OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kayvon Thibodeuax's reclassifying to 2018. Not sure if this is good or bad for USC.

EDIT

Nvm just graduating in the fall.

Mm hmm.

The sky is falling.

We reached McCullough via text and he confirmed that he interviewed for and accepted a position with the Chiefs to coach running backs.

"It was a very hard decision," McCullough said via text. "But working for my former Bengals teammate Eric Bienemy, a great guy like Andy Reid and a family based organization like the Chiefs made it a no-brainer."

Bienemy was recently promoted by Reid from running backs coach to offensive coordinator.

"Please let people know that Clay Helton and Lynn Swann fought hard and stepped up big time to keep me," McCullough added.

Clay tried to match the chiefs offer and the USC administration blocked it. Pretty much confirms they’re out on spending for football.

A&M special teams coordinator Jeff Banks to Bama

Kinda surprised. Figured he’d go West or aim for the NFL. Maybe Bama’s the showcase for that gig.

Or they don’t believe in Helton?

Lol if that fits you’re narrative, sure? There are zero previous examples of the USC admin making football and sports in general the secondary consideration to whatever they want to do.

By the way Lynn Swann the AD advocated for Deland to get a raise as well and the administration told him no too. We’re about to lose Tee and Clancy for the same reasons.

And there was the whole them telling Chris Petersen he couldn’t hire who he wanted and had to keep Ed O on staff.

But sure it’s Helton.

Last edited:
Asked Thursday about a report that Southern Cal offensive coordinator Tee Martin talked with LSU about the coordinator job, Orgeron said the inquiry was one-sided.

"Someone called me," Orgeron said. "Tee and I are very good friends. I received a call (to ask) if there was any interest. I told him, although I do respect Tee, and I do believe he's an excellent offensive coordinator and he's a next-head-coach somewhere, I have my guy."

Martin fit the profile of somebody Orgeron might have considered. LSU has made several coaching staff changes in the one-year-plus that Orgeron has been the head coach, and all assistant coach hires have been people he knew from past coaching stops.

Asked Thursday about a report that Southern Cal offensive coordinator Tee Martin talked with LSU about the coordinator job, Orgeron said the inquiry was one-sided.

"Someone called me," Orgeron said. "Tee and I are very good friends. I received a call (to ask) if there was any interest. I told him, although I do respect Tee, and I do believe he's an excellent offensive coordinator and he's a next-head-coach somewhere, I have my guy."

Martin fit the profile of somebody Orgeron might have considered. LSU has made several coaching staff changes in the one-year-plus that Orgeron has been the head coach, and all assistant coach hires have been people he knew from past coaching stops.

He's lying (or bending the truth.) LSU offered Tee the job. Tee is also being pursued by the Raiders (and possibly so is Clancy) but right now it looks like Tee is staying.

Deland is saying USC offered to give him a raise, but he left because he can't pass up the NFL. Admins matched offers for Keary Colbert and Bryan Ellis too.

There's another coach right now that is being recruited away that the admins are refusing to give a raise to. It's sounding like it's Kenechi Udeze or Nansen which would be big blows.

Yep, i think thats Kenechi. He wants more money and a bigger say. We need to at least keep Nance. It was a matter of time with Kenechi leaving.

Tee should have taken that job with LSU if it was offered. But maybe he was hesitant because O's seat is hotter? Dude really wants to be a head coach and needs a fresh start. I'm wondering if Clay might have told him he should start looking elsewhere because he may not be retained? Rather than fire him, give him a chance to find another gig?

Yep, i think thats Kenechi. He wants more money and a bigger say. We need to at least keep Nance. It was a matter of time with Kenechi leaving.

Tee should have taken that job with LSU if it was offered. But maybe he was hesitant because O's seat is hotter? Dude really wants to be a head coach and needs a fresh start. I'm wondering if Clay might have told him he should start looking elsewhere because he may not be retained? Rather than fire him, give him a chance to find another gig?

It sounds like Swann may have pushed for some firings... and Clay encouraged his brother to take the Tennessee gig and went to bat for Tee and Ronnie. I like Tee, and after more football minded people have explained to me the (ironically, Darnold and o-line caused) limitations on the offense - like the o-line collapsing in 0.5 seconds whenever in pass protection or Darnold holding the ball too long or just making clumsy mistakes - I'm willing to give him a break on playcalling. Tee has always wanted to be a HC though and I know he passed up a few mid-major jobs and has been in the running for a few P5s (If Kentucky opens up, that's his) so I think he's just waiting for the right offer. Clay wouldn't fire him - he's too loyal.

I don't think Ronnie Bradford is a bad coach either. Corners are out on islands in man coverage all game and for the most part hold up. He and Clancy do absolutely ZERO recruiting, though, and it's getting tiring hearing recruit after recruit say in February that they spoke to Ronnie maybe once all year.

Back
Top Bottom