Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

New CBA allowing for 6 year max contracts. This has disaster written all over it
mean.gif

He truly enjoys living in New York.

He truly is committed to the Knicks.

So midway through his five-year contract as Knicks president, Phil Jackson isn't expected to go anywhere.

As much as Jackson's late-in-life return to his original franchise has been questioned from every angle, he has found a level of comfort with his new job and environs.

Jackson fully intends to finish the two years after this season on his Knicks contract, according to NBA sources. Despite all the attention on his opt-out clause in 2017, he might even want to do a new deal that starts in 2019.

Jackson's competitive fire is fully aflame now that the Knicks are on the upswing—they are 14-11 and have won 11 of their past 16 games entering Thursday night against the Golden State Warriors—but it's more than just feeling better about his work.

Jackson has settled into life away from Los Angeles and fiancee Jeanie Buss, exploring the varied non-basketball interests to which New York caters. Jackson is connecting over lively card games or stimulating dinner conversations with friends who knew him before he was famous, feeling the energy of the city.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...s-reunion-so-much-hes-planning-long-term-stay

Bless us.

6 year max contract. That's over half the length of the average nba career. What.

You guys don't remember when they were giving out 7-year max deals?

This works out best for the players IMO. Sucks they didn't approve an amnesty clause, but you have to roll with what you have. It'll be very difficult to move Noah until starts showing up to games.

Durant asked why he didn't join the Knicks, despite Melo's recruiting: "Uh, because I didn't want to."

$10 says Isola asked this question :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
just cut him. idc if we're still paying him. i just don't want him to play.

Doesn't make sense for us to do this from a financial perspective. If we can move him, let's try to get something back in return. Hopefully with the salary cap going up in the next few years, his deal won't be as bad as it is right now.

Last edited:
It's going to be impossible to get anything back for Noah. He's untouchable with that contract.

Keep him for two more years after this because he is still an amazing teammate/culture guy and will help KP but they should Josh Smith him the last year of his contract.

It's going to be impossible to get anything back for Noah. He's untouchable with that contract.

Keep him for two more years after this because he is still an amazing teammate/culture guy and will help KP but they should Josh Smith him the last year of his contract.

I know he hasn't brought anything intangible on the court, but this is probably more invaluable than what other's can bring to the team right now.

Let's face it. You NEED locker room guys on a team. Especially a team with young talent. Noah and Melo will do more for KP than we probably will ever know. The kid already has a better support system than most other rookies. KAT had KG, but it was for only 1-year. Scary to wonder how he'd turn out if he had KG to lean on longer.

Nah, Dirk's achilles has been looking sick and flabby these days, I'm good.

Melo's out tonight. Jah bless, rest up captain. Let that boy KP6 cook tonight, Draymond getting smacked. All we got is us, NYK.

R.I.P. Craig Sager.

Last edited:
I was overcome with emotion after reading the notification on my phone that Craig Sager passed away. Words cannot begin to describe what I'm feeling right now for Craig and his family.

I just hope his family can find some peace during this incredibly difficult time. Damn, this one hurts and hits too close to home.

RIP Craig

RIP Craig Sager :frown:

I'm gonna miss seeing all those fly suits he wore at games. He was pure class in every sense of the word

2016 is a ********** man :smh:

Back
Top Bottom