pac. Too much lateral and head movement, too many angles, too much experience, and too much speed.

Team DSG knew they wouldn't stand a chance.

After thinking about it this is true & Danny probably would of got even more exposed against Pac as if he didn't by Thurman already.

Danny would of looked lost out there against Manny :lol:

that 115-113 for garcia is disgusting mannnnn... in what freken universe could you say danny did more to win... smh

anyways Im interested to see Thurman against Pac, Broner vs Garcia. Welterweight is where its at!

To Danny Garcia's credit, he was composed the entire fight even though it looked like most of his plan went out the window when Thurman rocked him hard at the end of the 1st.

Last edited:
garcia should fight budd... that would be a good matchup... but i think top rank onlly makes fights with top rank right?

Not surprised by the scoring, Garcia definitely won the last 3 and most of the early rounds were close.

this was my thought. And knowing danny usually gets the benefit by the judges i was expecting a draw or danny to some how win a split decision.

I thought thurman was def the sharper fighter and won. But thought a lot of the early rounds were close. And there are those judges out there that give the benefit of close rounds to the champ

TYSON2FA****RY‏Verified account @Tyson_Fury  6h6 hours ago
 Morning all, massive news coming up shortly! Keep posted!!!![emoji]128526[/emoji][emoji]128526[/emoji][emoji]128526[/emoji][emoji]128526[/emoji][emoji]128526[/emoji][emoji]128526[/emoji]

Thurman should be getting more credit for that first round. Everyone said Danny had a granite chin and excellent timing once he figured you out. He came out with no respect for Danny's power and no intention of a typical 'feel out' round. Then he hurt Danny BAD at the end of the round. Nearly put him down and had him clinching for the last 30 seconds. Had him gun-shy for the first half of the fight and made him keep that big left hook in his pocket all fight.

Danny looked like the aggressor cause Thurman was moving so much but he wasn't really trying to exchange or really commit even when he knew he needed a knockdown at the end of the fight.

Keith could've made it a classic fight if he kept going for the kill but with a guy that was hesitant to come forward and really exchange, he didn't really need to. He set the tone early.

I guess I'm the only one pulling for the homie Showtime this weekend
smokin.gif
Nope. Count me in as well. Gotta go w/ the guy from Brooklyn lol. Gonna be a fun fight though.

Good analysis^ and I really think Keith wanted to go for the kill but his corner kept him composed especially at the end of the fight so he didn't give Danny any chance to be gifted a win...yet again.

Good analysis^ and I really think Keith wanted to go for the kill but his corner kept him composed especially at the end of the fight so he didn't give Danny any chance to be gifted a win...yet again.
Ironically, the excess movement almost gave the judges a chance to gift Danny a win if you look at the official scorecards.

I said the same thing during the fight. Those rounds may have hurt more than they helped.

We've seen how that can go with Trinidad/DelaHoya, even Garcia/Peterson. Countless others I'm sure.

I said the same thing during the fight. Those rounds may have hurt more than they helped.

We've seen how that can go with Trinidad/DelaHoya, even Garcia/Peterson. Countless others I'm sure.

Absolutely. That movement can hurt more than it helps if you don't continue to control the pace. Makes it look like you're just running away from the fight.

Honestly, the only "gift decision" you can really say Danny has gotten was the Herrera fight.

You can argue that Peterson gave that fight away as much as it was "gifted" to Danny.

Herrera I remember beating him soundly but it went to the cards in Garcia's one and only fight in Puerto Rico. So yea.....

^ Yea. B/c Peterson screwed himself w/ that gameplan. Turned it up too late. That was his own fault for that loss. But yes, Herrera beat him clearly, that was the only gift.

To the judges they did but I have a tough time seeing more than 4 rounds for Danny. I'm sure he'll rewatch the fight and agree that he should've taken more risks in the last third of the fight. Just to make a statement.

Back
Top Bottom