Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

not sure how to handle Rose's back. day to day seems okay for now, but this on and off ish cant keep happening. he's by far the x-factor on offense. his drives and pressure keeps everyone in check. if his contract wasnt an issue, he'd be resting for an extended period of time until the back is a go.

theres so many what ifs in the air for this team, now i understand why people were so reluctant to make predictions about the team. but so far so good.

i like that we're that kind of team that is competetive every night, give or take a few duds.
i enjoy the process of progress.
i like that the team is not complacent, and realize they can be much better.
the play of kuzminskas, hernangomez, oquinn, and holiday make me very happy.
i like that horny for the most part presses all the right buttons.

we in good shape. 14-12? who the hell am I to want more ?

I love the Knicks, but tbh both Philly and Minnesota have a much brighter future imo. Minnesota's core is set for the next 3-6 years, these guys just need more experience together and some veterans around them and they'll be a top team in the West in a couple of years.

As for us, unless KP becomes the type of player that top free agents will want to come and play with (which he can be), our future is up in the air.

Last edited:
Y'all really think Minny is gonna offer towns, lavine, and Wiggins 200 mill ? This is not NBA 2K. Just because their young and all can score 20+ points does not mean they'll be a great team in a couple years. That core has three years together tops and they aren't going to a damn thing in that time. A couple trades including Wiggins or Lavine and key free agent singings is the only hope for Towns to be a perennial contender if he stays in Minnesota.

I don't see why they can't be like the cassell, sprewell, and KG twolves. The more time they have together the faster they'll learn and grow.

Idk about winning a chip, but who else is the West has a brighter future? No one.

Last edited:
Because 2 of the 3 aren't that good and won't ever be that good. Lavine and Wiggins are extremely flawed players that can score 20. That's it. Towns is on another level but all three are dreadful defensively and don't know anything about playing as a cohesive unit and doing things that translate to W's. Kevin Martin and Kevin Love were once young in Minnesota putting up buckets too

Yes Lavine and Wiggins are mainly offensive minded, but I think Wiggins can def be as good as Sprewell. Their game is already pretty much identical as is. Of course Spree was a vet by the time he was on the Twolves.

You have 3 guys all under 22 averaging 20+ ppg. Add some defenders/rebounders and veterans around them and how do they not get better?

Last edited:
I don't think Wiggins will ever be as good as prime Spree but I can't get mad if you think he has that potential. What game changing vets are gonna come there ? I honestly believe the only way they can become a legit contender in the west is by trading either Lavine or Wiggins and parting with one of their precious draft picks. Gordon Hayward about to be a free agent he's a two way player who can do everything. You pair him and Towns together and get rid of Rubio and find someone who can actually play defense down low they'll be in business but it's gonna take Wiggins or Lavine to go for that to happen.

I think at this point we're seeing the type of player Wiggins will be. He's not a franchise player, but a good #2, great #3 option if he continues to get better. Him and Towns are a legit 1-2 scoring combo down the line.

I agree, a Lavine/Hayward swap is good for both teams. Dont forget they almost got Jimmy Butler for Dunn. Plus that lotto pick they have this year can be played around with too for an actual legitimate PG.

This is why i'm saying they have far better assets and flexibility to max their potential than we do.

Last edited:
Spree was a damn good defender too. Hey I could be totally wrong about Minnesota and their process but I'm just not as optimistic about them as you guys. Everyone who's young and can score the ball don't always turn out to be great two way players or superstars. I'm not seeing a Durant, Westbrook, Harden situation with these guys.

I think at this point we're seeing the type of player Wiggins will be. He's not a franchise player, but a good #2, great #3 option if he continues to get better. Him and Towns are a legit 1-2 scoring combo down the line.

I agree, a Lavine/Hayward swap is good for both teams. Dont forget they almost got Jimmy Butler for Dunn. Plus that lotto pick they have this year can be played around with too for an actual legitimate PG.

This is why i'm saying they have far better assets and flexibility to max their potential than we do.

In terms of flexibility and assets they are probably #1 in that category. All that goes to poop when you actually have to make the decision on who to pay and trying to not lose one for nothing

Last edited:
Luckily for the Knicks, the cap is gonna be 109 mil  when Melo comes off the books. So even with Noah's deal, they'll still have some money to play with.

Last edited:
Chasson Randle had 38 pts (9-11 from 3) tonight for Westchester

Someone gimme a reason why we haven't dropped Ndour or Plumlee for him

Not a ******* day passes in this thread without trade talk, whose team is it talk or tank talk. Got me thinking Isola posts here :lol:

Sad part is that some of these chuckle***** are dead serious. Keep your ideas on 2K you bozos and support your goddamn team. We're literally 3-4 seed and mfers are still whining, complaining and can't even enjoy our squad for what it is.

I feel like we gotta start pulling some cats cards like do you even LIKE the Knicks let alone basketball to be saying some of the most outlandish shlt, and I know it's not just us but...why be like other fanbases. We're rising, let's enjoy it and rock with it. All we got is us, Knicks fans should be unified in our culture, our franchise & players.

****. :lol:

Last edited:
Not a ******* day passes in this thread without trade talk, whose team is it talk or tank talk. Got me thinking Isola posts here :lol:

Sad part is that some of these chuckle***** are dead serious. Keep your ideas on 2K you bozos and support your goddamn team. We're literally 3-4 seed and mfers are still whining, complaining and can't even enjoy our squad for what it is.

I feel like we gotta start pulling some cats cards like do you even LIKE the Knicks let alone basketball to be saying some of the most outlandish shlt, and I know it's not just us but...why be like other fanbases. We're rising, let's enjoy it and rock with it. All we got is us, Knicks fans should be unified in our culture, our franchise & players.

****. :lol:

Preach.

There's only really like 10 posters in this thread who keep things in order somewhat and two of them are D.Rose transplants :lol:

The rest are got damn wackadoo's :smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom