OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I saw talk about a Bradford replacement on a board and was confused, then saw Scott Wolf say he interviewed for the Jets? I haven't seen anything official about it so I thought it was a dumb rumor.

Yep, i think thats Kenechi. He wants more money and a bigger say. We need to at least keep Nance. It was a matter of time with Kenechi leaving.

Tee should have taken that job with LSU if it was offered. But maybe he was hesitant because O's seat is hotter? Dude really wants to be a head coach and needs a fresh start. I'm wondering if Clay might have told him he should start looking elsewhere because he may not be retained? Rather than fire him, give him a chance to find another gig?

Looks like you're right and Kenechi is mad and threatening to leave because he wants to be on the field instead of in the coaches box. Clancy wants him spotting from above and won't let him be on the sideline? This sounds silly lol.

Jalen Hall and Camren McDonald.

What's up w/ them? Been reading that the hall is somewhat overrated (iirc you guys in the thread have said something to that effect as well)

Jalen Hall and Camren McDonald.

What's up w/ them? Been reading that the hall is somewhat overrated (iirc you guys in the thread have said something to that effect as well)

Hall is overrated. He was a beast as a Sophomore but never got better. His 5 star was based on those early evaluations and he makes some incredible catches, but overall is just kinda blah whenever matched up against really good defenses. He hasn't been an every down stud in games or in camps for two years now. You know a kid is struggling when he was a 5 star and still all of his local schools stop recruiting him solely because of performance.

Cam McDonald is a tweener, can't really block well so he's not an elite TE, but also isn't particularly super athletic as a receiver either. He could definitely grow into something special though.

I was actually just wondering about those two guys - didn't realize they were both leaning FSU. i was surprised Cam didn't sign with TAMU. I'm guessing Jimbo dropped Cam when he got to A&M and Willie is using his west coast pull on Jalen now?

Last edited:
I saw talk about a Bradford replacement on a board and was confused, then saw Scott Wolf say he interviewed for the Jets? I haven't seen anything official about it so I thought it was a dumb rumor.
I heard they might promote someone on the current staff who;s not a part of the 10 "coaches?" Ron something. Looks like he was a db coach in the NFL for like 7 years. Never heard of him but intrigued with his 7 years experience in the league.

I heard they might promote someone on the current staff who;s not a part of the 10 "coaches?" Ron something. Looks like he was a db coach in the NFL for like 7 years. Never heard of him but intrigued with his 7 years experience in the league.

Rick Courtright? Lol. I don't know anything about him outside he's a quality control guy I think Clancy brought from the NFL. I'd rather have Keynodo back though.

Hall is overrated. He was a beast as a Sophomore but never got better. His 5 star was based on those early evaluations and he makes some incredible catches, but overall is just kinda blah whenever matched up against really good defenses. He hasn't been an every down stud in games or in camps for two years now. You know a kid is struggling when he was a 5 star and still all of his local schools stop recruiting him solely because of performance.

Cam McDonald is a tweener, can't really block well so he's not an elite TE, but also isn't particularly super athletic as a receiver either. He could definitely grow into something special though.

I was actually just wondering about those two guys - didn't realize they were both leaning FSU. i was surprised Cam didn't sign with TAMU. I'm guessing Jimbo dropped Cam when he got to A&M and Willie is using his west coast pull on Jalen now?
Jimbo & co. weren’t after either of those guys, unless they kept it wayyyy under wraps. Didn’t hear anything about either until WT came on board.

Only gonna have 5 Scholly WR’s on the roster next year as things stand so they need as many quality bodies as possible. From everything I’ve see Cam is wanted as a Flex TE & Hall as a WR

Gavin, Murray, Campbell, Matthews and who?

Tamorrion Terry aka my fav player in last years class b/c of his prom outfit:

997BA748-D2EF-4837-BFE2-1A2CBAFD85B8.jpeg

:rofl: :pimp:

Don't think we'll have room unless Quay Walker goes to the Vols. 5 Spots left:

CB Campbell
DL Jordan Davis
DL Tramel Walthour/Rick Sandidge
WR Tommy Bush
????? Best player available

Hearing USC is all in about ITS but questioning his work ethic (other Pac schools boards saying the same thing) and will move on if OG and Irving commit early and ITS keeps waiting.

You don't HAVE to run that offense from under center in the flex 99% like GT and the academies do it.

If that's the direction Kenny wants to go in, he'd be smart to pick up Ferris St HC Tony Annese in some capacity. He should be the guy at CMU right now.

Last edited:
I understand Khalil not wanting to run the triple option, if it means him having to take hits carrying the ball 20 times a game when everyone knows he's going to be running.

BYU reportedly wanted Niumatalolo to hire Ty Detmer as his offensive coordinator. The former Cougars quarterback did become the OC under Kalani Sitake but lasted just two seasons.

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom