Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

Melo was a #1 option on a tailor made Nuggets team and that Kidd team and still couldnt win. He never was a never will be the #1 option on a championship team.

Nothing wrong with being a #2 option. Wade, Kobe, Pau, Pippen, Pierce, Tony and the list goes on were all great players.

He got to the Western Conference Finals with a tailored Nuggets team and solid coaching

Thats more than Chris Paul can say and he's been undoubtably the #1 option in NO & LA

Melo was also playing with a torn labrum in the 2013 playoffs so yeah

Getting to the WCF isn't winning though. Not that it matters, but if Chris Paul was on the East for most of his prime, I'm 90% sure he would he lead his team to the ECF more than once.

If you have to assemble an absolutely perfect team/coach to just get into the playoffs or even past the first round then i'm sorry you're not a #1 option.

Last edited:
This game randomly popped up on my YouTube suggestions a few days ago :lol:.

I sat and watched the entire tape. All Star game ain't the same man :smh:

When Wade accidentally broke Kobe's nose when strapping him in '12 was the turning point into absolutely no effort.

SAD!

Yup, joint this year was pure cringe. I felt embarrassed watching it because of the lack of defensive effort :smh:

Getting to the WCF isn't winning though. Not that it matters, but if Chris Paul was on the East for most of his prime, I'm 90% sure he would he lead his team to the ECF more than once.

If you have to assemble an absolutely perfect team/coach to just get into the playoffs or even past the first round then i'm sorry you're not a #1 option.

Melo in '09, shoulda had his 2011 Dirk moment. They woulda won if Kenyon Martin could inbound the damn ball....or not foul Kobe by reaching in when up 1......with .30secs left....25 feet away from the basket....on the road....with a chance to go up 2-0 heading back to Denver :smh:

Don't mind me....just a lil PTSD.

But Melo as a #2 or #3 option at this stage can get it done. Paul Pierce's whole career trajectory changed once KD and Ray came.

I think Knicks gotta cut their losses with Melo and let him flourish elsewhere. He's wasting his talents right now....and the Knicks need to commit to a full rebuild.

Last edited:
Completely agree. Pre championship Paul Pierce is actually a great comparison for Melo.

Also, It's just way too obvious that his brand is whats more important to him. If I was in a relationship for 6 years with someone and it just isn't working why do I continue to stay? The only reason I stay is because of the comfort and the stubbornness that one day it'll all work out.

Melo is way too comfortable here that he really doesn't care about winning as much as you think he should. I'd be asking for a trade if I were him. He's literally handicapping us as a franchise and his career as a player who can still help another team win one. Why should we continue to build around a 32 year old? We've tried for years now, It just doesn't work with him. Unless your name is Lebron or you're as efficient as Dirk it just isn't happening.

Last edited:
But Paul Pierce didn't have to leave the Celtics to play with other star players still in their prime and win a championship :lol:

5 years here with one winning season and Melo is too comfortable and doesn't care about winning. Gotta say yall don't know what you're talking about.

Last edited:
This game randomly popped up on my YouTube suggestions a few days ago :lol:.

I sat and watched the entire tape. All Star game ain't the same man :smh:

When Wade accidentally broke Kobe's nose when strapping him in '12 was the turning point into absolutely no effort.

SAD!

The rest of the stars are literally on like 5 teams :lol:

NBA sucks.

I'm watching the 2001 all star game right now and I think we had the most all stars from one team with 2 along with the Raps and Kings. LA had two but Shaq was out with injury

This one was the [emoji]128016[/emoji] for me. :smokin :smokin

But Paul Pierce didn't have to leave the Celtics to play with other star players still in their prime and win a championship :lol:

5 years here with one winning season and Melo is too comfortable and doesn't care about winning. Gotta say yall don't know what you're talking about.

Man if he cared as much as you think he does he woulda left when he had the opportunity, never requested a NTC, and not have meetings with the front office reiterating that he wants to stay. He knows more than any of us that he's not winning **** as a Knick.

Last edited:

What are you even saying man....

:lol:

Melo cares, you see those shots of him having dinner with Phil in the offseason, management just keeps selling him bull ****. Bull **** he accepts because of his family.

To say Melo doesn't care about winning just means you're reading into those false narratives that dumb beat writers want you to believe

This man has won at every single level of ball besides the NBA but y'all wanna keep saying he ain't a real winner 
laugh.gif

What are you even saying man....

:lol:
Yall don't know what you're talking about.

Melo has suffered multiple losing seasons here. Worse than when he was with the Nuggets and yall dudes are saying he doesn't want to win and has gotten comfortable.

Basically clueless. He legit wants to be here and wanted to build a winning team. Pretty much saying if he don't go ring chasing he don't want to win. Maybe that's not how he wants to win?

Last edited:

Melo has suffered multiple losing seasons here. Worse than when he was with the Nuggets and yall dudes are saying he doesn't want to win and has gotten comfortable.

Basically clueless. He legit wants to be here and wanted to build a winning team. Pretty much saying if he don't go ring chasing he don't want to win.. Maybe that's not how he wants to win?

Do you even read?

We said he should leave the Knicks and be a second option/contributor on a good team :lol:

It's not about "ring chasing"....it's about Melo still being a valuable and productive player at this stage.....and that's best served elsewhere. You think you can build around a 32 year old Melo....for the future with some young pieces? :lol:.

Then again....idk why I'm responding to you on the topic of basketball. Something something you said about rookie contracts a few weeks ago :lol:

Don't know why yall focused on the draft.

What young player wants to be drafted here? Prepare for the awkward interviews draft night. Any player bolting after that rookie contract.

Yet WE don't know what we're talking about?

:rofl:

Last edited:

Basically clueless. He legit wants to be here and wanted to build a winning team. Pretty much saying if he don't go ring chasing he don't want to win.. Maybe that's not how he wants to win?

Do you even read?

We said he should leave the Knicks and be a second option/contributor on a good team :lol:
What does that have to do with yall not knowing what you're talking about saying Melo has gotten comfortable and doesn't want to win?

It's not about "ring chasing"....it's about Melo still being a valuable and productive player at this stage.....and that's best served elsewhere. You think you can build around a 32 year old Melo....for the future with some young pieces? :lol:.
When did I say that? and What does that have to do with yall not knowing what you're talking about saying Melo has gotten comfortable and doesn't want to win?

Then again....idk why I'm responding to you on the topic of basketball. Something something you said about rookie contracts a few weeks ago :lol:
I see you trying to deflect hard as **** here because you don't know what the **** you're talking about at all :lol:

Just wasted a lot of txt with this is what I really meant. Melo should go be a 2nd option, play somewhere else blah blah

**** outta here.

Don't know why yall focused on the draft.

What young player wants to be drafted here? Prepare for the awkward interviews draft night. Any player bolting after that rookie contract.

Yet WE don't know what we're talking about?

:rofl:
What does that have to do with yall not knowing what you're talking about saying Melo has gotten comfortable and doesn't want to win?

The answer is not a damn thing and you know it which is why you talking about other ****. You should read before you reply.

Last edited:
When did I say that? and What does that have to do with yall not knowing what you're talking about saying Melo has gotten comfortable and doesn't want to win?
I see you trying to deflect hard as **** here because you don't know what the **** you're talking about at all :lol:

Just wasted a lot of txt with this is what I really meant. Melo should go be a 2nd option, play somewhere else blah blah

**** outta here.

The answer is not a damn thing and you know it which is why you talking about other ****. You should read before you reply.

Quote me where I said "Melo is comfortable and doesn't wanna win"? I'll wait. Everybody in the NBA wants to win. Melos best chance to do that is as a 2nd or 3rd option on a better team. There's no at around that. It's cut and dry. And it's ok.

How the **** do you build a winning team around a 32 year old star player....that's clearly regressing in a toxic environment? Please let me know.

And you posted "dudes don't know what we're talking about".....

A ***** that think Rookies can just "bolt" after their rookie contracts are up (especially under the new CBA)....obviously isn't qualified to have THESE type of basketball discussions :lol:.

In all honesty, Melo had an article (this past summer I think) that sounded like the words of a man who knew he wasn't going to ever win a ring. Not because he didn't want one but he knew his chances were slim.

Things could've changed since then but when I read it I found it interesting. Wish I could find it because it went into detail about what his focus was at the time. He sounded content with being known for his accomplishments off the court more so than anything else.

This franchise [emoji]128528[/emoji]

And we will have a man named Sasha on the roster, but Brandon gets the boot? At times, the only mf'er who seemed to care about that NEW YORK across his chest.

I can't deal with this **** anymore.

Why waive Jennings though? I'm really confused. Meanwhile Sasha STILL has a roster spot. I'm confused.

Back
Top Bottom