Official 2017 Boxing Thread: 12/16 - Billy Joe Saunders vs. David Lemieux HBO

Who will be the winner of Terence Crawford vs. Julius Indongo fight?

• Crawford

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Indongo

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

And TBH I dont really consider that "ducking".  GGG just got over here, and it was reasonable on Ward's and HBO's side to want the fight to marinate a bit so that it would be more profitable. 
Wasn't Ward also coming off of 2 years worth of injuries at the time?
When has Ward not been injured? 
laugh.gif

But yeah probably so since these overtures happened during 12-14 allegedly. 

All the drama aside, GGG is a small 160. Ward outgrew 168 awhile ago. It's just not a realistic matchup. Hasn't been for a few years

ALL of these dudes make suspect moves which aren't even that suspect because it is still a business and isn't as simple as dudes fighting in a parking lot :lol:

Which is why I don't understand the heat Canelo gets. Realistically he is being ASKED if he'll fight Golovkin after his fights and he says yes and I don't believe he's "scared" of him.

It's not like dude is going to Twitter talking greasy. At least not that I'm aware of.

But he also has a promoter and this **** is never that easy with all the cooks in the kitchen.

Which is also why, no matter what you thought of the outcome, Ward and Kovalev deserve respect for finding a way to get the fight done. Twice.

Last edited:
We gotta stop acting like Canelo is Floyd who promotes himself and can fight Whoever he wants whenever he wants. I'm not too high on Canelo but I think he will fight anyone. It's Oscar that's controlling his career, not Canelo. Oscar is the one doing the ducking.

Saying "we don't **** around in Mexico" and "he can jump in the ring and I'll fight him right now" and then dropping your belt shortly after is talking greasy.

He's a clown, plain and simple.

All the drama aside, GGG is a small 160. Ward outgrew 168 awhile ago. It's just not a realistic matchup. Hasn't been for a few years

But when people were talking about MONEY MAY fighting GGG is was ok? Floyd is a natural 140 to 147 max. GGG gets a lot of passes around here. Canelita gets heat for it and ggg should as well.

GGG is overated. Until he fights someone worth it, than when I will shut up. Same with Canelita. Dude beats up on a crappy Kirkland or a washed COTTO and he's great all of sudden?? Not buying it :rolleyes

But when people were talking about MONEY MAY fighting GGG is was ok? Floyd is a natural 140 to 147 max. GGG gets a lot of passes around here. Canelita gets heat for it and ggg should as well.

GGG is overated. Until he fights someone worth it, than when I will shut up. Same with Canelita. Dude beats up on a crappy Kirkland or a washed COTTO and he's great all of sudden?? Not buying it :rolleyes

Thank you! Repped.

Has anyone is here ever claimed that Floyd is ducking GGG? Let old man Floyd stay retired and run his strip club.

ALL of these dudes make suspect moves which aren't even that suspect because it is still a business and isn't as simple as dudes fighting in a parking lot :lol:

Which is why I don't understand the heat Canelo gets. Realistically he is being ASKED if he'll fight Golovkin after his fights and he says yes and I don't believe he's "scared" of him.

It's not like dude is going to Twitter talking greasy. At least not that I'm aware of.

But he also has a promoter and this **** is never that easy with all the cooks in the kitchen.

Which is also why, no matter what you thought of the outcome, Ward and Kovalev deserve respect for finding a way to get the fight done. Twice.

WARD IS THE BEST P4P right now.

No one was fighting the KRUSHER. Ward Stepped up to the challenge and got it done. Scoreboard like my man Jim Rome says.

Ward gets no credit here, even though he won the SUPER 6, destroyed Chad Dawson and never lost. When Ward beats the Krusher and a couple other good fighters he might cement his legacy as the best super middleweight of all time.

Saying "we don't **** around in Mexico" and "he can jump in the ring and I'll fight him right now" and then dropping your belt shortly after is talking greasy.

He's a clown, plain and simple.

But that was in response to being asked about GGG, no?

Seems like you're reaching but OK.

Last edited:
You have to unprompted to talk ****?

Son could have just easily kept it moving and said that he wasn't ready yet and wanted to ease into being a MW after the Cotto fight, but he chose to go the route he did hence the backlash.

Last edited:
My point was pretty clear. I said if you're going to call Canelo out, then you need to be unbiased and call a spade a spade.

Because all these dudes running game. Or their promoters are.

But that's not what I see happening.

Last edited:
People just have double standards for certain fighters.

It's funny dudes say that Canelo was fighting tomato cans before Lara but dude was 23 then, yet want to crown people like Earl Spence Jr and the Charlos who have weak *** resumes at the same age Canelo is now. Like it or not, for his age, and for somebody who basically didn't have an amateur career, Canelo has the most impressive resume for any 26 year old in boxing period. To say otherwise is just hatred.

Last edited:
It's funny dudes say that Canelo was fighting tomato cans before Lara but dude was 23 then, yet want to crown people like Earl Spence Jr and the Charlos who have weak *** resumes at the same age Canelo is now. Like it or not, for his age, and for somebody who basically didn't have an amateur career, Canelo has the most impressive resume for any 26 year old in boxing period. To say otherwise is just hatred.[/quote]

Impressive??

Really? Smh* I want you to give me the impressive list of fighters he beat before LARA? I will wait..

Here I will help you... LOSS TO MONEY MAY, beat a 50 year old Mosley.

Autin Trout?
Kermit Cintron?
Ryan Rhodes?
Jose Cotto?
Carlos Baldomir?

Give me a break. These are the great Fighters he beat before LARA you are talking about?? :rolleyes

Last edited:
My point was pretty clear. I said if you're going to call Canelo out, then you need to be unbiased and call a spade a spade.

It's a false equivalency to simply say all these guys are running game when the situations aren't all that remotely similar.  
People just have double standards for certain fighters.

It's funny dudes say that Canelo was fighting tomato cans before Lara but dude was 23 then, yet want to crown people like Earl Spence Jr and the Charlos who have weak *** resumes at the same age Canelo is now. Like it or not, for his age, and for somebody who basically didn't have an amateur career, Canelo has the most impressive resume for any 26 year old in boxing period. To say otherwise is just hatred.
When your the face of Mexican boxing, people are going to hold you to a higher standard.

It is what it is, and he hasn't been exactly shy with anointing himself as that either. 

You sure homie is being honest about his age? 
laugh.gif

Last edited:

No one that actually watches boxing ever thought that fight would happen. No one hated on Floyd for not fighting a middleweight at 40. The hell are you talking about? :lol:

How many unretired fighters are worth it in your eyes? He just fought the 2nd best middleweight in the world. Canelo has one of the better resumes in boxing.

Impressive??

Really? Smh* I want you to give me the impressive list of fighters he beat before LARA? I will wait..

Autin Trout?
Kermit Cintron?
Ryan Rhodes?
Jose Cotto?
Carlos Baldomir?

Give me a break. These are the great Fighters he beat before LARA you are talking about??
eyes.gif
[/quote]
You forgot Archie Solis. 

It's a false equivalency to simply say all these guys are running game when the situations aren't all that remotely similar.  

They are not as dissimilar as you'd like to believe.

But I see where your head is on all of this.

They are not as dissimilar as you'd like to believe.

But I see where your head is on all of this.
laugh.gif
 Agree to disagree then bruh 

Impressive??

Autin Trout?
Kermit Cintron?
Ryan Rhodes?
Jose Cotto?
Carlos Baldomir?

Give me a break. These are the great Fighters he beat before LARA you are talking about?? :rolleyes

Show me where I said to judge his resume at 23.

Learn how to read. I CLEARLY said "at 26".

Dudes is so petty with the hate they're quick to react.

And I don't know why anybody bad mouths Trout. Dude was one of the top fighters at 154 when he fought Canelo and I remember lots of people picking Trout to win.

Show me the resume of any 26 year old boxing, and let's compare it to Canelo's. I BET you can't find a better resume of any fighter 26 or younger.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom