Official 2017 Boxing Thread: 12/16 - Billy Joe Saunders vs. David Lemieux HBO

Who will be the winner of Terence Crawford vs. Julius Indongo fight?

• Crawford

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Indongo

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fight is going to be the same as the first except Kovalev is less likely to knock down Ward this time. Ward has cracked the code. Only way Kovalev will win is if the judges side with him. I'll be rooting for Kovalev all the way and I know Ward has the better chance of winning.

Only in boxing can a dude who's been top 2 p4p for over half a decade and has been seen as damn near unbeatable, hasn't lost a fight in over 20 years get outboxed by the PUNCHER everyone claimed to only have a chance to win if he got a ko, get a gift to save the illusion of his invincibility, yet still be the one who "cracked the code" lol. Kovalev is the one who cracked the code last November, not ward

Last edited:
Pls stop crying :lol:

I felt Jacobs beat GGG, but he didn't. He lost. So that's it. Just like some felt Kovalev won... but he didn't. He lost. Gotta let it go man :lol:

despite who won the first fight and the controversy and opinions....props to them for going back at it. Excited to watch it....if its not ppv :lol:

Only in boxing can a dude who's been top 2 p4p for over half a decade and has been seen as damn near unbeatable, hasn't lost a fight in over 20 years get outboxed by the PUNCHER everyone claimed to only have a chance to win if he got a ko, get a gift to save the illusion of his invincibility, yet still be the one who "cracked the code" lol. Kovalev is the one who cracked the code last November, not ward

Not sure how you can say he cracked the code when he dominated in the first 4-5 rounds then slowly began to fade. Ward was the one who had to adjust and when he did the fight got interesting rather then being a shutout. Krusher has to make the adjustments in camp to better prepare for this fight and he also needs to do more bodywork and work on his inside fight game (this is where Ward changed the fight)

**** ward and whoevers down wit him.
Im sure you say the same to Mayweather fans to

Does this fight get any more buys than the last one?

absolutely not you got 2.5 months to promote this fight. GGG Jacobs had 3-4 months and didnt crack 200k and the first fight wasnt exactly chocolotito's last fight (that fight needs a rematch and should be FOY)

Does this fight get any more buys than the last one?
Maybe a few, but neither guy is a huge draw outside of those who follow boxing (hardcore or not.) 

The problem with these PPVs IMO is not the boxer but the cards. Everyone remembers those stacked cards in the 90s. Imagine the Brook/Spence fight on this card? Or something like Mickey Garcia vs Lomachenko? Now a days fighters want to be the headline of their PPVs instead of having others on their cards. 

Pls stop crying
laugh.gif

I felt Jacobs beat GGG, but he didn't. He lost. So that's it. Just like some felt Kovalev won... but he didn't. He lost. Gotta let it go man
laugh.gif
Jacobs won IMO, but it was close enough that I wouldnt consider a robbery.

What them judges did to Kovalev should be illegal.

No really fair to compare the two.

Jacobs won IMO, but it was close enough that I wouldnt consider a robbery.
What them judges did to Kovalev should be illegal.

No really fair to compare the two.

Did you watch the video in the link I posted? If so, what makes you think Jacobs won? I'm curious because I too thought Jacobs would be getting a split or majority decision before rewatching a few times.

That video makes it perfectly clear why Golovkin won while completely dispelling the compubox numbers for both fighters. They both landed much fewer punches than compubox claimed, but Golovkin still had the clear edge.

No, but if its an atorias video, they try to use Olympic/amateur style scoring for pro boxing.

Just because fighter A landed 7 punches and fighter B landed 8 doesn't mean fighter B won the round, especially when the margin is that close.

I'm more than willing to watch any round by round breakdown y'all can share that shows Jacobs or award won. If Artorias' breakdowns of the punch stats isn't accurate then tell us why you think a fighter wins when they land significantly less meaningful punches and less punches in totality as well. Surviving and not getting KOed when you're expected to get you put to sleep easily doesn't mean you get bonus points on the judges scorecards. Surviving isn't winning, you have to land while making your opponent miss

The hate some folks have for some of the Soviet boys is ridiculous. At times it reminds me of the YouTube dudes that are extra blatant with their prejudices when it Gets discussed.

While Golovkin is one of my favorite fighters I don't really care about Kovalev. He's entertaining to watch, but something seems a little off to me about him so I wouldn't be mad to see him get KOed.

While Golovkin is one of my favorite fighters I don't really care about Kovalev. He's entertaining to watch, but something seems a little off to me about him so I wouldn't be mad to see him get KOed.
He's an ******* 
laugh.gif

While the racist **** is more of the garden variety Eastern Euro type (he's not a pro white nationalist like Povetkin for example) it's still not a good look, and when he first got over here and before his manager probably got in his ear about it, he never really seemed like he GAF about killing that guy in the ring.  Which is fine is one sense I guess, but don't make jokes like "I guess that's why he or no one else should ever get in the ring with me" and ****. 

I'm a fan of the fighter but not the person.  Kinda like how I feel about Manny too now tbh 
frown.gif

Last edited:
Marvelous Marvin Hagler vs. Sugar Ray Leonard aka "The Super Fight" was held thirty years ago today. 

68747c_lg.jpeg

No, but if its an atorias video, they try to use Olympic/amateur style scoring for pro boxing.

Just because fighter A landed 7 punches and fighter B landed 8 doesn't mean fighter B won the round, especially when the margin is that close.

The beauty of boxing is that due to the number of criteria that goes into judging every judge has the right to establish what is most important to them thus why you get different scores. Also these refs are ringside and can only see one side of the fight in real time so naturally you will miss things.

Going to a fight live is way different then on TV.most fights don't even have the clock up for display which I thought was different. Nonetheless I hate Olympic style scoring.just cause a guy can touch you doesnt mean he is or should be winning the fight

Back
Top Bottom