Official 2017 Boxing Thread: 12/16 - Billy Joe Saunders vs. David Lemieux HBO

Who will be the winner of Terence Crawford vs. Julius Indongo fight?

• Crawford

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Indongo

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Canelo yelling out, "Gennedy where are you!"
That was comedy...
GGG should have done the undertaker intro after his promo video, it would have been crazy...

undertaker-lightning-o.gif

I don't understand how some think that Chavez Jr threw the fight. This is how he's always been, it would be surprising if he actually put up a valiant effort. :lol:

I'm not a big fan of Jrs so I don't recall many of his fights but his punch output seemed absurdly low last night.

Funny thing is, JR made the weight and was in great shape (for his standards). He just flat out couldn't handle the power or speed of Canelo. I was waiting for Canelo to pull the Mcgregor/Alvarez and just put his gloves behind his back and stand there smh.

For Jr that was his victory, save his paycheck and to hell with the fight. That 1 million per pound over was his only focus for this fight.

What happened during the Ward and Lampley interview yesterday?

Some have been pointing to that as the reason for Ward's no show. I only tuned in for the main event so I didn't get to see it.

Junior is so bad that if he sparred with his dad, Senior would outwork him.

I heard from one of the youtube boxing channels that that they were making a big deal out of Chavez Jr. reportedly sparring for 12 rounds for the FIRST time ever. Most boxers do 15 rounds in preparation for a fight. :smh:

Last edited:

Ward was a no show for the HBO Face Off, so its cancelled now.
Nahhhhhh please tell me its a lie. He knew he lost.

SOJ is a whole ***** and a half.
 Chris Mannix‏Verified account @ChrisMannixYS  3h3 hours ago
 HBO officials are furious at Andre Ward for blowing off the Kovalev Face Off. The segment--a staple of HBO's PPV's--will not be rescheduled.
 Main Events‏ @Main_Events  11h11 hours ago
Replying to @Main_Events @andreward @KrusherKovalev
The @HBOboxing crew started setting up at 4 am today. Sergey broke training camp to come to Vegas from Big Bear. But Ward is a NO SHOW.

Last edited:
Even if you look in this thread, the narrative has been the same on both sides for months. Even I'm sick of it :lol:

Let them just fight again already.

But that's just me as a fan. HBO should be absolutely furious and I'm surprised that isn't iron clad locked into the deal.

I've seen contracts where ******* tweets are required.

And MainEvents being tight about Kovalev breaking camp is exactly why I'm sure Andre gives zero damns about it all :lol:

Unless Ward had a legit emergency he should be reamed about this.  Be a professional and do the things you are obligated to do. As much flack as Kovalev gets for being a ****, he showed up to this faceoff and broke camp for it. 

Really he should lose money considering the fight is a PPV and promotion is of the essence.

Like I said, this should be contractually obligated. At which point he would be in breach right now.

Back
Top Bottom