Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh stop it. You're letting your fandom get to you. I'm hoping he doesn't leave as well, but come on, keep a level head.
????

What part of that was "Fandom?"

He literally is the head of the PA and the new CBA went from a Over 36 rule to now over 38 rule and guess who's 32 going on 33 years old and due for a 5 year max? The head of the damn PA.

That's not fandom man.

Do the PA not advocate for their players to get as much money as possible? I don't even get where that could be fandom at all.

Head of the PA, restructured these deals for old players and vets to get paid in the new CBA and the PA has been advocating for Players to get their money. So to me, it's kind of backwards if the head of the PA turns down 50+ Ms.

The fact that he was re-elected as the head of pa just strengthens that, I think.

Will he actually get more money each year or does he get the same amount with an extra year? I know he would have gotten more if he qualified for the super max but I thought he didn't qualify for that?

No hate, legit asking for my knowledge

Last edited:
Will he actually get more money each year or does he get the same amount with an extra year? I know he would have gotten more if he qualified for the super max but I thought he didn't qualify for that?

No hate, legit asking for my knowledge
I don't think it's a super max, it's the over 36 rule which has been altered by CP and Bron to be an over 38 rule.

The rule change also could benefit Chris Paul, who would be eligible to sign a five-year contract with the LA Clippers for up to $210 million this summer. Paul would have been able to sign for four years under the current rules. It could be worth up to $50 million more to him, depending on how the deal gets put together.

Paul is the president of the players' union, and James is the vice president.
So he's going to make this change, and go elsewhere so he doesn't get that last year that he himself advocated for? I mean it's possible, but IMO it isn't likely.

I don't think it's a super max, it's the over 36 rule which has been altered by CP and Bron to be an over 38 rule.

So he's going to make this change, and go elsewhere so he doesn't get that last year that he himself advocated for? I mean it's possible, but IMO it isn't likely.

Good stuff, repped. Thanks for posting that

Last edited:

What if the logo lowballs him[emoji]128064[/emoji]

What if the logo lowballs him[emoji]128064[/emoji]
Tbh it's possible. CP's asking for that 5 years and a NTC, and it appears that his team is putting out the smokescreens of Hou, SAS, Den, etc. for leverage. Think they're playing a game of chicken right now tbh. We'll see though.

Betting on Lonzo to be his replacement is stupid.

He's an inferior lead guard to Russell in the modern NBA.

Just piss poor evaluation.
We'll see.

Like most bets...you hit or you miss. If they hit w/ Lonzo, all the talk about his supposed flaws and his fit into the "modern NBA" will have meant nothing. We get carried away with all these in-depth evaluations when the bottom line is...you either have "it" or you don't.

I could give a **** about his release, his "lack" of mid-range game, yaddda yadda yadda....I think he has it. And it's not like Russell is some SURE thing that makes this so crazy. Both players are under the microscope as it pertains to whether they'll reach their potential or not.

Last edited:
you put kobe over shaq the 3x nba finals mvp

dont get an argument started in here with these laker fans.

the real point is, shuffle those names around any way you want keeping lonzo ball at 4...then rip you face off and throw it in the trash if the list reflects what you truly think

kobe the greatest laker cuz of longevity and shaq is just the goat big man most dominant force i cant wait til our league gets another big man with that gift/talent at that size to just overpower how he did in his prime not to mention how great he is on tv

dont get an argument started in here with these laker fans.

the real point is, shuffle those names around any way you want keeping lonzo ball at 4...then rip you face off and throw it in the trash if the list reflects what you truly think

you took that seriously?

Magic is the GOAT Laker.

He revitalized them and the NBA.

Kobe just basically rode on Shaq and Phil coattails....incredible career and a great player though.

You can't have 2 other players have more Finals MVPs for your franchise and be the best player in said franchise's history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom