Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boston Celtics have spoken to the Minnesota Timberwolves about acquiring the 7th pick in the draft, league sources told Basketball Insiders.

Bk played substantially better just when Lin was healthy. Not world beaters but on a pace better than bottom 5. They have some decent young players to go along with any free agents they sign. They signed two RFAs last year that got matched before getting Lin and Booker. They're going to sign somebody and then you have a handful of new teams in the tank race. If I'm Boston I'm not too enamored with that pick that I can't let it go considering what's at stake
I would bet you a $1000 on it but we know how that goes.

Bk played substantially better just when Lin was healthy. Not world beaters but on a pace better than bottom 5. They have some decent young players to go along with any free agents they sign. They signed two RFAs last year that got matched before getting Lin and Booker. They're going to sign somebody and then you have a handful of new teams in the tank race. If I'm Boston I'm not too enamored with that pick that I can't let it go considering what's at stake

I would bet you a $1000 on it but we know how that goes.

There is a 1,000 reasons he won't take that bet.

Funny watching Dloyalist slander Jeremy Lin mercilessly.....Now, they think he's a formidable point guard next to their failed savior Dollywood.

The Brooklyn Lakers fans are something else

Lin is just good enough to make the nets mediocre instead of embarrassing, that's the point

The thing with the Nets,which is why their pick next year, may not be as good as people think,

is because if healthy, Russell / Lin will put points on the board and they weren't as terrible as people think. They shoot a ton of 3's, breakneck pace, etc.

they are willing to take on bad deals from other teams to get assets and picks. So they may end up getting a greg monroe or someone like that along with some other FA that won't make a difference playoff wise, but could raise their win total.

I can see 30 wins depending on how they finish the summer out. Losing Brook hurts though.

Thank you. Repped

Last edited:
Funny watching Dloyalist slander Jeremy Lin mercilessly.....Now, they think he's a formidable point guard next to their failed savior Dollywood.

Lin is just good enough to make the nets mediocre instead of embarrassing, that's the point

The thing with the Nets,which is why their pick next year, may not be as good as people think,

is because if healthy, Russell / Lin will put points on the board and they weren't as terrible as people think. They shoot a ton of 3's, breakneck pace, etc.

they are willing to take on bad deals from other teams to get assets and picks. So they may end up getting a greg monroe or someone like that along with some other FA that won't make a difference playoff wise, but could raise their win total.

I can see 30 wins depending on how they finish the summer out. Losing Brook hurts though.

Thank you. Repped

Boogie couldnt make a difference with Brow and you think Lin+D Lo will put them over 10+ teams?

That actually is a good haul for the Knicks. Just get stretch Joakim's deal at the end of next year and cut Melo.

Thank you. Repped

Boogie couldnt make a difference with Brow and you think Lin+D Lo will put them over 10+ teams?

Exactly, BK will be in the 20-25 win range at most.

Last edited:
I have no idea what's going on in the NBA.

Usually this thread keeps me on top of that but I don't have the heart to read 600posts a day this Summer.

May the Gods be with us.

Long live OKC.

D'Lo is going from 15 PPG to 30 PPG?????
If he does it is because he is shooting 27 times a game on 38%

Brooklyn trotting out Linn, Dlo, Lavert, Hollis Jefferson, and Quincy Avy/Justin Hamilton is not going to win more than 25 games

Last edited:

For starters that's not a 1:1 comparison. And who said putting them over 10+ teams? There's 13 lottery teams so the middle of that would be 6/7. Again with Lin they were at the least better than bottom 5. Then pending trades you have teams like nyk chi Indy loading up the tanks with actual incentive to lose. The risk of that pick not being bottom 5 versus the reward of adding a franchise cornerstone that would complete your team is worth it to me

Last edited:
For starters that's not a 1:1 comparison. And who said putting them over 10+ teams? There's 13 lottery teams so the middle of that would be 6/7. Again with Lin they were at the least better than bottom 5. Then pending trades you have teams like nyk chi Indy loading up the tanks with actual incentive to lose. The risk of that pick not being bottom 5 versus the reward of adding a franchise cornerstone that would complete your team is worth it to me
That's because they were beating up on a bunch of teams who were tanking while they had no incentive to do so.  At the end of the season they beat NY twice, Philly, Detroit, Phoenix, Orlando, Sac. 

Other than that they beat Atl twice and the bulls.  Of course they looked better when they were beating up on a bunch of teams trying to ******* lose when they had no incentive to do the same.

Last edited:
Who didn't see the LMA stuff coming? ***** been onery ever since Lillard took his shine.

I had a feeling this would turn out like Richard Jefferson era with the Spurs.

Ppl forget...RJ was coming off of averaging 20ppg....and was a disappointment with Pop.

DLo gonna score 18 to 20 ppg but shooting at 40% FG and 35% 3FG and the Nets will improve to 25 wins. They will still be a lottery team though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom