Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's talk about CP3 and BG leaving
nerd.gif
Why? They opted out, something everyone knew that they would do?

Remember when KD didn't even give Washington a meeting?

Good point.

But I don't think any NBA star will want to willingly play for DC.

You see how Melo took his *** to NY. That's close enough to the DC I guess :lol:

And KD is currently about those rings. Maybe he will have a change of heart like Bron after winning another.

laugh.gif
whole offense was get the ball to Kobe. Byron as the head coach. Last yr was his true rookie year. Hasty judgement
I'm saying. And Magic and Pelinka weren't even there D'Lo's rookie year at that. But regardless, even if it wasn't about D'Lo IMO you don't say that about any former player when you're the president of Basketball ops. Magic's preaching about a culture change then taking shots when you trade a player is a bad look.

Last edited:
laugh.gif
whole offense was get the ball to Kobe. Byron as the head coach. Last yr was his true rookie year. Hasty judgement
He had problems with Luke though too that resulting in him getting benched. This isn't some fabrication or hit job out to get him. Kid has talent no doubt, but the maturity issues and attitude stuff was real and you can't keep blaming it on everybody else. None of the other players that were subjected to similar circumstances (Randle, Clarkson) have THOSE type of issues. There's a culture shift going, you not putting in the work in ALL aspects, Magic ain't messing with you. 

Last edited:
Just last week I thought Ferguson was a created player in my girl's MyLeague, and next thing I know he's on the Thunder :lol: been looking at highlights. Has a nice natural form and athletic. Too bad he ain't helping Russ

laugh.gif
Either way...he was a member in their franchise for 2 years. Based on Magic's comment...this clearly wasn't an indictment on his TALENT and potential as a basketball player...and many variables extending beyond stats were factored into their decision 

They simply bet on another guy being a BETTER  option for how they envision their team...and acquired cap space in the process 
ohwell.gif

Time will tell if it was a good bet or not. I don't see the issue.

I think D'Lo is going to be good and that this was best for both parties. 

:lol: whole offense was get the ball to Kobe. Byron as the head coach. Last yr was his true rookie year. Hasty judgement
He had problems with Luke though too that resulting in him getting benched. This isn't some fabrication or hit job out to get him. Kid has talent no doubt, but the maturity issues and attitude stuff was real and you can't keep blaming it on everybody else. None of the other players that were subjected to similar circumstances (Randle, Clarkson) have THOSE type of issues. There's a culture shift going, you not putting in the work in ALL aspects, Magic ain't messing with you. 
Maturity issues from a young player on a rebuilding team? Damn can't recover from that I guess.

:lol: whole offense was get the ball to Kobe. Byron as the head coach. Last yr was his true rookie year. Hasty judgement

Either way...he was a member in their franchise for 2 years. Based on Magic's comment...this clearly wasn't an indictment on his TALENT and potential as a basketball player...and many variables extending beyond stats were factored into their decision 

They simply bet on another guy being a BETTER option for how they envision their team...and acquired cap space in the process :\

Time will tell if it was a good bet or not. I don't see the issue.

I think D'Lo is going to be good and that this was best for both parties. 
Yea, I'm aware. it's piss poor evaluation at every step.

Jettisoning a productive #2 pick after year 2 for cap space is stupid.

Betting on Lonzo to be his replacement is stupid.

He's an inferior lead guard to Russell in the modern NBA.

Just piss poor evaluation.

Last edited:
I get why Daniel drafted Jayson Tatum for the perimeter shooting and iso scoring Boston desperately needs however, when are we going to address our frontline? Amir is clearly moving onto another team this upcoming season. Is Jordan Mickey or Olynyk gonna' start?! C'mon Daniel. Grab Larry Sanders or someone.

Who the hell is Zizic?

Ehhhhh. I'm all set.

Mans really said pick up larry sanders though :rofl:

Boston biggest free agent signing in club history is Alfred Horford. New England doesn't attract big free agents. i don't think we're getting Gordon or Blake. Might as well get Larry Sanders.

Poor man's Croatian Tristan Thompson

Garb.

I don't follow?
Head of the PA, restructured these deals for old players and vets to get paid in the new CBA and the PA has been advocating for Players to get their money. So to me, it's kind of backwards if the head of the PA turns down 50+ Ms.

The fact that he was re-elected as the head of pa just strengthens that, I think.

Last edited:
Head of the PA, restructured these deals for old players and vets to get paid in the new CBA and the PA has been advocating for Players to get their money. So to me, it's kind of backwards if the head of the PA turns down 50+ Ms.

The fact that he was re-elected as the head of pa just strengthens that, I think.

oh stop it. You're letting your fandom get to you. I'm hoping he doesn't leave as well, but come on, keep a level head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom