Official 2017 Boxing Thread: 12/16 - Billy Joe Saunders vs. David Lemieux HBO

Who will be the winner of Terence Crawford vs. Julius Indongo fight?

• Crawford

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Indongo

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GGG will be a old man soon, and hasn't looked the best in his last 2 fights 
Maybe, but his competition has also been a step up which is a good thing. 

It's clear that Canelo is putting this fight off i'm just tired of his, "I'm fighting the best. I'm not scared of anyone" talk. It's really getting on my nerves.

Last edited:

It's clear that Canelo is putting this fight off i'm just tired of his, "I'm fighting the best. I'm not scared of anyone" talk. It's really getting on my nerves.
Canelo being the bigger name can do this for another 2-3 years if he wants too

He only care about that $$$, bout to bank 30-40M for this fight

C-_3QmPW0AATgK3.jpg

I wonder if he can get 30 mil again fighting somebody other than a name like Chavez tho (on Cinco de Mayo too). If so then yeah, the GGG fight is gonna be an afterthought.

I wonder if he can get 30 mil again fighting somebody other than a name like Chavez tho (on Cinco de Mayo too). If so then yeah, the GGG fight is gonna be an afterthought.
The fans enabling him is another huge gripe of mine, they still spend their hard earned $$$ on these bs fights. And this is coming from someone who is Mexican, and I don't mean born in the USA with Mexican parents, I was born in Mexico. I just can't support the stuff he has been doing recently. 

A thing that isn't really talked about is IMO they don't want to give GGG that platform to springboard his career. If he KOs Canelo in front of his fans his stock and career would skyrocket. He might even steal Canelo's fans. 

Last edited:

The fans enabling him is another huge gripe of mine, they still spend their hard earned $$$ on these bs fights. And this is coming from someone who is Mexican, and I don't mean born in the USA with Mexican parents, I was born in Mexico. I just can't support the stuff he has been doing recently. 

A thing that isn't really talked about is IMO they don't want to give GGG that platform to springboard his career. If he KOs Canelo in front of his fans his stock and career would skyrocket. 
Exactly which is why I said he will be a old man soon, and it won't even matter if they fight...

Canelo vs Charlo will happen before GGG fight

A thing that isn't really talked about is IMO they don't want to give GGG that platform to springboard his career. If he KOs Canelo in front of his fans his stock and career would skyrocket. 
Exactly which is why I said he will be a old man soon, and it won't even matter if they fight...

Canelo vs Charlo will happen before GGG fight
The problem with that fight and possibly the Lemieux one is that the risk/reward ratios are both arguably worse than a fight with GGG would be.  We're getting to a point now where he's ducking just to duck and the money has nothing to do with it. 

I feel like Canelo has fought way more competition than anyone else in the 154-160 range

:lol:

:lol: This is the first time Canelo has fought above 154 (155) and people are upset he's been putting the fight off? He's never been in GGG's weight class until now. I don't care about the technicalities in the Cotto fight and the belt he won. Everybody knew Cotto was no damn middleweight champion, the belt was just put up for grabs because it made the fight even more intriguing. He dropped the belt because he wasn't ready to fight at middleweight and still fought ay 154. He's moving up 11 pounds to fight Chavez. This will be his first fight to get accustomed to the new weight. Why should Canelo get **** for taking his time? What rush is he in? He's 26. It's not his fault GGG is aging. How come GGG doesn't get **** for calling out somebody who was in one division lower than him? Why doesn't GGG move up? People are hypocritical as hell.

GGG is a monster, and not somebody you fight on the first fight moving up a weight class. That's a huge risk for anybody. Im for letting fighters getting accustomed to new weight classes before fighting the #1's in the new divisions.

The Canelo/JR fight is a tough fight for Canelo. Not because Jr is some monster, but because of his attributes. Canelo has had trouble with boxers with good movement. JR is going to thump with him. He's a a lot bigger than Canelo and has probably the best chin in boxing. He's going to take it to Canelo, and we'll see what happens if Canelo's power is still there with the bigger fighters. If it doesn't and Chavez just stays In front of him all night with no respect, it will be an exciting fight.

Last edited:
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
This is the first time Canelo has fought above 154 (155) and people are upset he's been putting the fight off? He's never been in GGG's weight class until now. I don't care about the technicalities in the Cotto fight and the belt he won. Everybody knew Cotto was no damn middleweight champion, the belt was just put up for grabs because it made the fight even more intriguing. He dropped the belt because he wasn't ready to fight at middleweight and still fought ay 154. He's moving up 11 pounds to fight Chavez. This will be his first fight to get accustomed to the new weight. Why should Canelo get **** for taking his time? What rush is he in? He's 26. It's not his fault GGG is aging. How come GGG doesn't get **** for calling out somebody who was in one division lower than him? Why doesn't GGG move up? People are hypocritical as hell.

GGG is a monster, and not somebody you fight on the first fight moving up a weight class. That's a huge risk for anybody. Im for letting fighters getting accustomed to new weight classes before fighting the #1's in the new divisions.

The Canelo/JR fight is a tough fight for Canelo. Not because Jr is some monster, but because of his attributes. Canelo has had trouble with boxers with good movement. JR is going to thump with him. He's a a lot bigger than Canelo and has probably the best chin in boxing. He's going to take it to Canelo, and we'll see what happens if Canelo's power is still there with the bigger fighters. If it doesn't and Chavez just stays In front of him all night with no respect, it will be an exciting fight.
This would have all been good if it wasn't for Canelo running his mouth about how he was ready. No one would have said anything if he would have said, "I'm a JMW, I won the MW belt but I'm not ready to move up all the way, give me some time." Instead it was "We don't **** around." and making it seem like the fight was next. He knew the conditions of winning that MW title and now acts like he wasn't ready for the result, saying he was forced by the WBC to try and make the fight. He knew what the conditions were when he fought Cotto for it and the even spotted him an extra fight with Khan so he could get ready, so why is he saying he didn't want to be pressured into making the fight? 

GGG tried to make fights with Froch, and Chavez Jr but both said no. Ward would have been a great fight and he does deserve criticism for that fight not happening or at least for negotiations not going further. He did try to make the fight with Ward before that with Ward saying no. 

Last edited:
:lol:
:lol: This is the first time Canelo has fought above 154 (155) and people are upset he's been putting the fight off? He's never been in GGG's weight class until now. I don't care about the technicalities in the Cotto fight and the belt he won. Everybody knew Cotto was no damn middleweight champion, the belt was just put up for grabs because it made the fight even more intriguing. He dropped the belt because he wasn't ready to fight at middleweight and still fought ay 154. He's moving up 11 pounds to fight Chavez. This will be his first fight to get accustomed to the new weight. Why should Canelo get **** for taking his time? What rush is he in? He's 26. It's not his fault GGG is aging. How come GGG doesn't get **** for calling out somebody who was in one division lower than him? Why doesn't GGG move up? People are hypocritical as hell.

Canelo made the choice to fight at catch-weights and fight lower level guys instead of preparing for GGG and moving up fully.

No one would complain if he stayed at 154 and fought the best there. It's a stacked division. And no one would complain if he went up to 160 and worked his way towards GGG. He went half way.

Then fighting Khan and Chavez Jr back to back - two circus fights. The money is cool but he shouldn't be surprised when he's respected less.

This would have all been good if it wasn't for Canelo running his mouth about how he was ready. No one would have said anything if he would have said, "I'm a JMW, I won the MW belt but I'm not ready to move up all the way, give me some time." Instead it was "We don't **** around." and making it seem like the fight was next. He knew the conditions of winning that MW title and now acts like he wasn't ready for the result, saying he was forced by the WBC to try and make the fight. He knew what the conditions were when he fought Cotto for it and the even spotted him an extra fight with Khan so he could get ready, so why is he saying he didn't want to be pressured into making the fight? 

GGG tried to make fights with Froch, and Chavez Jr but both said no. Ward would have been a great fight and he does deserve criticism for that fight not happening or at least for negotiations not going further. He did try to make the fight with Ward before that with Ward saying no. 

Ward never said no, Its always been GGG saying no. Hell his trainer said, let do it and at the end GGG said he did not want to move up. GGG knows that Ward would dominate him, just like Canelita knows GGG might mashed him.

Listen, I dislike both fighters (ggg and canelita) both run their mouths and dont fight the best in the division. Canelita been fighting meat packers and taxi cab drives until the LARA fight. Same with GGG. He took on a smaller brock and had trouble with him. Let these chumps beat up on each other and the winner can fight one of the Charlo brothers. Charlo's would work these dudes.

Last edited:

Ward never said no, Its always been GGG saying no. Hell his trainer said, let do it and at the end GGG said he did not want to move up. GGG knows that Ward would dominate him, just like Canelita knows GGG might mashed him.

Listen, I dislike both fighters (ggg and canelita) both run their mouths and dont fight the best in the division. Canelita been fighting meat packers and taxi cab drives until the LARA fight. Same with GGG. He took on a smaller brock and had trouble with him. Let these chumps beat up on each other and the winner can fight one of the Charlo brothers. Charlo's would work these dudes.
Ward did say no.  They offered him the fight twice during his drama with Goosen. 

"Hey, Ward, wake up! Why are you talking trash about other people? Speak for yourself. If you're trying to make a name for yourself by mentioning me to build up your own fight, then be a man about it and tell the truth. At our meeting with HBO they asked us whether we are ready to box. You know our answers - I said yes, you said no. You said something about your shoulder or promoter - I'm not interested in the reason, I only heard your "no." But you remember that HBO said then that they would need a long time to build-up the fight. Then what the **** are you talking about excuses?"

"If you do provocative attacks, do not even think that Loeffler [Gennady's K2 promoter] will buy into them. You haven't been interesting to anyone for a long time, so he will no longer engage in the promotion of your name. Go and build your own image. Although everyone already knows what you are, and because of this, they do not go to your fights."

"You shouldn't worry about who I'm going to box or have boxed. You, like the rest, were lucky with the "Super Six" tournament because you got your opponents by contract. And who are you fighting now? The fourth-fifth ranked fighters in England...If I say that I'm ready to box any middleweight and ready to rise to 168 for a big fight, then I am responsible for the words. And I have nothing left to discuss with you. As a man, you are dead to me."
http://www.badlefthook.com/2015/6/16/8788845/gennady-golovkin-blasts-andre-ward

lil Charlo went life and death with John Jackson before catching him.  He gets slumped by the first legit 154 or 160 he fights. 

Big Charlo would be a good fight, but I'd like to see him against some legit 160s first. 

Last edited:
GGG with the ether

I'd pay money to see him repeat that speech in a WWE style promo in the middle of the ring.

GGG with the ether

I'd pay money to see him repeat that speech in a WWE style promo in the middle of the ring.
laugh.gif
 It'd have to be in Russian.  It's the only time you really get a feel for who GGG is, when he is speaking in his own words. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BATHING CHUCK  

Ward did say no.  They offered him the fight twice during his drama with Goosen. 

http://www.badlefthook.com/2015/6/16/8788845/gennady-golovkin-blasts-andre-ward
Yes this is what I was referring to. Ward said no. 

And TBH I dont really consider that "ducking".  GGG just got over here, and it was reasonable on Ward's and HBO's side to want the fight to marinate a bit so that it would be more profitable. 

On the same token you can't really hold GGG turning down Ward's "B Side" offer for a fight in a year in advance against him either, with someone who is as unpredictable as Ward, and when there is still a huge cash cow in Canelita in his own division. 

GGG is not the "B side" in a Ward fight, one dude sold out the forum against a bum, and the other had to give away tickets to get people to see him fight in his own hometown. 

Last edited:
And TBH I dont really consider that "ducking".  GGG just got over here, and it was reasonable on Ward's and HBO's side to want the fight to marinate a bit so that it would be more profitable. 

Wasn't Ward also coming off of 2 years worth of injuries at the time?

Back
Top Bottom