Official 2017 Boxing Thread: 12/16 - Billy Joe Saunders vs. David Lemieux HBO

Who will be the winner of Terence Crawford vs. Julius Indongo fight?

• Crawford

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Indongo

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Si. For the kovelev sound effects.

And i want to see 24/7.

I just cant wait to see wards wack ***, overated ***, no fan base ***, son of judges ***, ticket giving cuz no one coppin ***, stupid wack mohawk fade ***, bear hugging ***, knocked tf out.
Tell em why you mad son [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Still the best face off of the whole series, I couldn't wait to watch the fight after this. Margarito was on his supervillain ****, and then when Cotto pulled out the Ipad and zoomed in on the picture of the wraps I was like oh **** :wow: :lol:

The rest of them were wack in comparison tho. I doubt Ward Kovalev would've given anything worthwhile

Cotto/Martinez Face Off was entertaining.

Mayweather/Mosley Face Off was :lol: when Shane was smiling nodding his head then Max drops the bomb on him that the writer thinks Floyd was going to have the superior career.

This just reminded me. Whats the deal with Victor Ortiz vs Brandon Rios? Their 24/7 or whatever buildup they use will be epic.

Last edited:
The Chavez camp tried to get Roach to come in and take over 10 days before the fight [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Lance Pugmire‏Verified account @latimespugmire  12h12 hours ago
 If @GGGBoxing wins Sept. 16, there is a rematch clause for @Canelo to invoke. If Canelo wins, he can choose whoever he wants next.

Boxing media loves acting like regular stuff is shocking. I would've bet the house on the A-side having a rematch clause and the B-side not having one. This is extra normal.

It's just GGGs titles on the line right? Canelo doesn't hold any belts at the moment?

Main Events’ chief Kathy Duva told RingTV.com the hows and whys from their side of the line.

“HBO was set up to shoot a Face Off with Sergey and Ward today (Sunday),” Duva said. “That is why we all came out to Las Vegas this weekend. It was the only date where we could sync everyone’s schedules. A great deal of money and time was expended to set this up.

“And this morning, a few hours before the taping, HBO and I got an email from Roc Nation informing us that Andre had already left town. So unprofessional. And such disregard for the money wasted by both his promoter and Main Events. More important, an HBO crew was at the studio setting this up at 4:00 a.m. because Ward’s people insisted that we start as early as possible today.”

I talked to a source with knowledge of the matter from the Ward perspective. The source said actually, it was Kovalev who no showed. The two men were supposed to both be interviewed Saturday night in Vegas during the HBO PPV topped by the Canelo Alvarez-Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. fight.

Kovalev didn’t take part, Ward did, the source said.

The Oakland boxer then decided to leave. He wasn’t going to go out of his way to accommodate Kovalev after the Russian disseminated three weeks ago what the New York Post called  “a new promo for the bout on his social media account that is rife with racist and anti-gay slurs.”
https://www.ringtv.com/499789-main-events-puts-ward-social-media-blast-skipping-face-off/

MOMENTS after stopping Wladimir Klitschko in their topsy-turvy heavyweight unification fight, Anthony Joshua  almost went at it with Vitali Klitschko as well, according to promoter Eddie Hearn.

Joshua rose from the first knockdown of his professional career to stop Klitschko in the 11th round of an instant classic  at Wembley Stadium.

However, while consoling Wladimir in the ring afterward, WBA and IBF heavyweight champion Joshua had a slight brush with his older brother Vitali.

“He [Joshua] will learn [from the fight]. There were little things, in the ring before the fight Vitali was staring at him, then he started staring at Vitali and all that’s designed to do is use up energy. You’re just using up emotions and he’ll learn from that,” Hearn told Boxing News.

“Once he’s in that mode, he’s a nasty, horrible man in that ring. Outside the ring, one of the nicest guys you could meet, inside it – horrible. He and Vitali nearly came to blows after the fight. He went over to Wladimir and thanked him and Josh was tired and he went on and on, ‘seriously man,’ talking about the fight, and Vitali was like ‘alright, alright’ [Hearn stretches his arm across as if pushing someone away] and Josh was like ‘f*** you.’ But Vitali can handle himself, he’s not exactly a pushover.”

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/how-anthony-joshua-nearly-came-to-blows-with-vitali-klitschko/

laugh.gif
 Vitali 
pimp.gif

What has kovolev said that people call him racist?
nerd.gif
People point to this interview and the Adonis Stevenson thing.  He called Grover Young a "purebred N"

- The legendary Bernard Hopkins believes that you do not have anything special. 

- Dark-skinned like a lot to talk about. For them it's part of the show. Hopkins such. Before the fight with Nathan Cleverly's father also promised that I "bury". Then we met, I had "pulled" and said that he was too much excess affords. He said, "Get real, we have no personal dislike to you, I do it to attract interest in the fight." I'm not an actor, not a talker, I'm a fighter, used to decide everything in the ring. They all talk a lot, and then firmly "asleep."

- One day after a fight with Grover Young, by the way, the only draw match in your career, you call your opponent "purebred ******." Why? 

- We had a fight with him by accident. I was getting ready for a fight with another guy went to the weigh and Egis said that the enemy "broke", although there is a replacement, but it is harder to 9 pounds (4.5 kilograms), so you can dine. When we got on the scales, Young heavier than 6 pounds, but I did not bother. Then we were holding each opponent, the promoter was not us. So the next day the battle - at a party Play Boy. Among the spectators' misski "different years, naked girls in body paint instead of swimsuits. In the first round Grover tried to do something else, but I quickly picked up the keys to it. In the second, he got a bit tired and decided to get away with pretending that I got him heavily on the head. Young referee seduced. A Young - he's an actor, he fell to the floor, demanded a stretcher. The rules also have a point that if the fight lasts less than four rounds and stops due to injury, the judge set off a technical draw. I later met Yang at the hotel - a happy, telling jokes to his coach. Asked him, "Why are not you in intensive care, because, judging by your antics, you're on the verge of death?" He started screaming something about a rematch, and I asked him not to delay, go for hotel and arrange it there . "No, no, no, that's illegal," - he said. I was hurt that this "sunburnt" easy money earned. Egis paid him 4,000 dollars, but it turns out nothing.

- Grover - the main villain, whom you met in the ring? 

- Well ... Just as the villain he behaved unsportsmanlike. Generally some reason among blacks across inadequate guys. If they sparring something does not work, then you can and hit the elbow. Was a case where the "white" beat "black." So he drew his gun after a workout and began waving it in the face of the enemy, threatening to shoot him. This abnormal behavior. I'm not racist, I understand that everywhere there are good and bad guys, but these "tanned" every day I like less. I live in Florida, there are many illegals-islanders, I can see how they behave.
I think Beterbiev has called him a racist as well because Kov talked some **** about Chechens (Beterbiev is Chechen), which goes back to the whole Russian-Chechen beef. 

Last edited:

Main Events’ chief Kathy Duva told RingTV.com the hows and whys from their side of the line.

“HBO was set up to shoot a Face Off with Sergey and Ward today (Sunday),” Duva said. “That is why we all came out to Las Vegas this weekend. It was the only date where we could sync everyone’s schedules. A great deal of money and time was expended to set this up.

“And this morning, a few hours before the taping, HBO and I got an email from Roc Nation informing us that Andre had already left town. So unprofessional. And such disregard for the money wasted by both his promoter and Main Events. More important, an HBO crew was at the studio setting this up at 4:00 a.m. because Ward’s people insisted that we start as early as possible today.”

I talked to a source with knowledge of the matter from the Ward perspective. The source said actually, it was Kovalev who no showed. The two men were supposed to both be interviewed Saturday night in Vegas during the HBO PPV topped by the Canelo Alvarez-Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. fight

Kovalev didn’t take part, Ward did, the source said.

The Oakland boxer then decided to leave. He wasn’t going to go out of his way to accommodate Kovalev after the Russian disseminated three weeks ago what the New York Post called
 “a new promo for the bout on his social media account that is rife with racist and anti-gay slurs.”
https://www.ringtv.com/499789-main-events-puts-ward-social-media-blast-skipping-face-off/

Makes more sense now. So HBO should be heated at both if Kovalev was supposed to be there for an interview during the Canelo/Chavez card.

So Kovalev or his team posted that video?

Back
Top Bottom