Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

Melo is here to stay. He's not going anywhere unless it's to a better situation.

None of the good teams need him

Melo is here to stay. He's not going anywhere unless it's to a better situation.

None of the good teams need him

there are quite a few "good teams" that do need a Carmelo Anthony to take them the distance. i'm not saying he's Lebron or Steph, but there are a few playoff teams that need a guy to put up 18-20ppg and not be their #1 player. he is still a guy that teams account for and plan their defense around. the refs, media, and no-nothing fans may not respect him, but a lot of players do.

there are quite a few "good teams" that do need a Carmelo Anthony to take them the distance. i'm not saying he's Lebron or Steph, but there are a few playoff teams that need a guy to put up 18-20ppg and not be their #1 player. he is still a guy that teams account for and plan their defense around. the refs, media, and no-nothing fans may not respect him, but a lot of players do.
Who, where you see him fitting in well?  Genuinely curious

im not too worried... just disappointed with the loses which were winnable games... during the dantoni era in melo first year we had a couple 6 game losing streaks and still made the playoffs... and same when dantonio resigned and woody took over the following year...

hmmm...  Would they have the money to take on his contract?  And what could they give back?  They seem like more of the type to sign Melo as an FA than make a trade but idk.

i'm not saying a trade would happen. i was just commenting on the fact that playoffs teams could definitely use Melo. the Clippers could use a scorer. PLEASE don't say that Blake is better. Melo and DeAndre would be sooooo much better than the 12-13 Melo and Tyson combo when he played the 4. Boston and Atlanta could both use scorers and are pretty weak at SF. less likely Atlanta bc they already have Millsap. OKC is in dire need of another scorer and the Griz are pretty weak at SF, but their front court situation is the same as the Hawks.

And that's why people don't come here. They see the disrespect. Remember the reception Melo got in Miami vs the boos at the Garden?

Last edited:
Why's that?

Pop is synonymous for being hard on his star players and holding them accountable, I don't know if Melo has had that ever in his professional career, and to Pop it doesn't matter if you're the star or the towel boy, you get treated the same. If Melo were to come to SA, is he willing to not be the man, I mean Pop and Buford are all about the team concept, I think it would be a hard adjustment for Melo down here (I live in Texas when I'm not stationed in Bahrain).

If Melo would've been dealt to San Antonio instead of here he would be a champion and everyone would look at his career totally different.

You know what, I agree. If he could've forced his way there during that time he'd be a champion. There was already a stable foundation within the front office, and on the court. No one would be judging him because he chose to go to a small market team that was and still at times thought to be "boring" to win, he would've been saluted. But he came to NY and you know the rest....

i'm not saying a trade would happen. i was just commenting on the fact that playoffs teams could definitely use Melo. the Clippers could use a scorer. PLEASE don't say that Blake is better. Melo and DeAndre would be sooooo much better than the 12-13 Melo and Tyson combo when he played the 4. Boston and Atlanta could both use scorers and are pretty weak at SF. less likely Atlanta bc they already have Millsap. OKC is in dire need of another scorer and the Griz are pretty weak at SF, but their front court situation is the same as the Hawks.
Blake has a lot of issues of his own, but Melo's significantly older than Blake so they're not of a comparable value as assets at this point.   

I think Boston, Atlanta, and OKC would all be good trade partners for NYK.  The issue is if Melo would be willing to go to any of those teams.
If Melo would've been dealt to San Antonio instead of here he would be a champion and everyone would look at his career totally different.
San Antonio doesn't trade for players like Melo, though....

Also Melo wouldn't have gone there, he wanted to come to a bad team and be the man.  Which is exactly his problem in the first place.

Last edited:
the one thing i really don't get is why CP3 doesn't get half of the hate that Melo gets. he's another very popular player that has achieved nothing.

the one thing i really don't get is why CP3 doesn't get half of the hate that Melo gets. he's another very popular player that has achieved nothing.
I guess because he's been a much better player than Melo.  But I agree with you that he deserves criticism and his attitude is a problem for that team with all of the whining, etc.  On the court he doesn't present the same issues as Melo though.

Pop is synonymous for being hard on his star players and holding them accountable, I don't know if Melo has had that ever in his professional career, and to Pop it doesn't matter if you're the star or the towel boy, you get treated the same. If Melo were to come to SA, is he willing to not be the man, I mean Pop and Buford are all about the team concept, I think it would be a hard adjustment for Melo down here (I live in Texas when I'm not stationed in Bahrain).

I'd give him the benefit of the doubt professionally. He's 32 now and he wouldn't have to deal with Pop sending subliminals like Phil does. Plus the Spurs are probably the best organization in sports and the only player that couldn't adapt was Captain Jack. :lol: As far the city life it would be a huge change but that San Antonio bbq is worth it alone lol

The question I ask is why exactly does Melo get so much hate in the first place [emoji]129300[/emoji]

The question I ask is why exactly does Melo get so much hate in the first place [emoji]129300[/emoji]
You really don't get it?  You don't see the flaws in his game and leadership compared to his contemporaries?  You think it's all just bad luck?

Back
Top Bottom