Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
He thinks Dlo will average 30ppg next year....and take the nets to 38 wins.
He may very well average 30 ppg next year given how trash that roster is.  They just arent winning more than 25 games which would make them damn near a lock for a top 3 pick

You cant be serious?

First you gotta understand the nets were starting a backcourt of whitehead and foye last year. Lin/Russell is a significant upgrade to that. They're gonna be throwing money and there's a good chance they get somebody in free agency. When that happens you're stuck with a devalued pick that could've been flipped to add a potential franchise player in a position of need. Boston would still have the Lakers/kings pick which is also probably mid lotto if the Lakers doesn't convey.

Sources: BOS offered NYK its No. 3 pick, a player & an additional lottery pick that they think they can acquire tonight in a trade for KP.

First you gotta understand the nets were starting a backcourt of whitehead and foye last year. Lin/Russell is a significant upgrade to that. They're gonna be throwing money and there's a good chance they get somebody in free agency. When that happens you're stuck with a devalued pick that could've been flipped to add a potential franchise player in a position of need. Boston would still have the Lakers/kings pick which is also probably mid lotto if the Lakers doesn't convey.
No one in their right mind is going to want to play for Brooklyn this year unless you are talking about giving Paul Milsap 150M, not to mention they only have $30M in cap space.  There is not a single free agent in the NBA this year that is going to add more than 5-10 wins this year.  Adding D'lo and Jeremy lin to a back court isnt changing that either.  D'lo will replace Lopez's 20 ppg but he is going to do it on like 39% shooting because he is going to be seeing double teams every night.

Last edited:
The thing with the Nets,which is why their pick next year, may not be as good as people think,

is because if healthy, Russell / Lin will put points on the board and they weren't as terrible as people think. They shoot a ton of 3's, breakneck pace, etc.

they are willing to take on bad deals from other teams to get assets and picks. So they may end up getting a greg monroe or someone like that along with some other FA that won't make a difference playoff wise, but could raise their win total.

I can see 30 wins depending on how they finish the summer out. Losing Brook hurts though.

Last edited:
Brooklyn will be good enough to drop 10+ spots in the draft by trading their best player for someone that will give equal or worse production and Jeremy Lin? :rofl:
Dude I can't :lol:

Yeah it's real... Seen it on my news feed earlier.

Has to be an NTer tho.

yall act like nobody hates lebron outside of niketalk

go take a walk outside fellas

niketalk is only a small percentage of weirdos in the world

i know yall in denial that people could hate lord lebby but thats the world not just niketalk

The thing with the Nets,which is why their pick next year, may not be as good as people think,

is because if healthy, Russell / Lin will put points on the board and they weren't as terrible as people think. They shoot a ton of 3's, breakneck pace, etc.

More importantly though, is that they have a ton of money to spend, and they are willing to take on bad deals from other teams to get assets and picks. So they may end up getting a greg monroe or someone like that along with some other FA that won't make a difference playoff wise, but could raise their win total.

I can see 30 wins depending on how they finish the summer out. Losing Brook hurts though.
They have like 65M in salaries before any cap holds which will be enough for probably 1 max contract after cap holds.  The nets are not winning more than 25 games next year.

lin wont be healthy next year pass november. its gonna be the dlo show for 55 games 
smokin.gif

Funny watching Dloyalist slander Jeremy Lin mercilessly.....Now, they think he's a formidable point guard next to their failed savior Dollywood.

The Brooklyn Lakers fans are something else

No one in their right mind is going to want to play for Brooklyn this year unless you are talking about giving Paul Milsap 150M, not to mention they only have $30M in cap space.  There is not a single free agent in the NBA this year that is going to add more than 5-10 wins this year.  Adding D'lo and Jeremy lin to a back court isnt changing that either.  D'lo will replace Lopez's 20 ppg but he is going to do it on like 39% shooting because he is going to be seeing double teams every night.

Bk played substantially better just when Lin was healthy. Not world beaters but on a pace better than bottom 5. They have some decent young players to go along with any free agents they sign. They signed two RFAs last year that got matched before getting Lin and Booker. They're going to sign somebody and then you have a handful of new teams in the tank race. If I'm Boston I'm not too enamored with that pick that I can't let it go considering what's at stake

Funny watching Dloyalist slander Jeremy Lin mercilessly.....Now, they think he's a formidable point guard next to their failed savior Dollywood.

The Brooklyn Lakers fans are something else
I liked D'lo and thought the trade was ridiculous, but that Nets team is still going to be bad next year.  Adding a greg monroe as someone else suggested would not change that fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom