Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

What are some realistic things the coaching staff can do to mitigate these ridiculous free throw disparities ? I've never seen anything like this with any other teams. Don't even think Harden would get any calls if he played for the Knicks
Coach need to risk a couple fines and suspension.

Complain about it for consecutive games, make a video of all the non-called clear fouls and phantom fouls that are called, then send it to the ref association, player association, Silver, and the media.

Thing is ppl will say our defense sucks and that's why the disparity is so huge.

Melo seems like he goes to the rim OK so as long as he goes hard

Rose just does a poor job of selling contact. Part of it is he's always twisting his body in the air to try and make the layup. Might be better if he's going direct to the hoop, as if the opponent is not there.

Last edited:
Coach need to risk a couple fines and suspension.

Complain about it for consecutive games, make a video of all the non-called clear fouls and phantom fouls that are called, then send it to the ref association, player association, Silver, and the media.

Thing is ppl will say our defense sucks and that's why the disparity is so huge.

Those all sound like viable options and need to be done asap. Our defense isn't great at all (better without Noah) but opposing teams consistently get away with murder and we never get away with anything or get to the line on a consistent basis ever. You look at rose getting mauled down low on consecutive possessions no call look at KP getting hacked on a jump shot and they call it non shooting. Kemba gets in the paint and the refs have the whistles ready to blow. I never really cared about the refs and just chalked it up to they dont like melo but after that Boston game and looking at every game this season it's absolutely ridiculous how we can't get to the line but the opposing team gets there at will, style of play doesn't even matter.

Last edited:
I really like Roses aggressiveness but he doesn't get the team comfortable to start games.

The offense is very clumsy and stagnant to start games. Soon as Jennings get in there, there's so much more motion and fluidity.

Again, I don't wanna sound like a Rose hater, but he's pissed me off A lot more then made me smile. He barely gives Porzingis the ball out the pick and roll with those two. He will take the double team with him into the paint then cross court pass, skip pass or jump pass to a difficult spot and KP will be wide open top of the key. He's just not comfortable setting guys up and he's definitely not comfortable with not being the man yet. He still wants to show he has it, and I like that, but not at the expense of playing winning basketball.

Rose is better, but given what BJ is giving us defensively as well as being able to set dudes up and operate the offense smoothly, it's not by much. Very slight right now based on the play I've seen this year.

Rose as a go to bench scorer ONLY > Rose as a playmaker/set up guy.

I can see Rose being so dangerous off the bench as a primary scorer.

hate watching games like that. I dont think we're at the point where we could take moral victories. we lose a game we had a lead in. doesnt matter if we started off slow.

we needed that W.

all i can say is, the hornets are happy they don't have to see us for a WHILE.

we gave em a fight but hopefully guys take away that we CANNOT lose games like that.

we're nowhere near accomplished to say that we played well and that there's another day. that killer instinct needs to be developed early and progress accordingly.

Melo looked gassed as hell. as expected. no way did i think he'd come out firing the same way. his energy affected us on defense down the stretch.

i was hoping horny would take him out eventually. he looked like he just wanted to sit. i understand hes the main guy, but come on son. give us a chance . son was tired and botched that final play.

but we lost because we couldn't capitalize the Hornets did NOT want that game. once we came back in, we had chances to score like 5 times straight. came up empty. them dudes didnt want it and we couldnt slit their throats.

also, brandon jennings deserved to play down the stretch. he's literally the reason we are into these games. he had an edge over the CHA guards. reward the man for that.

politics is the worst when it comes to sports.

Second game of a back to back, on the road, after an OT victory vs a playoff team on a 4 game losing streak...I expected us to lose by much more.

Yea we should've/could've still won that game after retaking the lead but our top gun just didn't have the legs. And we still need him to give us that extra push against quality teams.

Hornacek had a tough job last night trying to keep everyone fresh but he goofed by keeping Noah in the game WAAAY too long. Soon as KoQ and Jennings came in we started climbing back.

BJ also should've been in there to close the game but I understand going to Rose to close things out.

Not even mad about this loss. We've shown that we're a better team than Charlotte and this will just make the squad hungrier going forward.

Lol, as long as Noah starts, the beginning of games are always going to be a problem. You're putting the blame on the wrong starter [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

I do not see a case for Jennings starting over Rose at all. Won't fix anything as long as Noah continues to start.

As for closing the game...yes, I think Jennings has shown he can close games...alongside Rose though, not in place of him.

Jennings will be able to close a lot of games. I'd need to watch the game again, but maybe coach just wanted to go with a taller backcourt to finish the game. That's all.

Last edited:
Lol, as long as Noah starts, the beginning of games are always going to be a problem. You're putting the blame on the wrong starter [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Come on my g. Cut it out, you don't HAVE to defend him every time he's mentioned. Sheesh.

Everything I'm saying is a fact.

Roses handle is super suspect right now too. He's running faster then the ball. He at his best when he has tunnel vision to the rim.

When you MAKE him be a PG he's not confident, competent or calculated.

He gets stuck in between being a play maker and scorer and he's obviously uncomfortable with it, especially playing with a bunch of guys he's never played with. He's also playing for a new contract. It's a tough and weird spot for him. He wants to show he can do old Rose things but he's not old Rose anymore. He isn't doing well with adjusting at all.

i believe Horny knows thats quintessentially the problem. He literally played Noah for 5 minutes in the 3rd and never brang him back in. So i believe Horny presses the right buttons.

listen, my critique of the game isnt all horny. im a believer that it's the guys on the floor who makes things happen. the coach decides who goes out there but he cant hustle for them. we need to develop that "switch". i put it in quotes because it's not necessarily an on and off thing. it's more of a recognition. i THINK we have guys who are capable of stepping on throats. but the awareness is only truly viable when ALL 5 guys on the floor believe it. At times, it seemed like we were playing to get back in the game, instead of playing to win it. you guys following me ? Im just curious how this team is going to develop that sense. a W in this game would have been a great stepping stone in that direction. we need guys to impose their will on the game the same way BJ did it. imagine if the majority of our roster comes with that intensity and fight. thats what i want.

I like Rose, he's been giving his all, I respect it. He's still one of the fastest most explosive players in the league.

He's just not giving us what we need as a STARTING POINT GUARD (period)

If you think the problem with the beginning of games has to do with Rose then I don't know what to tell you :lol:

OK, bro

I think he has adjusted well. He's never been a third option on a team before and I think he's dealing with that well. He just has to finish better around the basket which will come with time.

That jump pass is never going away though :lol:

Last edited:
That foul Kemba got at the end of the 4th was a BS call. Weak ****** call.

KP looking like a star. He's our white Ewing.

Coaching looks like they're figuring lineups. Players look like they're starting to mesh. Team looks okay and looking like they'll improve.

Rose is looking good, but I sort of agree, he's just not the right PG for this starting unit. He sometimes makes up his mind when he wants to score and will have complete tunnel vision and look off wide open players.

Ehh once Rose gets up to speed, I hope the complaints goes away. The trend for the last two years has been that he starts playing well after the all star break, for one reason or another. But no one was saying Aaron Brooks should be starting over Rose any of those seasons.

Rose starting off slowly. Ain't even worried.

And he's not even the reason for the slow start at games, anyway.

You sit Noah to start. Problem solved.

Jennings has been balling, no doubt. But you got to consider when he subs in the game (when Noah is sitting) He boosts the team when he comes in but the team also gets a boost when Noah sits :lol:

Last edited:
BJ is the heart and soul of this team. Imagine if everyone came into every game with the same drive, passion, and intensity as him. Noah is a ******* bum and I'm tired of him already, he's 90% of the reason for our awful starts. Start O'Quinn and bring him off the bench.

Last edited:
Jennings is an energizer for damn sure. But to me that's more the reason why he should be on the bench, to lead the bench. Energy, passionate guys are great bench players. Example: Nate Robinson comes to mind.

Jennings is an energizer for damn sure. But to me that's more the reason why he should be on the bench, to lead the bench. Energy, passionate guys are great bench players. Example: Nate Robinson comes to mind.

I agree.

He makes Holiday, Willy, & Kuz better than they are with his ability to push the tempo

we need to trade Noah the first chance we get
Doesn't even matter what we get back

To be fair when he started for us in the preseason the offense did look way better. I'm not saying bench Rose but I am saying Brandon runs the team way better and plays hard as **** starting or coming off the bench. Only thing I need Rose to do is hit KP on those pick and rolls and stop turning the ball over so much. He has all the tools to be the best third option in the league (not counting the beta boys) if he can clean a couple things up

Last edited:
Not saying BJ should start, just saying going forward i dont think Rose is the right PG for this current starting 5.

Back
Top Bottom